Marketplace Post all Lexus related classifieds here! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

2013 LS460 L - Mint condition 35k miles

For Sale

Old 09-17-19, 11:28 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Wow closing in on a year now, good luck.
Old 09-18-19, 06:24 AM
Searosis
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Wow closing in on a year now, good luck.
I took it off the market for a long time. I have been back and forth on the sale and unfortunately the few people who have inquired have not had the money to buy it and have thoroughly wasted my time.
Old 10-07-19, 09:57 PM
RichardM1
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been looking at LS models in this price range (I'm in FL). All of the lenders I've used in the past have a 2014 cutoff for their published rates/terms. 2013 and back seems to be capped at 48 or 60 months and carries a higher interest rate. I've even started excluding 2013 from my searches knowing that paying for the car would cost more. I wonder if the issues you've had with buyers being unable to line up financing might be related to this.

Edit: I am curious about this car, BTW. I haven't been looking at L models so I have no idea how much extra they typically fetch over regular wheelbase examples. The colors both inside and outside are exactly what I've been looking for. First I have to go measure my garage!

Last edited by RichardM1; 10-07-19 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-10-19, 08:09 PM
Searosis
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by RichardM1
I've been looking at LS models in this price range (I'm in FL). All of the lenders I've used in the past have a 2014 cutoff for their published rates/terms. 2013 and back seems to be capped at 48 or 60 months and carries a higher interest rate. I've even started excluding 2013 from my searches knowing that paying for the car would cost more. I wonder if the issues you've had with buyers being unable to line up financing might be related to this.

Edit: I am curious about this car, BTW. I haven't been looking at L models so I have no idea how much extra they typically fetch over regular wheelbase examples. The colors both inside and outside are exactly what I've been looking for. First I have to go measure my garage!
Hello. The issues haven’t been the year. It’s been people overextending! Space coast credit union here in Florida has
amazing rates and the age of car doesn’t matter. They have locations all over Florida. In my experience even when buying the car the L models fetch 2-3k more. However I am priced quite low for an L. I put it on auto trader last week at 33.5 and have had a few calls I just haven’t had the time to show it.
Old 10-18-19, 05:31 PM
Searosis
Pit Crew

Reduced to 29.9. Priced to sell
Old 10-22-19, 12:26 PM
noname123
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty nice car. Watching price of your car dropping little by little is pretty funny. I will wait for a few more months and see the price.
Old 10-22-19, 11:25 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by noname123
Pretty nice car. Watching price of your car dropping little by little is pretty funny. I will wait for a few more months and see the price.
10K+ price reduction over a year. I checked cars.com and he does have it priced a few K under dealer prices. Problem is the car is a depreciating asset and I'm sure he's open to serious offers if someone was a cash buyer. I think for luxury cars it's harder to sell on the used private market since most people at this price range buy from Dealers. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by peasodos; 10-23-19 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-24-19, 05:47 AM
Searosis
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by peasodos
10K+ price reduction over a year. I checked cars.com and he does have it priced a few K under dealer prices. Problem is the car is a depreciating asset and I'm sure he's open to serious offers if someone was a cash buyer. I think for luxury cars it's harder to sell on the used private market since most people at this price range buy from Dealers. Good luck with the sale.
That has been the problem. Most people are like the gentlemen above who can only offer critical commentary versus paying a fair price for a vehicle. I cant wait until he lists a car for sale so i can trash his ad.

As of this post I will be removing the ad.
Old 10-24-19, 09:55 AM
noname123
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Searosis
That has been the problem. Most people are like the gentlemen above who can only offer critical commentary versus paying a fair price for a vehicle. I cant wait until he lists a car for sale so i can trash his ad.

As of this post I will be removing the ad.
I do not think that is trash talk, he gave a fair opinion. Of course, you, the seller, do not like it. I suppose you like commentary like "This is the best deal I have ever seen, give me 10!".

But there is a reason why your car has not been sold for a year. Not many people are willing to spend $30K on a used car from a private seller with around 45,000 miles on it, and I believe many of them choose to go to dealer to save potential troubles.

The ad is gone now, but still good luck to you selling the car soon.
Old 10-24-19, 12:37 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I think he could have sold his car if he tired aggressively- I sold my ls460 like 1000 more what the dealer was giving me as trade ; I needed it gone and it moved in 2 weeks. Car was perfect like most members here we keep our cars clean/well maintained. Having said that he can probably trade in for 25-26 and if it was selling here for that price maybe a little more it would have been gone quick. Having said that; I almost feel like he took it down because of the negative stuff it got here which I think is not nice. ...we should be considerate of members here.

I do not think that is trash talk, he gave a fair opinion. Of course, you, the seller, do not like it. I suppose you like commentary like "This is the best deal I have ever seen, give me 10!".

But there is a reason why your car has not been sold for a year. Not many people are willing to spend $30K on a used car from a private seller with around 45,000 miles on it, and I believe many of them choose to go to dealer to save potential troubles.

Last edited by UZ214; 10-24-19 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-24-19, 01:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

It IS an issue and we have a rule against it that was already warned about earlier in the thread in addition to being posted in the classified rules. Please don't do this in future for sale ads.

if you don't like what's posted for whatever reason, then move on and don't buy it. The classifieds on our forum are not a place to offer random commentary and opinion because it results in unnecessary situations like this.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-24-19 at 01:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
UZ214 (10-24-19)