Marketplace Post all Lexus related classifieds here! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Searching for a Unicorn...94 LS400 Anniversary Edition In Opal White Pearl

Wanted

1994 Lexus LS400

01-24-23, 01:32 PM | Replies: 6 | Views: 989
Instructor

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Ashburn, VA, 20147, USA
  • Condition Used
Description:

Title says it all and very particular in the specimen I am looking for; prefer under 100k miles but will consider up to 130k depending on maintenance records, NO accidents and clean carfax with little to NO mods and everything needs to work. Will consider some paintwork but Im really picky on paint work so it has to be done right; no Earl Scheib we'll paint any car for $99.95. Has to have the enkei wheels and prefer with Anniv edition mats at least on PS I have a DS one, no split/torn seats and books/manuals and of course maintenance records are a huge plus ($$).

I am not looking for a project car! I am willing to pay and travel for the right car ideally this car isnt in the rust belt states but reach out anyway. We can discuss how often your vehicle was exposed to the elements.

I know this is a needle in a haystack search but Im in no hurry. I owned one up until 2003 when I traded it in for an even rarer car but always loved this car and hoped to get back into one.

Responses here or in PM are equally encouraged. 

Old 10-30-23, 07:12 PM
LS400SJ
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1994 LS400 Annoversary

Have you found your unicorn? I may have what you're looking for.
Let me know!
Old 11-12-23, 03:29 PM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 247 Likes on 202 Posts

I know car manufacturers like to capitalize on premium option packages, but they are taking things too far if Lexus made a special 4th anniversary edition of the LS400
Old 11-13-23, 07:22 AM
LS400SJ
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dwoods801
I know car manufacturers like to capitalize on premium option packages, but they are taking things too far if Lexus made a special 4th anniversary edition of the LS400

It's true that manufacturers capitalize whenever they can with "special packages" of ALL kinds!

BUT.....in this case, there was a real reason to celebrate with an "Anniversary Edition". It was a "5th Anniversary", not "4th", as the brand really was born in 1989. And Toyota had put so much time and effort and such an extraordinary amount of money into R&D to create the Lexus brand, and it was received with such overwhelming success, that buyers were lined up to pay over M.S.R.P. at the time for the LS! (With good reason....it really was the finest product from Japan to ever hit the USA shores and represented an incredible value over it's German counterpart competition. But then if you're here reading this I am preaching to the choir, right?

I own a 1994 "Anniversary Edition" and it's really stunning. Garaged every single day of its life since the day it was brought home from the dealer to my neighbor's garage, and it stayed in his family until I purchased it. It's simply incredible what keeping a car in a climate controlled garage every day of its life does for a car! It looks almost new from the outside, and other than a couple areas showing the expected wear on the driver's seat, looks just as nice inside! The back seat has never been sat in! It was used as a commuter car by the owner who drove it to work and back, and used an SUV for family outings.
Old 01-20-24, 06:12 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Havent found it yet, lets chat if you are still looking to sell. I dropped you a PM earlier today.
Old 01-20-24, 06:51 PM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 247 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by LS400SJ
It's true that manufacturers capitalize whenever they can with "special packages" of ALL kinds!

BUT.....in this case, there was a real reason to celebrate with an "Anniversary Edition". It was a "5th Anniversary", not "4th", as the brand really was born in 1989. And Toyota had put so much time and effort and such an extraordinary amount of money into R&D to create the Lexus brand, and it was received with such overwhelming success, that buyers were lined up to pay over M.S.R.P. at the time for the LS! (With good reason....it really was the finest product from Japan to ever hit the USA shores and represented an incredible value over it's German counterpart competition. But then if you're here reading this I am preaching to the choir, right?

I own a 1994 "Anniversary Edition" and it's really stunning. Garaged every single day of its life since the day it was brought home from the dealer to my neighbor's garage, and it stayed in his family until I purchased it. It's simply incredible what keeping a car in a climate controlled garage every day of its life does for a car! It looks almost new from the outside, and other than a couple areas showing the expected wear on the driver's seat, looks just as nice inside! The back seat has never been sat in! It was used as a commuter car by the owner who drove it to work and back, and used an SUV for family outings.
i actually worked at LHM Lexus here in Salt Lake City, when Toyota launched the Lexus brand In fall of ‘89, for the first year everything was run out outta the Toyota Dealership while the new facility was being built. The line up was simple, the LS400 starting at $36,000 with cloth seats, and the ES250, basically a Camry XLE V6. I worked their for 7 years and the first and only special edition I remember was the “Coach Edition” but the first model year of any Lexus was definitely 1990, if you come across’89 LS400 it must have a Japanese Market version or something. But you have got me curious? You have a ‘94 that has “5th Anniversary” badges on it?
Old 01-22-24, 04:16 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoods801
i actually worked at LHM Lexus here in Salt Lake City, when Toyota launched the Lexus brand In fall of ‘89, for the first year everything was run out outta the Toyota Dealership while the new facility was being built. The line up was simple, the LS400 starting at $36,000 with cloth seats, and the ES250, basically a Camry XLE V6. I worked their for 7 years and the first and only special edition I remember was the “Coach Edition” but the first model year of any Lexus was definitely 1990, if you come across’89 LS400 it must have a Japanese Market version or something. But you have got me curious? You have a ‘94 that has “5th Anniversary” badges on it?
5th Anniversary Edition includes Special Color Selection, Special Wheels by Enkei, Gold Emblem Package, Lexus/Nakamichi Premium Audio System, Remote 6-CD Auto-Changer, Power Moonroof, Memory System and Special Floormats. There are no external badges but there is embroidered on the floor mat anniversary edition. 2 distinct colors offered were: Opal White Pearl with Ivory or Gray interior or Midnight Indigo Pearl with Blue or Gray interior.

This link has some pics in the Opal Pearl... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ions-made.html