Retrofit plug-n-play 8000K HID KIT

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-02, 08:31 PM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofit plug-n-play 8000K HID KIT

This kit is for bulb model 9006, I can also get H1, H7, 9007, etc. Please inquire for availability.
Selling the kit for $500 shipped.

The Falcon HID kit uses Hella/Philip Ballast and Osram Bulb (8000K). The shine output is an amazing pure blue color and really bright on the road. The color on the road is actually very white compare to the other kits. The kit is manufacture in Germany and has highest quality component. The best thing about this kit is that it has 3 year manufacture warranty!! Warranty cover defective bulb and ballast but does not cover faulty installation. Any questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Ted
sales@chronic-systems.com
Old 06-11-02, 10:33 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

where in texas are you?
Old 06-12-02, 01:55 AM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

In Houston. However we are only a online store. We can deliver you the product or have you pick it up.

Thanks,

Ted
Old 06-12-02, 02:05 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a high res photo (like the first one) of what's inside the kit? I ask because there is no such thing as a 8000K OSRAM bulb (I called Sylvania and asked)...

I just want to make sure our members are getting high quality HID kits...most of the HID kits out there are JUNK and don't really contain what they claim too (like Philips ballasts and bulbs...many contain cheap Korean bulbs and questionable ballasts)...

Last edited by Manaray; 06-12-02 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 02:16 AM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

Sure I have pictures. The 8000K is the color temperature of the bulb. I've installed it in my car and it looks to be correct. Also they come with a three year warranty. Anything goes wrong send it back to me.

Thanks,

Ted

Here you go:

In the picture you can tell it is a legitimate Hella Ballasts.

Last edited by Chronic Systems; 06-12-02 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 02:23 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the harness have a relay and a inline fuse also? Do some of these kits come with Philips ballasts also? I noticed that one was by Hella...looks like the Philips one though...wonder if that's a private label for Hella (I'll ask Philips about that one...)

As for the 8000K, yeah, I know it's the color...but OSRAM doesn't make a 8000K bulb...no one does. Not Philips, not Sylvania/OSRAM, not PIAA, etc...that's why I always questions these kits from Taiwan/Korea...lots of bull***** comes from those two places....as a matter of fact, I've never heard of any quality kits coming from that area...only Europe and Japan.

Ted, please know, I'm not trying to get on your case, but I want to make sure that people know the deal..there are LOT of not-so-good kits out there. I have sourced a high quality kit for very good prices (that I don't make a single dime on mind you) that has a proven track record...I want to make sure that ClubLexus members get only quality products, that's all...
Old 06-12-02, 02:31 AM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

Not a problem with me. I understand. I'm not a HID expert. So far from using the kit myself it looks really nice. I've seen the kit firsthand and from what I know the Hella insignia is stamped on. I'm not sure if there is a inline fuse, I think there is one right inside the ballast, atleast it looks like it to me.

Originally posted by manaray
Does the harness have a relay and a inline fuse also? Do some of these kits come with Philips ballasts also? I noticed that one was by Hella...looks like the Philips one though...wonder if that's a private label for Hella (I'll ask Philips about that one...)

As for the 8000K, yeah, I know it's the color...but OSRAM doesn't make a 8000K bulb...no one does. Not Philips, not Sylvania/OSRAM, not PIAA, etc...that's why I always questions these kits from Taiwan/Korea...lots of bull***** comes from those two places....as a matter of fact, I've never heard of any quality kits coming from that area...only Europe and Japan.

Ted, please know, I'm not trying to get on your case, but I want to make sure that people know the deal..there are LOT of not-so-good kits out there. I have sourced a high quality kit for very good prices (that I don't make a single dime on mind you) that has a proven track record...I want to make sure that ClubLexus members get only quality products, that's all...
Old 06-12-02, 02:33 AM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

We installed the HID kit on the black WRX below, the one with the projector beams. It is being compared to a K2 6000K HID kit.

A look at the hid kit

Last edited by Chronic Systems; 06-12-02 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 09:46 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

So do you have a 9006 kit that uses D2S bulbs?