NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club
View Poll Results: Chatroom for NELOC Members?
Yea
82.61%
Nay
17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

NELOC Chatroom...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 11:36 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Returning this thread back to the opinions of others.....

Last edited by oohpapi44; 04-04-06 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-04-06, 11:58 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
As much as it kills me to agree with Sean but he's partially right. : We started this to get a central location to put all the info we need. If we start taking it to other forums then it opens up avenues for misinformation. Plus everyone would have to be on at the same time and what's the point, we're a car club, not a chat club...

Keeping the info central to here is probably the best idea and if people want to meet or talk on IM just put your chat information into your profile. Half of the club is already on my buddy list already.

good points from both of yous
Old 04-04-06, 05:09 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would prefer to keep everything CL based. Just my opinion.
Old 04-04-06, 05:36 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have to agree with ren and stimpy.... it would take away from NELOC forum...IMHO

back to the masses...
Old 04-04-06, 07:31 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

this is GAY!
but y be part of a forum if theres a chat room........ hahahhaha carlos
did u just say ren & stimpy.... hahahah who's ren....??? which of them can be ren
Old 04-05-06, 05:43 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't appreciate dudes who don't know me from a can of paint to single me out, and make statements about what I type or how I type. They have no idea about my education level, occupation, financial status, etc., and make assumptions about me. This is a forum. We are here to share our car knowledge and share it with others. We all of us joke around at times, I ask that you keep your personal thoughts and comments to yourself. Much appreciated.
Old 04-05-06, 05:54 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I jumped and voted yes but after reading all the posts as i scrolled down to make my comment i realized i should have hit no, just for the fact that all conversations should stay on the forum to keep everyone informed and NELOC alive.

Soooo i edit my vote from YEA to NAY
Old 04-05-06, 07:07 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I don't appreciate dudes who don't know me from a can of paint to single me out, and make statements about what I type or how I type. They have no idea about my education level, occupation, financial status, etc., and make assumptions about me. This is a forum. We are here to share our car knowledge and share it with others. We all of us joke around at times, I ask that you keep your personal thoughts and comments to yourself. Much appreciated.
If you have issues with certain individuals you should take it to the PM's to resolve it , instead of continuing the convo here.
Old 04-05-06, 07:19 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSoup
If you have issues with certain individuals you should take it to the PM's to resolve it , instead of continuing the convo here.
I don't need to do that. It needs to be conveyed to all. I want to make my self clear on that.
Old 04-05-06, 07:30 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

I don't need to do that. It needs to be conveyed to all. I want to make my self clear on that.
like i said..take it to PM.
Old 04-05-06, 07:43 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSoup
like i said..take it to PM.
Pm's take it to a personal level, and I am not stooping to that. I have no beef with anyone on this forum. In my 2 plus years on this forum, I never took things on a personal level with anyone. If I were to stoop to that level and talked about how crappy some peoples cars are, how they type, how they look, their lack of this or that as examples, I would have been banned by now. Some of us don't know one another all that well and should not make personal comments period. I am a mature adult, and just ask that personal comments be kept to onself.
Old 04-05-06, 07:54 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

LMAO, before this turns into OPRAH or better yet Tyra, just let it go. Sean no one came at you personally, I said I disagree with about half your posts, if you took that personal then sniff, sniff, I apologize but the comment still stands. No one said anything about YOU personally, you did that when you think I can read or comprehend what you type

Perhaps some are slower than others and can't comprehend text.
But your posts on this forum have been debated over and over again in front of you and behind you about their accuracy with more than a few people so they are open for criticism. You have an opinion on every topic and have no qualms about posting them so if I happen to think you are speaking out of your azz, then sorry brotha. But you're the one who's aiming for 1.4 gazillion posts by July so you open yourself up to review of your opinions.

But you're right, this is a forum where people come to learn and I'm definitely one of them. Learn to take constructive criticism since we all deserve the right to enjoy it. I sit and joke with you at the meets and on here so you should try to stop being so thin skinned, I still luv ya like a play cousin (well maybe the little retarded kid that lives on the corner) It's not that serious.
Old 04-05-06, 08:11 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Pm's take it to a personal level, ...
Apparently YOU did take it to a personal level. If this wasn't the case you still wouldn't be talking about it. The point is your jacking this thread because of how you feel regarding a comment made to you. Now if you felt it was a personal attack (which it seems that way with your reply) than you need to address that person and clarify it like grown folks are suppose to do.

As you see cliff has addressed you and that should be the end of it... any further conversation should be taken to PM.
Old 04-05-06, 08:14 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Can we make this thread about the fact that it's FRIGGIN SNOWING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!!! WTF????
Old 04-05-06, 08:15 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Can we make this thread about the fact that it's FRIGGIN SNOWING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!!! WTF????

Quick Reply: NELOC Chatroom...