IL climate control fault, clock,12v input has no voltage to it, radio won't come on!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-10, 07:29 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation climate control fault, clock,12v input has no voltage to it, radio won't come on!

I have a 93 Gs300 with a panasonic aftermarket system in it. (Panansonic CQ-Vad9300u with the Yep0fx5054 hideawaybrain). anyways the tvs in the headrest would come on but wasn't getting any signal from the deck itself. i try to fix it but couldnt come up with anything. i had to work so i reinstalled the radio and it wouldnt work. okay... i checked the fuse block and the radio fuse was poped. i replaced it and it blew 5 seconds after i put in a new fuse. i replace like 5 fuses that day. i took out the radio and checked all my grounds and power wires and everything was fine.. no cross connections. i try a 30A fuse and nothing happened. i smelled smoke and when i got to the trunk i had fried the amp. when i looked at it, for some reason my trunk had beeen leaking when it rain or when i go through the carwash and the water messed up the circuitbord. it was all rusty and correded and i figured thats probably why that fuse was blowing the whole time. so i unpluged the amp and the changer and i ordered a new amp its on the way as we speak. and now the radio fuse is okay with that amp unpluged. okay now this is the crazy part. i hooked up the radio and the everything so that when i get the amp i'll just have to deal with the trunk but now my climate control won't work, blower motor wont work, the 12 volts phone charger input has no voltage to it, my clock above the the control unit isnt coming on either including the radio. do anybody know what can i do? all the fuses are good. **** just dont work. do you guys think or know if all those controls would work without the amp hooked up or not? they all could share some king of common ground or power. i have the changer unhooked right now including the amp. do you know whats going on?? Pleas help me! if ya could.... can you unhook your amp and cd chander and see if the climate control and radio works without them connected? PLease!!!

Last edited by Mr.Gs_GTE; 03-06-10 at 07:31 PM. Reason: missing few words
Old 03-07-10, 05:48 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL, you'll have much better luck getting an anwer in the 1st Generation GS section here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...eneration-120/
Old 03-08-10, 06:04 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aight man thanks i just did. im from MN too dogg, just in chicago for skool. you lovin your ride??