NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

HIN Chantilly ......pics start on page 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-06, 08:54 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys it was really great to meet and hang out with cherplex, smitty and mark (automan).

had a great time, and I JUST got home about 2 hrs ago, god that traffic was terrible!
Old 04-23-06, 09:31 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey it was great seeing fellow CL members, chirp, automan, and smitty, we had a great time.

Hey rice, its not that I couldn't get the corner out I just didn't have time to get it done before the show. I plan on finishing the light this week along with a few more mods.

Here are more pics of my car www.d2autosport.com/LS400
Old 04-24-06, 08:20 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It was defintely a fun time. The only thing that did suck about this weekend was the ticket I got from the Fairfax county police for my tint. but its all good. I wasent even aware I could get a ticket for my tint, my car is registered in MD but I got the ticket from a VA cop. but enough about that.

Stefwilli & Derrick it was nice to meet yall. Could you send me the info on the springs you have on the D2 ES300?

Automan congrats and good luck with your move. Let me know if theres anything I can do for ya.
Old 04-24-06, 07:44 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
It was defintely a fun time. The only thing that did suck about this weekend was the ticket I got from the Fairfax county police for my tint. but its all good. I wasent even aware I could get a ticket for my tint, my car is registered in MD but I got the ticket from a VA cop. but enough about that.

Stefwilli & Derrick it was nice to meet yall. Could you send me the info on the springs you have on the D2 ES300?

Automan congrats and good luck with your move. Let me know if theres anything I can do for ya.
Doesn't matter where your car is registered, illegal tint can be ticketed anywhere. Unfortunately VA cops and state troopers are real a-holes about even the slightest thing. Most states won' t bother you unless they pull you for something else initially, and then they compile on the tint situation. Va don't really have nothing to do but look for anything to get qa dollar. Got pulled several years ago in an expedition that I owned for not having a front tag (had fallen off after bracket was hit by road debris). Explained situation, showed him tag w/braqcket attatched, still got ticket. A nyhow.... just how dark is your tint???? I think I know, and will probably get hit for mine as well in Vqa.
Old 04-24-06, 08:20 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Doesn't matter where your car is registered, illegal tint can be ticketed anywhere. Unfortunately VA cops and state troopers are real a-holes about even the slightest thing. Most states won' t bother you unless they pull you for something else initially, and then they compile on the tint situation. Va don't really have nothing to do but look for anything to get qa dollar. Got pulled several years ago in an expedition that I owned for not having a front tag (had fallen off after bracket was hit by road debris). Explained situation, showed him tag w/braqcket attatched, still got ticket. A nyhow.... just how dark is your tint???? I think I know, and will probably get hit for mine as well in Vqa.
Well it is a little dark. Its not too bad is it?

Old 04-25-06, 05:52 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well it is a little dark. Its not too bad is it?

Smitty, the car is lookin hot with the drop. Those VA cops spend a lot of time helping old ladies cross the street and rescuing cats out trees. Those donut munchers have nothing else to do
Old 04-25-06, 06:57 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Well its 5% but when the cop put the meter on my window it said 3%. Thanks for the compliment on the drop. I just cant wait to get that kit on.

I told yall the ES is on the come up.
Old 04-25-06, 07:25 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well its 5% but when the cop put the meter on my window it said 3%. Thanks for the compliment on the drop. I just cant wait to get that kit on.

thats cause the factory glass has 2-3% tint on it... yu need someone from VA to hime in and see fi you can ummm finesse it.....

lookin good smittyyyyy.. ummm you behaved in VA right...did you see frank?...huhhhh
Attached Thumbnails HIN Chantilly ......pics start on page 3-old-school-6.jpg  
Old 04-25-06, 07:46 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

See that's why I don't like to party in Va. Just go to the office and get home to Maryland. That cop would have had a field day with me. 20% tint all around and no front tag. Oh, he would have met his qouta just on me alone. I don't think even professional courtesy would have saved me. BTW Smitty, do you live in Suitland, Maryland? I see a car like yours when I go to my other office parked on Suitland Rd. Almost the same wheels and color. Next time I drive by I am going to blow my horn. LOL. Wake up whomever lives there.
Old 04-25-06, 01:11 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

See that's why I don't like to party in Va. Just go to the office and get home to Maryland. That cop would have had a field day with me. 20% tint all around and no front tag. Oh, he would have met his qouta just on me alone. I don't think even professional courtesy would have saved me. BTW Smitty, do you live in Suitland, Maryland? I see a car like yours when I go to my other office parked on Suitland Rd. Almost the same wheels and color. Next time I drive by I am going to blow my horn. LOL. Wake up whomever lives there.
I live in Largo. Right off of Central Ave. 214.
Old 04-26-06, 11:24 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

5%!!!!!! Yo do you drive at night????? And if so, how the HEY YAAAAA!!!! do you see anything?? Don't get me wrong, the ES is definately hot, but man!!!!!! I thought I was bad with my tint being 20%, but yours is close to being limo blacked out. BE PREPARED!!!!! The Maryland State Troopers will be looking for you. When they do catch you and pull you over, just blow your horn at me for having been pulled over for tint also.
I know that you know this, but legal in MD is only 35%. Just have a spray bottle and a razor blade handy to scrape your tint. My little brother had that same tint on an 89 Town Car and they made him scrape it on the spot and plus wrote a tic for $80.
On another note nice work on the drop.
Attached Thumbnails HIN Chantilly ......pics start on page 3-102_0498.jpg  
Old 04-27-06, 06:36 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

who here has aa burgundy GS3 that was leaving HIN and had a blue GS4 (me) driving a long and i got sideways infront of them? i wish i checked the boards to kno that all of you guys were there...
Old 04-27-06, 07:27 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
5%!!!!!! Yo do you drive at night????? And if so, how the HEY YAAAAA!!!! do you see anything?? Don't get me wrong, the ES is definately hot, but man!!!!!! I thought I was bad with my tint being 20%, but yours is close to being limo blacked out. BE PREPARED!!!!! The Maryland State Troopers will be looking for you. When they do catch you and pull you over, just blow your horn at me for having been pulled over for tint also.
I know that you know this, but legal in MD is only 35%. Just have a spray bottle and a razor blade handy to scrape your tint. My little brother had that same tint on an 89 Town Car and they made him scrape it on the spot and plus wrote a tic for $80.
On another note nice work on the drop.
not a problem driving at night..i had 2% (i got metered) on the gs4 and it was cool ..i didn't have a problem. I use to stick my.... oooh at people all the time.

had 5% limo tint in my other ride for 5 years and only got 1 ticket in that whole time....

oh and they can't make you do anything thats crazy .... i would have just told them give me the ticket see ya later...
Old 04-27-06, 07:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Couple pics of the 7 that I finally got around to resizing

Old 04-27-06, 07:47 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Soup it's crazy but true, I had limo black on a camry several years ago and was pulled over for it and was given the option of scrape it now or have the car impounded; well how fast can I scrape. My baby brother has an 89 lincoln town car and has been pulled 4 times in 6 months for the same tint. He took the ticket and has had to retrieve his car twice from the impound yard for illegal tint. He going to court over the impound charges, ticketr was wrote up as obstructed view/illegal tint level on windows. Driver refusal to remove illegal obstruction , and failure to obey the direct orders of a police officer. Maryland state troopers get on a power kick sometimes and have nothing better to do. But by far Va (especially Fairfax County PD ) is the worse.

Quick Reply: HIN Chantilly ......pics start on page 3