Custom 2nd gen GS trunk build up w/ 2 Image Dynamics subs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 05:06 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Custom 2nd gen GS trunk build up w/ 2 Image Dynamics subs

I bought this set up from another CL member awhile ago to put in my GS project, but after alot of thought, I decided to not do the trunk. With all of the HP the new GS is going to have, I chose to save the weight for performance reasons. The pic of the set up does it no justice when its just sitting on the floor, and I know the other memeber paid a ton of money to have this system built. There is a fiberglass amp rack that goes into the wheel well which is not pictured, I dropped it off at my body shop to get painted to match the car.

Here's a little info on the set up:

The box is sturdy as hell with a 1" plexi front piece, mirrored inside with a Lexus logo, and it has blue neons in the box. It has the panel that pops off to get to the box, when on it flushes up the subs.
The subs are Image Dynamics 12" subs, and they are beasts.

Technical info on the subs:

Technical Specifications for IDMAX 12
Power RMS
1000 Watts EIA, (1800 Watts Music Program)
Recommended enclosure
1.30 -1.52 cu.ft. sealed (1.8 – 2.50 cu.ft. vented @ 28Hz), Infinite baffle
Xmax (linear)
24.9 mm, (0.98 inch) one-way
Xsus (maximum)
3.5” peak to peak
Voice Coil
Dual 2 ohm or Dual 4 ohm configuration
Sensitivity 1W/1M
93.1 dB 50-150 Hz ground plane. No 88.4 dB

The side panels have a mirrored mini enclosure (not pictured) that attaches behind the plexi glass windows. the old owner had his crossovers and digital sound processor mounted in these. There are neon on these panels.

The floor panels go over the fiberglass wheel well amp racks. The floor piece has two large actuators hidden underneath, when connected to either an alarm or the trunk light.....they will open the tinited plexiglass to expose the amps and amp rack below.....real trick. When it opens, there is another clear plexiglass window covering the amps for protection. There are neons under these panels.

The amp rack is a two piece "three D' type of look. It has the fiberglass wheel well rack that holds three capacitors and one amp, this amp mounts on a 45 degree angle with the face of the amp exposed. There is another amp rack that mounts on top of that one that holds two amps mounted at an angle....one on the left, and one on the right. Its hard to explain, hopefully I will be picking the amp rack up from the body shop tomorrow to show pics of it....its really the coolest part of the install to me.

The tan vinyl covering is in decent shape, but as you see its dirty. I didnt take too many precautions to keep it up whiel it was sitting, I was going to have it all re vinyled with grey vinyl to match my interior.

Here's a pic of it . The previous owner spent thousands to get this done.....here's a chance to own it at a fraction of the price. I will ship it, but it wont be cheap due to the weight. Even at that, this will be a hell of a deal for someone.

If you need a better explanation of the set up, PM me with a phone number and I will call you with more info.....it really is hard to explain with typing.

Im selling the set up for $1000.

By the way, obviously this all fits together like a glove, the panels are just sitting there to give you a visual of how it all goes together.....and the center panels that are sticking up, go together seemlessly when actually in the trunk. Amps and capacitor in the pic are not included...see my other for sale ad for them.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 06-05-05 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-03-05, 05:38 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking setup. Do you have any pics of what it looks like when sitting inside the trunk?
Old 06-03-05, 05:45 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I had some from the previous owner he sent me when I bought it, but I cant seem to find them. The pics really do the set up no justice, plus the fiberglass two level amp rack is the coolest part...which is not in the pics. I will keep looking for the pics, and hopefully I will have time to pick up the amp rack tomorrow from the body shop.
Old 06-03-05, 05:49 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This setup looks very clean. I would really like to see the amp rack. What color did you have it painted? I assume it sits under the plexiglass?
Old 06-03-05, 05:58 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

You are correct, it sits under the plexi.....here is an idea of how it goes together.

**fiberglass amp rack #1 in wheel well
**amp rack for two amps sits on top of amp rack #1
**wood panel with tinited plexi and actuators sits on top of the first wood panel, this also has the clear plexi on the other side once the tintied plexi opens.
**vinyl cover sits on top of that one
**side panels and rear sub cover seems up to the floor for a clean look

I didnt get it painted. Its painted that burndish gold color now, but it needs to be painted. It had holes for the wiring from the previous owners amps. My JL amps had the wiring in different spots. I had all of the holes filled in to drill new ones for my amp. They were then going to paint it Mellinium silver to match my car, but I called them today and told them not to paint it since I wasnt gonig to use it. SO the holes are filled and its ready to be painted whatever color the new owners car happens to be. IN realuty, I could have left the old holes in it, becuase once its all together you dont see them anyhow......but Im ****, so I had them filled.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 06-03-05 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-03-05, 07:41 PM
QuikLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this include the amps and capacitors by chance?
Old 06-03-05, 07:44 PM
QuikLex
Pole Position

Never mind. Saw your other post...
Old 06-03-05, 09:13 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I sent you a PM....as you said, the amps are seperate. The fiberglass amp rack is made specifically to fit three caps, I have one Phoenix Gold cap that I will include with a pckg deal ($120 value).

The amps are going on E Bay first thing in the morning......so if your interested, let me know.

Thanks
Old 06-03-05, 09:44 PM
DK_NGUYEN
Pole Position

Looks Good !!!
Old 06-07-05, 11:26 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Sale pending........
Old 06-08-05, 12:18 PM