FL WTB cheap Amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-09, 07:16 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB cheap Amp

Allright everyone I just need a 2/1 channel amp or any amp that will work in my 97 SC. Prefer lower than 70 since I have already blown alot of money and just need something a bit more powerful than my stock amp. Thanks and let me know what you got asap. Need one by next week at the latest.
Old 06-16-09, 08:34 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What have you done so far. Because the stock amp is a 5-Channel and controls all the speakers and sub. If you switch out amps you will lose your sub. Also you will then run into the mess of wiring harnesses with the stock HU. Its not easy, also I wouldn't recommend putting more power to the stock speakers. They are rated for the stock amp and more power might be too much. Anyways these are just some pointers, and if you have done something already let me know. Ill lend you my help as much as I can.
Old 06-17-09, 12:31 AM
1GStoEnvy
Lexus Champion

i have an arc audio one... i'll take some pictures and post it
Old 06-17-09, 01:26 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by captainsc
What have you done so far. Because the stock amp is a 5-Channel and controls all the speakers and sub. If you switch out amps you will lose your sub. Also you will then run into the mess of wiring harnesses with the stock HU. Its not easy, also I wouldn't recommend putting more power to the stock speakers. They are rated for the stock amp and more power might be too much. Anyways these are just some pointers, and if you have done something already let me know. Ill lend you my help as much as I can.
I haven't done anything to the audio yet Taylor but I'm about to be running a carputer but I believe I'm going to have to change the stock amp in order to power it but I don't know for sure yet. I have zero experience with audio equipment so I need all the help I can get. I don't want to change the OEM sub or the speakers if thats possible because then I will be more in debt so any pointers would be very much helpful.

Originally Posted by 1GStoEnvy
i have an arc audio one... i'll take some pictures and post it
Sounds good....post pics and let me know a price. Definitely appreciate the help.
Old 06-17-09, 12:14 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, the power for your HU, or Carputer in this case doesn't come from the amp. So it looks like you might just need to possibly get a wiring harness. Im not to familiar with Carputers very much, but I assume with the audio component, it is mostly like installing a 2DIN player. So you should be ok and might not need an amp for the carputer. We'll talk more at applebees.
Old 06-17-09, 06:48 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by captainsc
Ok, the power for your HU, or Carputer in this case doesn't come from the amp. So it looks like you might just need to possibly get a wiring harness. Im not to familiar with Carputers very much, but I assume with the audio component, it is mostly like installing a 2DIN player. So you should be ok and might not need an amp for the carputer. We'll talk more at applebees.
Thanks for the info Taylor. Yea we will talk more in a few minutes to see what else I need to get this thing working.
Old 06-19-09, 09:08 PM
fastsmurf0
Pole Position

i've got a rf amp at home. not sure of much on it. i'll check and post tomorrow when i get home from vacation.
Old 06-19-09, 11:13 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fastsmurf0
i've got a rf amp at home. not sure of much on it. i'll check and post tomorrow when i get home from vacation.
Thanks man. Just let me know what you got whenever and I will let you know if it will work for me. Really appreciate it.