NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Rising_Sun's BBQ 3/26 Pics and After thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 06:05 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Sean, Maybe you should trade ur 400 for a 300....
lol. I love V8's. The sound just reminds me of my dream machine, the Shelby GT500 . The 1uz is a great motor. Some parts here and there can make this car on par with the last gen M5.
Old 03-28-06, 06:08 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
lol. I love V8's. The sound just reminds me of my dream machine, the Shelby GT500 . The 1uz is a great motor. Some parts here and there can make this car on par with the last gen M5.
M5?! You didn't just say the 1UZ has the same power as the M5! What are you smoking?! I definately needs some of that! We can make that kinda power with the 2JZ easier than the 1UZ
Old 03-28-06, 06:23 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL.... uz ....jz .... we all see ... i will definitely beeeeeeee...lalalalal..... faster than an m3 ..... it will spank a M5 once its alive...lalalalalaalal...

buuuuuuhhaahahahahahahahaha....
Old 03-28-06, 06:32 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
M5?! You didn't just say the 1UZ has the same power as the M5! What are you smoking?! I definately needs some of that! We can make that kinda power with the 2JZ easier than the 1UZ
What i meant is that the 1uz has the potential to be on par with the previous generation M5 with the right parts.
Old 03-28-06, 06:48 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

*rick james voice*................cocaine is hella of a drug
Old 03-28-06, 06:50 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

The 2jz can make a 1000 plus horses with a lots of boost, adjustable cam gears and tons of bits and pieces. All of which will bring forth overheating issues. Gonna be spending a lot of time under the hood checking lines for leaks and making adjustments lol. I loved that motor in the Supra for years since it was on par with the BMW inline 6's. It's just that I've just out grown 6 cylinders.
Old 03-28-06, 06:56 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

ummm..... its a factory turbo sean... if it was a custom system than i would agree with that it would need alot more tuning but its a stock turbo motor... plus its been around for years... proven to be dependable.

plus it doesn't matter how many cylinders its how much heat you lay down while your looking at the rear view mirror at the cat you left standing there with that puzzled look... that v6 can slap around alot of v8 out there without working up a sweat..

http://media.putfile.com/GS400-vs-Turbo-SC

Last edited by GSoup; 03-28-06 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-28-06, 07:22 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

uh-oh you an advovate of the six cylinder now carlos? sean we done losat another v8 member ill be in town net weeken is there anything going down from sunday to friday?
Old 03-28-06, 07:22 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSoup
ummm..... its a factory turbo sean... if it was a custom system than i would agree with that it would need alot more tuning but its a stock turbo motor... plus its been around for years... proven to be dependable.

plus it doesn't matter how many cylinders its how much heat you lay down while your looking at the rear view mirror at the cat you left standing there with that puzzled look... that v6 can slap around alot of v8 out there without working up a sweat..

http://media.putfile.com/GS400-vs-Turbo-SC
I said that motor has the potential of a thousand horses. Read brothers... Never said that 6's will lose to V8's every time. Look at the 87 Buick Grand National. That car is a supercharged 6 that beats some Vetes off the line. Brians car puts out more power than my N/a car no question, I'm not gonna rehash the previuos stuff, but with Todd's car if you watch the video, he did get a good jump and I believe Todd has a the 3.76 gearing. If you listen to the video, you can hear the shifts.. I did lose to both cars indeed, but I would like to have a fair race since I can admit that I did shut it down in the race against Todd too early when the car was pulling harder in its powerband. I am such a good sport to say I would do it again with my buddies.

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 03-28-06 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-28-06, 07:35 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that v6 can slap around alot of v8 out there without working up a sweat..
V6
Old 03-28-06, 07:39 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

LOL..... wassup PR..when you coming out to a meet huh?

easy sean..its not a personal attack.. the point was that its dependable because its a stock turbo motor that can definitely hang with alot of motors out there eventhough its a V6

and um sha i will always have love for the gs.. v6 or v8... its the shizzzznnnniiiiitttttt....

oh next weekend is SEMA in philly...

Last edited by GSoup; 03-28-06 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-28-06, 07:44 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whats up Carlito. I am guessing we v8's lost you. Now straight six uhh.
When is the next meet
You know how it is. Always working the Graveyard
I will be there on the 22 of April in Kings
Old 03-28-06, 07:50 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

easy sean..its not a personal attack.. the point was that its dependable because its a stock turbo motor that can definitely hang with alot of motors out there eventhough its a V6

and um sha i will always have love for the gs.. v6 or v8... its the shizzzznnnniiiiitttttt....

oh next weekend is SEMA in philly...
LOL, I know its not a personal attack traitor... lol Did the Sc guys have you tied up in the Brooklyn basement or what V8's ruleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 03-28-06, 07:51 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PR FIEBRU
whats up Carlito. I am guessing we v8's lost you. Now straight six uhh.
When is the next meet
You know how it is. Always working the Graveyard
I will be there on the 22 of April in Kings
Still a GS though thats all that matters dam i was always out of whack when i use to work graveyard shifts way back when.. i feel for ya.

there's gonna be alot of meets this year...big things happening at least with the local nyc clique at todds house..LOL we may head out to University of maryland meet on the 15th
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203502

i should be at the meet on the 22nd... rolling stock though..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205217
Old 03-28-06, 07:52 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

LOL, I know its not a personal attack traitor... lol Did the Sc guys have you tied up in the Brooklyn basement or what V8's ruleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
LMAO...actually the GS comes in V6 form in the motherland...JAPAN...

see thats what happens.... all was getting rides from todd and ming and they have been brainwashing me...

Last edited by GSoup; 03-28-06 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Rising_Sun's BBQ 3/26 Pics and After thoughts