NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Looking for Great Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-06, 03:03 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Looking for Great Mechanic

While under construction, am looking to find a good Lexus mechanic to work on my engine. Would like to get overhauled and checked out to make sure that all's well and up to date. Car has plenty of power and runs well, but have that common tick under the hood that all older LS's have....got to go. Live in Baltimore . My car runs now and heads were redone prior to me purchasing a little over a year and a half ago. Just don't trust the mechanic that worked on the car and did the heads before, but I wasn't paying for it. Also looking for a place to do interior work. Would love to find someone reasonably priced, and who wont try to rip me off. New to forum. NELOC members, please help.
Old 04-02-06, 05:17 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of interior work are you trying to do? As far as the engine....for some reason MD mechanics see Lexus and see green...is this your daily driver?
Old 04-02-06, 06:27 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
what kind of interior work are you trying to do? As far as the engine....for some reason MD mechanics see Lexus and see green...is this your daily driver?
You goty that right.. Lexus=$$$$$$. Anyway, a complete interior update,overhaul would definately make me happy; especially for a reasonable price. Short of complete interior, leather seats could really stand to be replaced, updated. My daily driver is a 2006 Freightliner Century Class tractor with a 53' trailer. I drive trucks for a living, so I only get to enjoy my big lady every other weekend. Sometimes she sits for 2-3 weeks at a time, unmoved, battery unhookeed. Leaving the car to have work done is not a problem
Old 04-03-06, 04:40 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an awsome mechanic....in Richmond... but as far a the interior you can by the seat leather replacements on the group buy..and have them installed in Towson. ( or any other installer) they usually charge about $350 to do it... you would have to check on the prices for the group buy...
Old 04-03-06, 01:56 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I have an awsome mechanic....in Richmond... but as far a the interior you can by the seat leather replacements on the group buy..and have them installed in Towson. ( or any other installer) they usually charge about $350 to do it... you would have to check on the prices for the group buy...
If the quality and price of his work is that good, then the drive will not be wasted, only 2 hours anyway and what's that to me when I drive 11 hours a day straight. PM me with details for him and I may have to check him out. Looking to get engine overhaul, sensors checked/replaced, and generally have her purring like a kitten again; whatever he might think is necessary.