Marketplace Post all Lexus related classifieds here! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

JDM Power Folding Mirror - complete setup for 97-01 ES

For Sale

Exterior Body Parts

05-17-20, 05:09 PM | Replies: 0 | Views: 756
  • Exterior Body Parts - JDM Power Folding Mirror - complete setup for 97-01 ES - Used - 1997 to 2001 Lexus ES300 - Wayland, MA 01778, United States
    Sold
Lead Lap

• Price
    $150
  • Location Wayland, MA, 01778, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Lexus ES300 1997 - 2001
Description:

$150 shipped from MA to the lower 48, what a deal...

I'm selling the JDM power folding mirror set up from my old 2001 ES. I'll just be right up front and say, this is for the person who is familiar with wiring stuff and circuits and generally figuring things out. If you are that person... I have for you a deal! Includes:

• driver's side and passengers side power folding mirrors - these have been disassembled and the JDM power folding unit has been mated with the USDM memory and driver's dimming mirror, so all functions are intact, though as old as these cars are the memory sensors are a bit wonky.
  • spare left-side JDM power folding mirror.
  • Center vent trim with custom LS430 "auto folding" switch
  • Relay box wired up to support the LS430 switch
  • Harness I built that plugs into the factory radio amp for power, runs to the LS430 switch, and the relay box with harness plugs and a mirror controller wired in
  • Wiring diagram for the whole thing drawn up by yours truly ;-)

What you will need to do: Unless you have a Sage Metallic ES, you will need to transplant the mirror guts into your housings. For the harness you will need to tap into a few wires in the car, namely the lock and unlock wires under the drivers side dash. You will need to run the mirror folding wires out to the doors to the mirrors. You'll need to tap the illumination wire for the hazard switch to illuminate the mirror setting switch.

What this does: JDM folding mirrors, wired with relays to work like an LS430: In "Auto" the mirrors fold when you lock the car, unfold when you unlock the car. On the manual settings it works like you expect, "Fold" folds the mirrors in, and "Unfold" folds them out. See here for the detail of this project: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...g-odyssey.html