NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Amsoil Meet 2!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 07:16 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Amsoil Meet 2! March 11, 2006

Ok guys, I'm starting the Amsoil thing up again. Lets keep it cool. Anyone interested in having there car Amsoiled out in the NYC metro area by my guy chime in. Special group rate for us. As some of you know, Amsoil invented the synthetic oil, and it is by far the best sythetic oil out there. They make the sythetic equivalent to the Toyota Type IV fluid for your tranny. We can do it some time this month on a Saturday. Date will be set pending interest.

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 02-07-06 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-01-06, 08:53 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sean,

Why don't you post up what the prices might look like for people who are interested instead of the 'new' people coming in and asking the same questions that turned this issue into a 'worth it' debate or not. Post up as much info as possible (as well as your opinion/experience) and get all the info out there in a one shot deal.

I'm kinda curious about the engine flush and may do it a later date since the dealer said I may have some sludge build up when he last changed my oil.
Old 02-01-06, 09:30 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Default Updated

Ok guys here is the official price breakdown:

Transmission flush with the Bilstein machine and Amsoil.......$350 bucks we save $25 bucks.
Engine Flush with Bilstein machine and Amsoil.........................$ 130 bucks .. We save $20 bucks
Oil change with Amsoil including new filter...................................$ 60 bucks we save $10 bucks
Amsoil Differential oil change............................................ ...............$80 bucks....
PowerSteering flush with machine........................................... ....... $55 bucks we save $25 bucks
Proffessional Fuel injection cleaning.......................................... ......$69.99 we save $10 bucks

Prices for Amsoil have gone up slightly since the last meet due to the cost of the oil itself, and the rationing of Amsoil to vendors and private parties alike. He will t work with you as far as price. It can be less than listed here if we show up as a crew. Mind you, getting all this stuff done with dyno oil at the stealership will be much more expensive. *** These prices are less for sc300, gs300's***** Less Amsoil reqired.

I have Amsoil in my engine and tranny. Let me tell you, the car is so much smoother and it feels as if it has gained a more ponies. The Amsoil tranny fluid and engine oil will save you money in the long run because it stays cleaner and runs much cooler than conventional oil and the famous Mobil 1 brand of oil. I've had it in my tranny now for about 14k and it is still cherry red compared to the Toyota type IV at this mileage point.

We will need a commited group to get good prices, not one or two guys at a time.

1. DASHOCKER
2. OOOHPAPI
3. GSLEX
4.NYARISTO

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 02-06-06 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-01-06, 11:48 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so drop some science on the Transmission flush with the Bilstein machine and Amsoil.....I have 200k on my trans... is this a good thing to do? I am planning a rebuild next year...
Old 02-01-06, 11:51 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Default Review by fellow member LexGS and NYlexsc

LexGS says:

Hello All,

Just wanted to report with my experience and what I did at Avis yesterday.

I had Amsoiled my Tranny, Engine*, Differential and my Power Steering.
Also, replaced my main Air Filter in engine since mine was pretty black and dirty.

----------------------------------------------------

Price breakdown for you guys:
Full Tranny Flush with Bilstein Machine and 2.5 Gallons of Amsoil ATF - $275
Full Engine Flush with Bilstein Machine and [AGIP*] Synthetic Oil - $130
Differential Drain and Fill with Amsoil - $75
Power Steering Drain and Fill and Bleed - $55
Air Filter Replacement - $20
Total Cost after taxes and discount = $580 (also gave $10 to each techs so a true total of $600)
I bit pricey but I feel good about it since I know now that my Lexus is well lubed.

*Engine Story = When it was time to put oil into my engine after the way cool Bilstein process they realized that they didn't have enough Amsoil XL 5W30 oil, big bummer!
After tech called Jasper on the phone the deal turned out like this. Jasper said to fill my car up with Agip Full Synthetic 5W30 for now and he would have a new shipment of Amsoil XL 5W30 for me after this Wednesday. Jasper told the tech that I could swing over anytime after this Wednesday and that he would do a full oil change (no Bilstein) for me with the oil that I paid for.
Therefore, I am getting a sweet deal here since I am going to have the chance to really "FLUSH" my engine out with new full Synthetic Oil for a few days and then have it replaced with Amsoil at no charge to me. I think that is very cool and a true testament of good customer service.

-----------------------------------------------------

Here is my suggestion for any of you guys going there to have Amsoil work done.
Have all the Amsoil oil pulled out for you so that you can see it first to make sure that they have enough before you start the process, and to make sure that they only use Amsoil in your car and nothing else. Please make it clear that your car only get AMSOIL.

Turn around Time:
It took about one and a half hours from hood-up to hood-down.
Probably could have been faster if engine oil was in stock.
The Bilstein process for the engine oil was about 20 to 30 minutes
The Bilstein process for the tranny oil was about 30 minutes

Oil change intervals suggested by Avis Tech:
Amsoiled Tranny - 25 to 50K Miles
Amsoiled Engine - 3 to 5K Miles
Amsoiled Differential - 25 to 35K Miles
Amsoiled Power Steering (which uses ATF Fluid) - 15 to 20K Miles

My Ratings ( 1 to 5, 5 being the best)
Customer Service - 5
Technical Expertise - 5
Turn around Time - 4
Product Stock - 4
Facility Layout - 4
Friendliness - 5
Pricing – 4

Overall Experience – 4.5

Tranny is smooth as silk now (smoother than before)

Note:
Jasper had ordered a healthy amount of Amsoil ATF fluid for our club; he probably has about 8 to 10, 2.5 GAL jugs of the ATF left.
So if you need and want to do the ATF Full Flush then I think it would be cool for some more of us to show up to ease his cost layout soon.
Just let them know you are from CL.

---------------------------------------------------

Hope the info helped...

Thank again DASHOCKER for letting me know about them, my Lex also says thanks.

NYlexsc says:

Alright, so since I was the only one of CL to get anything done today, I will strongly suggest that you guys have some of this stuff done. I had an oil change done, now using AMSOIL. I also had my fuel injectors cleaned, the right way. This was not done by just adding some Pep Boys injector cleaner into the tank. This was done properly, by adding Run-Rite directly into the fuel line straight through the injector, and running the engine at about 1500 rpms intermittently with idle for 35 minutes to clean thoroughly. I saw smoke billowing out of my exhaust and could tell the effect of the cleaning agent. On my drive home, my car has signigicantly smoother acceleration, smoother start up, and in it feels a little quicker through the upper range of RPMs. I also had them clean my throttle body, on second thought, I can do that myself next time since they didn't do anything that I couldn't have done (thankfully didn't charge much for it either).

Many thanks to Sean (DASHOCKER) for setting this up, and even though I didn't get the maximum benefit of group pricing (since 1 car isn't considered a group ) It was still cheaper to have this done here than anywhere else, and they did a great job.

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 02-01-06 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-02-06, 05:42 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
so drop some science on the Transmission flush with the Bilstein machine and Amsoil.....I have 200k on my trans... is this a good thing to do? I am planning a rebuild next year...
The Bilstein machine does not require the tranny pan to be dropped. It will evacuate the gunky fluid via the tranny line, and flush it out with the clean fluid. It is 99% effective in removing all the old gunky fluid. I would do it if I were you. It will not have an negative affect on the valve body of your tranny. Here is info on the Bilstein machine http://www.redwoodgeneral.com/flush.htm
http://www.oilchangeguys.com/Bilstei...eetRevised.pdf
http://www.motorlife.com/pages/test_results_final.asp

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 02-02-06 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-02-06, 05:55 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill try to make this one
Tranny Flush and Injector cleaning.
Old 02-02-06, 07:31 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Bump Bump any one else?
Old 02-05-06, 09:33 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Bump Bump. The prices scaring you guys?
Old 02-05-06, 11:51 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

not scary at all... but if u add up all those prices. i think i can build another engine....

but i would love to get my tranny flush out tho... but i ll have to do it in march or so
Old 02-06-06, 05:37 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Ok guys. The date for this meet will be March, 11 2006 at 12 noon. Add your name to the list if your interested.

1. DASHOCKER
2. GSLEX
3. OOHPAPI
4. NYARISTO (Need the juice for da boost)
Old 02-07-06, 03:33 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

sounds good too me.
Old 02-10-06, 05:09 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Anyone else? I want to make sure he has the supply to meet the demand. You guys will be happy with the performance enhancement that Amsoil will give your baby, especially the transmission fluid.
Old 02-10-06, 06:49 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Anyone else? I want to make sure he has the supply to meet the demand. You guys will be happy with the performance enhancement that Amsoil will give your baby, especially the transmission fluid.
Hey Sean just so ya know when your done...if your all up to a drive.. Todd and I will be in the SI location doing the mac mini/amps/subwoofer install... bring cliff through so he can share the wealth of the stickers..LOL
Old 02-10-06, 07:12 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bring cliff through so he can share the wealth of the stickers..LOL

HAHA, I've already been sharing. Word spread very quickly that I had a few. Ummmm we're about to be speaking past tense of what stickers Cliff has (had)

Quick Reply: Amsoil Meet 2!