NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Your reflection on NELOC..

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06, 09:17 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey tony i still plan to take you up on the offer, afterwards we can hit up norma jeans and drinks are on me.

dennis thanks alot man, i was actually feeling guilty because i said i was going to attend the last 2 but didnt make it. but yea you guys really did inspire me. as a side note i replaced my burnt out needles and you guys were right i do drive fast, i had no idea i was going that fast
Old 06-08-06, 09:34 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NELOC is new and i think as we move forward all these issues will get resolved. We are all a group so with that we all need to contribute to help NELOC reach its full potential, not saying everyone needs to plan meets or take charge but by just keeping the unity there. For the people who have some differences with each other I think they should just put them aside and move on and lets just have fun and make NELOC the next best thing haha

I dont know about everyone esle but the HIN meet was a blast for me, the caravan with Gsoup, Dennis and Tony (tone) Plus hitting up the "food court" was fun too hahah. The drive to the show was great too the whole caravan on the highway and pulling up to the parking garage was just really fun.Hopefully we can go to more shows and what not, maybe by Lexfest we will be better establisted anyway i love NELOC and all the guys are just chill people to be around and if any of you guys need help or anything im here to help anyone out

I feel the same way bout the meet notices, sometimes they are short notice and i think thats why alot of memebers dont show. I know there have been some meets I was not able to make cause of work and felt bad cause i said i would come and wasnt able too. Maybe we should nominate a member to be the offical meet planner/orgainizer (sp) and maybe other memebers and throw out ideas and what not, kinda like now but i guess more offical. Well its getting late and i got work soon...so basically lets just keep this NELOC movement alive people hahaha

PS- this is the longest post i think ive ever posted on CL ever haha
Old 06-08-06, 09:40 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

First of all thanks for everyone that is part of Neloc. After I met the NYC crew at Lexfest last year I definately wanted to start something up as far as a defined NE club outside of the NE Forum I actually asked the for the NE forum to be renamed neloc lol but that was shot down. D-MAN63 was actually the one that started this all up I just give it a little push .........I realize that we are still in infancy stage and it will take time to grow. Some of the meets we had were pretty good some could have been better. I had a good time at that Staten Island meet freezing my azz off lol. I know with the meets not everyone can make it because of obligations etc........I think for the future every NE event like HIN etc.....we should have a meet before that similar to the AC HIN meet......I also need to try and get some business cards with clublexus and neloc on there to give to the locals. I see a lot of GS's and SC's here that I can give a card to to try and expand our membership on this end...I've been working with GSoup and RIsing_Sun to get the shirts out and I apologize for the delay but they are coming. I hope to see most of you in July in Harrisburg or even August for the toyota meet. Anyway that's my .02...
Old 06-08-06, 09:45 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

maybe we do need a little more organisation with the meets. maybe if we had an official calendar where we can add events for everyone to see. off hand there is one called 30boxes http://30boxes.com you can create your own individual account and then add buddies that you can share all or part of your calendar with. the only downside with this is that you have to actually go to the website to check the calendar. let me know if you guys think this is useful or going overboard for what we need.
Old 06-08-06, 09:55 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you guys are doing a great job.... I feel there are plenty of posers on this site. It is easy to say you have a Lex and talk car talk. There are plenty of people on here who push there parents and other family member whips. Once we cipher out the posers we will get a serious head count. I think the membership numbers will decrease. JMPO In MD/VA/PA we have had at least 3 gatherings, maybe more.. I think everyone in this area should have hit at least one, but this not the case. My whip is ragedy but I try to make it there for a head count.....
Old 06-08-06, 10:27 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the SC versus GS bashing gets out of line at times.

Other than that its a pretty cool group
Old 06-09-06, 03:11 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I think you guys are doing a great job.... I feel there are plenty of posers on this site. It is easy to say you have a Lex and talk car talk. There are plenty of people on here who push there parents and other family member whips. Once we cipher out the posers we will get a serious head count. I think the membership numbers will decrease. JMPO In MD/VA/PA we have had at least 3 gatherings, maybe more.. I think everyone in this area should have hit at least one, but this not the case. My whip is ragedy but I try to make it there for a head count.....
I thought we are here because we have a love for the car not because of the fact we own one.
Old 06-09-06, 04:21 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well i am still fairly new but based on what i have seen so far i am a bit surprised by this as well. i didnt know what to expect going to these meets and bbqs. I was expecting everyone to be bragging about their car and making fun of my car with its dents and stuff. But instead you guys give tips, constructive criticism and even offer to help.

btw my car is scheduled to go in the body shop saturday morning
I dont think anyone would make fun of you. My ES isnt the tightest ride in NELOC but its a work in progress and its mine. And thats all that matters.

Its good to see there are people who love NELOC as much as I do. Its kind of making me emotional. Nah I'm just playin.

Smitty; I hope married life hasn't made you soft.
Married life hasent made me soft. I still do whateva I want to do whenever I want to do it. I just have 2 be in before the street lights come on. lol. j/k.
Old 06-09-06, 04:31 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

too many brokesters.

just one example: not going to mention any names, one neloc member owed me some money, not a big deal. Whenever I made an attempt to call him, straight to voicemail. I had to reach out to the parents to get paid.

Last edited by aliga; 06-09-06 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-09-06, 04:36 AM
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

I think one thing that may help improve attendance at the meets is to post meets both on NELOC and Northeast forums. I see members that still go on the North East forum that i probably dont see on NELOC. You see the same people on NELOC all the time but i dont think that other members on the Northeast Forums always check NELOC so posting meets in that forum may also make a difference in attracting members.
Old 06-09-06, 05:11 AM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say that I have enjoyed NELOC through and through. To me it really is a brotherhood, I've had a great time at the meets and all of the communication in between. CL and NELOC have become a big part of my daily routine also. NELOC is like a home away from home for me, just a place where I can hang out, enjoy good conversation, learn, and talk to people who have similar interests. As a young business owner in a very traditional area, I'm alone out here. It's either old guys in their Benz's or young kids in their Honda's. It's nice to have a place to go and just be yourself. Let's call it "stress relief", it's a world where nothing else matters, we are all here for the same reasons. As far as attendance at the meets, man I wish I was closer to NY. You guys know I make every possible attempt to be there. The local NY meets sound great because you guys have such a concentration of members there. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways, so there is bound to be turmoil from time to time, let's just try not to bring it to the forums or the meets. I consider all of you family, like I said a brotherhood, and as a brotherhood we should look out fo one another, help each other, and make this a good place for everyone.
Old 06-09-06, 05:24 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrshabo
I thought we are here because we have a love for the car not because of the fact we own one.
and that is a beautiful thing, but how can you have a meet if you have more lovers than owners? Hence the title NELOC(North East Lexus Owners Club) I was a huge fan before I brought my car. I read through the forum maybe a year before I brought my car. Is it fair to be a part of the number when you don't have a Lex and don't show up. We have two dedicated members that show up and the don't even drive a Lex...(shouts out to BippuBenji..my man with the sweet red supra whom I hope to get meet and get a ride in from NYC forgot screen name...) but from another perspective. We do drive cars that are in average 10 years old. Some don't want to risk their rides for some of these long hauls... I will make PA meet and I may chill until Lexfest...simply because my car is 13 maybe 14 years old. This I understand. It is just a smack in the face when you see a member with a huge list of mods...and you never see the car or it is not running.

Last edited by bigmalik00; 06-09-06 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-09-06, 06:02 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been on Club Lexus for 2 plus years. I joined this club because I have a passion for cars. I went to my first meet in late 2004 to finally put faces to the screen names. Have to say those that I met for the first time turned out to be great individuals in person. ClubLexus is a resource for you to form friendships with other lexus owners/members.Club Lexus is a place on the Internet where those interested in Lexus vehicles can meet, think about customizing, get ideas, comments and experiences of Lexus owners and future Lexus owners. I am sure the goal is to keep the club going for many years to come. This Club is built around a community of people with the same interest. Nowhere else will you find so much information and as many enthusiasts as Club Lexus. Their are many personalities on this forum. There is politics and personalities on all forums. As a result, there will be online clashes. That is why we have moderatators on this forum to make the proper judgement call. I believe the crux of the dessention amoung members on Neloc is classic case of envy. Those folks that complained to you Dennis need to have personal talk offline with the individual or individuals they have a gripe with, and resolve their differences. Their are folks that want to participate in the Neloc activities, but are deterred by the online thuggary and immaturity that are demonstrated on some of the threads. The North East forum was never this way. Neloc relatively new, and we need to set a good example for those that want to participate in the festivities. We must lead by example guys.

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 06-09-06 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-09-06, 06:17 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I have been on Club Lexus for 2 plus years. I joined this club because I have a passion for cars. I went to my first meet in late 2004 to finally put faces to the screen names. Have to say those that I met for the first time turned out to be great individuals in person. ClubLexus is a resource for you to form friendships with other lexus owners/members.Club Lexus is a place on the Internet where those interested in Lexus vehicles can meet, think about customizing, get ideas, comments and experiences of Lexus owners and future Lexus owners. I am sure the goal is to keep the club going for many years to come. This Club is built around a community of people with the same interest. Nowhere else will you find so much information and as many enthusiasts as Club Lexus. Their are many personalities on this forum. There is politics and personalities on all forums. As a result, there will be online clashes. That is why we have moderatators on this forum to make the proper judgement call. I believe the crux of the dessention amoung members on Neloc is classic case of envy. Those folks that complained to you Dennis need to have personal talk offline with the individual or individuals they have a gripe with, and resolve their differences. Their are folks that want to participate in the Neloc activities, but are deterred by the online thuggary and immaturity that are demonstrated on some of the threads. The North East forum was never this way. Neloc relatively new, and we need to set a good example for those that want to participate in the festivities. We must lead by example guys.
That was well put. I believe in time everything will fall into place.
Old 06-09-06, 07:30 AM
93LSKD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trukn1
It's like I said, "HI!!! MY CALL NAME IS TRUKN1, AND I AM ADDICTED TO NELOC!!!!!" LOL!!!
My comments were from the heart, and believe me it takes something special to get there. I truly do make this the first thing I check in the morning and the last thing I see at night. Quickly, I have found a new family and a new home. If NELOC falls apart, I still have made alot of new friends that I will continue to hold on to for a long time(Provided that I am home) LOL!!!!
new to CL and have been actively peeking into NELOC to see the haps - don't stop NOW!

Trying to get plugged into the local events to put faces to the names and see some of your whips up close and personal

NELOC is only as good or not so good as WE make it -

Quick Reply: Your reflection on NELOC..