WTB: 10" Free-air sub

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-05, 05:45 PM
SCLEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 10" Free-air sub

I am looking for a new or slightly used free air sub that I can put in my SC400 in the existing subwoofer hole. It needs to be 10" but it can be pioneer or JL 10ib4 or if there's anything else that would work well, then post it. I have two MTX 6000 12s in my trunk and I have no room, so i'm trying to get rid of that box and put in a sub in the stock hole. Thanks!

Richard
Old 05-05-05, 01:39 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a free air Kicker woofer I can sell you, it's an 8 inch but fits perfectly in the stock position and sounds much better than the stock woofer. I bought a pair and sold one last week to another member. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get it to you quickly $50.
Old 05-05-05, 06:26 PM
SCLEX
Pole Position

Is it new? What's the model number, and how does it compare to a 10"? Did you install it in a SC? Just wondering...

Richard
Old 05-06-05, 11:23 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SCLEX
Is it new? What's the model number, and how does it compare to a 10"? Did you install it in a SC? Just wondering...

Richard
1. No, but damn near. A 9.5 out of 10.
2. I don't know offhand, if you're SERIOUSLY interested I'll get that info for you.
3. How does it compare to a 10"? well, it's 2" smaller....
4. Yes I did!
Old 05-06-05, 10:34 PM
SCLEX
Pole Position

did you get that subwoofer from Cerberus? He doesnt respond to PMs or his post... wierd... What kind of mounting stuff did you use? I'm just wondering how easy it is to install b/c I have to do it myself. The deal sounds good though.

Richard
Old 05-09-05, 10:17 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SCLEX
did you get that subwoofer from Cerberus? He doesnt respond to PMs or his post... wierd... What kind of mounting stuff did you use? I'm just wondering how easy it is to install b/c I have to do it myself. The deal sounds good though.

Richard
No I did not, and I don't know any "Cerebus" either. Mounting stuff? Just screws, that's all. No modding or cutting or anything crazy like that.

It gets no simpler than this: We popped off the center brake light cover to expose the stock sub. We opened the trunk and folded down the trunk liner. We unscrewed the stock woofer and pulled it out (didn't have to remove the rear seat or anything other than what I told you) we crimped on the new speaker wires and screwed down the new woofer. Done. It took about 15-20 minutes and most of that was because we were talking. Let me know.

-Mike
Old 05-13-05, 11:42 AM
aasc300
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not $50 shipped, is it Mike?
Old 05-16-05, 10:53 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aasc300
Thats not $50 shipped, is it Mike?
No, that's for a local pick-up. I can ship it if you want though, you'd just have to cover that...and I don't imagine it would be more than like $10 for a box and packing stuff and whatnot. I can do it for $60 shipped if you want. Let me know.

ps-that's $60 shipped in the continental US
Old 05-24-05, 08:22 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Not trying to hijack anyone's thread, but I have a 12" Free-air Kicker. I have one that is brand new in the box and one that is mounted on a baffle to fit the stock 10" hole. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Old 05-25-05, 10:44 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmecbr900
Not trying to hijack anyone's thread
Actually, that's EXACTLY what you're trying to do

Don't be lazy, make your own thread about your item and leave this one for MY item. Thanks.
Old 05-25-05, 11:33 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Actually, that's EXACTLY what you're trying to do

Don't be lazy, make your own thread about your item and leave this one for MY item. Thanks.
Listen Mr. Jerk, you've been trying to sew up "your" deal for almost a month now. It's either gonna happen or not. Either way, THAT is NOT MY fault pal. I didn't post anything until last night and it was merely as an add-on, certainly wasn't intended as a hinderance. I wasn't trying to get in the middle of "your" deal. I honestly thought yall were done since the subject changed to something else between yall.

Next time if you have a grievance with someone, take it to PM. I would've been glad to have discussed it there with you rather than here.
Old 05-26-05, 12:14 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Listen Mr. Jerk, you've been trying to sew up "your" deal for almost a month now. It's either gonna happen or not. Either way, THAT is NOT MY fault pal.
Listen Mr. Idiot, I had more than one of these speakers to sell, so nothing has taken a month to "sew up". Don't come trying to hijack my thread, simple as that. Make some effort to start your own.
Old 05-26-05, 09:40 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Listen Mr. Idiot, I had more than one of these speakers to sell, so nothing has taken a month to "sew up". Don't come trying to hijack my thread, simple as that. Make some effort to start your own.
#1 Genius, I already made a new thread for myself yesterday when you got your panties in a wad.

#2 Loud mouth, I may have sold BOTH my speakers to fellow CL members that aren't as uptight as you. All in one day. You're *****ing at me and you've been trying to sell yours for what??? A month??? Whatever. Keep trying to sell your speakers wherever you want. Come over to my thread if you want, maybe I'll even help you sell yours.

#3 Mr. smart mouth, this wasn't even "your" thread to start with. You came into someone else's thread and offered your speaker and that's it. So, why don't you take your own advice and now mine and START your own thread to try and sell whatever it is you've got left???? So technically, you've got your panties in an uproar over something that aint even yours to begin with.

Whatever. I'm done having a pissing contest with you. I started my own thread like you whined about and that's that. You have something else to say to me? Say it via PM where I don't have to be politically correct to you and we'll resolve it that way. If not, then I'm done BSing with you.

Have a good one.
Old 05-27-05, 09:53 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

#1 Genius...#2 Loud mouth...#3 Mr. smart mouth...Whatever. I'm done having a pissing contest with you. You have something else to say to me?
You sure do talk a lot of shat over the net, and looks like you've got some sub-par name calling skills too. You have waaay too much time on your hands "Jamie"

Last edited by mikeloc24; 05-27-05 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-27-05, 10:05 AM
aasc300
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be easy with them locsta!!!!

Quick Reply: WTB: 10" Free-air sub