NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Your reflection on NELOC..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 09:28 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no thats finish...the next order of business....who is bringing the ribs?
Old 06-13-06, 09:32 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sha4000
that kind of makes me sad b/c i loved to post in the NE forum but now i hardly look in the NELOC forum. all you have to do is read the threads in the forum and you will immediately know whos got problems and whos taking sides. i mean if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all and if you have an issue wih another member you need to work it out with them and stop stressing the mods to solve YOUR problem.
Damn, I must really be out of the loop here in NELOC. Where are all these "beef" threads? Maybe they get deleted before I can read them.

Sometimes I think some things get taken out of context to the outside observers. Some of the NELOC guys know each other real well, so there's lots of inside jokes among them. Don't read too much into that stuff. I guess in the end, it could seem kind of clique-ish, but trust me, we're not.

Sha, give us another chance, man. Come on out to some meets. I assure you in person, we have a good time. All this forum sh@#! is nonexistent in person...at least not at the NELOC events.
Old 06-13-06, 09:34 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
no thats finish...the next order of business....who is bringing the ribs?
LOL, we can just hit up the grocery store in Harrisburg.

It's all getting worked out, we're we'll be that day. We'll probably be at a couple of different locations. Stay tuned.
Old 06-13-06, 09:34 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Damn, I must really be out of the loop here in NELOC. Where are all these "beef" threads? Maybe they get deleted before I can read them.

Sometimes I think some things get taken out of context to the outside observers. Some of the NELOC guys know each other real well, so there's lots of inside jokes among them. Don't read too much into that stuff. I guess in the end, it could seem kind of clique-ish, but trust me, we're not.

Sha, give us another chance, man. Come on out to some meets. I assure you in person, we have a good time. All this forum sh@#! is nonexistent in person...at least not at the NELOC events.
Ohhh those threads are here. Just click back some pages my friend. Sha good points. Come back to NYC kid.
Old 06-13-06, 09:40 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kevin, I agree completely, the mods have been doing a great job and I can't wait to meet some more NYC and non NYC guys, I've only been a member of CL for less than a year but have met countless members. Had a great time at LexFest last year even though I didn't know much of what I was looking at then, lol. Even stopped through the SELOC meet this past Friday night down in NC so it's really on each person to get out of this what they want.

Malik, I'll take some water, just some of that dirty brown water please. And take that mean bulldog any day over two men playing dress up

for the ladies

ummm two men in robes and helmets

lol
Old 06-13-06, 09:43 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

that was good...BUT that is a Spartan and a Spartanette....I will join you with a drink if my dog SaddleGS shows up..just one drink....
Old 06-13-06, 10:23 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Plex, though I am limited with my work obligations and am on the road most of the time, want you to know and I have said this before, that I am willing to help/contribute in any way I can. I have only been to the AC meet as well as the Mini meet we had in Md this past weekend and there has been nothing but love for this group. Saddens me that this thread had to be started and some of the members here could find nothing better to do than complain to the moderators about personal problems that they are having with another member and not handling it themselves. There is such a thing as public humiliation, but this is not the place to do so. If there is a problem with someone, speak up to that someone and handle it like the men we are suppose to be. These negative feelings and post only succeed to bring the rest of us down.
Old 06-13-06, 11:27 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
.Some of the NELOC guys know each other real well,
I believe you hit on a potential problem. Actually, some of the NELOC guys don't know each other all that well, and make assumptions about people. You really don't know someone based on internet posts, nor do you truly know someone just by attending bbq meets and passing one another like a breeze in the night. We do not live parallel lives. We have varying lifestyles, careers, education, financial status, culture, etc. Their are folks that profess "I am cool with blh blah blah., Do you guys truly know who your friends are? Your true friends have your back through thick or thin. Even when true friends no longer speak to one another, and something catastrophic occurs, rue friends would put aside their differences and step up to the plate to help that friend out. That is a true friend. On this forum as Sha mentioned, their are folks that take sides. No need to validate who your cool with, it speaks for itself. When the crap hits the fan, does that person have your back as well? This dissention crap is disapponting and childish. Since the MODS were mentioned on a post in this thread by someone, the MODS need to put friendships aside with other members and moderate NELOC without bias. With thats said, we are all grown men and woman( CAT). We need to conduct ourselves as such PLEASE!
Old 06-13-06, 11:41 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I believe you hit on a potential problem. Actually, some of the NELOC guys don't know each other all that well, and make assumptions about people. You really don't know someone based on internet posts, nor do you truly know someone just by attending bbq meets and passing one another like a breeze in the night. We do not live parallel lives. We have varying lifestyles, careers, education, financial status, culture, etc. Their are folks that profess "I am cool with blh blah blah., Do you guys truly know who your friends are? Your true friends have your back through thick or thin. Even when true friends no longer speak to one another, and something catastrophic occurs, rue friends would put aside their differences and step up to the plate to help that friend out. That is a true friend. On this forum as Sha mentioned, their are folks that take sides. No need to validate who your cool with, it speaks for itself. When the crap hits the fan, does that person have your back as well? This dissention crap is disapponting and childish. Since the MODS were mentioned on a post in this thread by someone, the MODS need to put friendships aside with other members and moderate NELOC without bias. With thats said, we are all grown men and woman( CAT). We need to conduct ourselves as such PLEASE!
Good point.

Damn, I seriously must be skimmin' alot of posts because I can't recall all this posturing and people takin' sides. But since so many of you have seen it here in NELOC, I will assume it exists.

I will pronounce this about me: I never need to say "who I'm cool with" in this forum, because I am cool with everyone. But if you have a problem with me, PM me please. It's that simple.

Having said that, strong friendships will develop for obvious reasons and already have developed. Since some know others better than others, it would be natural for friends to ban together. It's just natural. I mean, really, if you are having WEEKLY meets, you gotta become pretty good friends. And so you begin to really know each other well.

Look: we're soon going to become a family, our bonds strengthened by more than just Lexus ownership. It's already happened. When you become a tight-knit group, sh@#!s gonna flare up. It's the reality within any group or organization or family. It happens. Expect it. But in the end, it's not about the conflict, it's how you handled it. If we act like grown folks, we'll weather it all. If we act like bickering school girls, it will crumble.

It's our choice, individually and collectively.
Old 06-13-06, 02:24 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

im def. staying with you guys and i def. want to meet some of the cats that i havent already met. ive already met most of the ppl that stop by TODDS house last year even if they dont remember me. ill be back up the way this summer so ill make a couple of meets.all thev MODS are cool in my book and i think they do the best job they can. i def. want to see what CARLOS has done to the whip
Old 06-13-06, 03:54 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Damn Kevin, maybe you Maryland guys aren't so bad after all..... I mean at least one of you did go to NSU (Norfolk State Univ) but I won't hold that against the whole group

See that was a joke, someone may have smiled at it, maybe some one didn't, but no one died.... Lighten up!!! LOL

AGGIE PRIDE!!!!!

i smiled hahah, i love you guys hahah you guys are all my friends...I think as meets go by people with become closer and things will get setteled out..its not like we see each other daily and know each others personalites...lets just have fun with this and enjoy our hobby...everything bascially has been said that there is to say
Old 06-13-06, 03:58 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by tuddy
i smiled hahah, i love you guys hahah you guys are all my friends...I think as meets go by people with become closer and things will get setteled out..its not like we see each other daily and know each others personalites...lets just have fun with this and enjoy our hobby...everything bascially has been said that there is to say
I'll second that!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!
Old 06-13-06, 09:11 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

on a more serious note....what's up with my ribs... and who got $2 on my 40oz?
Old 06-14-06, 07:17 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
on a more serious note....what's up with my ribs... and who got $2 on my 40oz?
Malik, I didnt think that water came in 40 oz's LOL!!!! But because you my boy,,,, I got $2.50 for ya. you know the "spontaneous spitter" gonna hook you up.
Old 06-14-06, 07:46 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

40 oz... why am i getting flashbacks of the old ST.Ides commercials with ice cube..

Quick Reply: Your reflection on NELOC..