NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Your reflection on NELOC..

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 05:46 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we need to party it up neloc style b4 i leave for florida!
Old 07-20-07, 12:41 PM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by One HoT
Great suggestions Stan, we'll have to take your advice on locations more often. I suggested a dyno meet several times, but it seems that people want to dyno tune their cars individually..

I do understand your situation, medical school is diffcult. Hopefully, after your residency, you still be rolling with us in your SC.

Doug;

Man, do we miss you. Glad you still checking in once and awhile. But why did you have to move!!!...Now Florida has all the turbo SC's and the best CL meet coordinator...I think it's time for me to think about moving down there, we can have meets all year round...

Trust me when I say this, you moving to Florida did play a huge role in attendance....We used to have 200+ car meets in NJ and FBF, it was a blast to show up to raffles, drives, BBQ etc etc.....My all time favorite legandary meet was Bear Mtn, the drive was awesome..I can't remember having a better time at a meet...There were many OG members on the forum that attended, Mr Sypher, FutureGS, yourself, VSsC400, Angel, Stevie J....etc...all of which are not active here anymore, I guess they left with you..

Anyways, I hope everything is good in Florida, NE sector lost a valueable member..

Vlad, your complaint has been noted. Since only several exclusive members show up to meets, we usually don't have advanced postings for group activities. But, we'll try to keep you informed of any future meets we will have. Thanks.

Smitty; I hope married life hasn't made you soft.
I"ll see you at the soon my man!!

Batmobile: Hopefully, I'll see you soon too..It's nice that you mentioned how you weren't all too into CL before NELOC, props to the people that made it happen (Cherp)...Hopefully this will encourage more members to come out and be more active as summertime is among us!

Other members, speak up or forever hold your peace..

I didnt read the full thread but i have to agree with Doug and OneHot, those meets we used to have a couple of years ago was completely different....I believe i only came out to 2 meets withing the past year, and i felt somewhat of a different vibe....As i recall we used to do 2 meets a season.....and even in the pouring rain we used to have a wonderful crowd.... if u ask me having a weekly meet gets boring after a time.....

Ravie
Old 07-20-07, 12:55 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DuttyLeXus
I didnt read the full thread but i have to agree with Doug and OneHot, those meets we used to have a couple of years ago was completely different....I believe i only came out to 2 meets withing the past year, and i felt somewhat of a different vibe....As i recall we used to do 2 meets a season.....and even in the pouring rain we used to have a wonderful crowd.... if u ask me having a weekly meet gets boring after a time.....

Ravie
I can only speak for MD but I'd have to disagree. We all seem to have fun at each of our meets and can't wait for the next one. It seems to have only gotten better it time we come out. Granted I've only been here for about 9 - 9 1/2 months, but I've seen nothing but progression from pretty much everyone here. I guess it's a matter of prospective.
Old 07-20-07, 07:17 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DuttyLeXus

Ravie

i'm not sure about having different vibes... but i do agree in a weekly meet could get rather repititious BUT like i also agree with APEX where "it's a matter of perspective..."

alot of guys/gals go down to the races every weekend here in philly... running around racing and getting chased by cops... think they get a rush out of it... which most members on here probably want to do...weekly or monthly whatever because who's better to hang with if your a car enthusiast than other car enthusiast?

but hanging EVERY week... me personally it's not my thing either.

but i think that's why NY had a weekly weds meet for those who just want to come out ALL the time and had a monthly meet for all those who wants a bigger turnout.... variety my friend to fit everyone's needs...

if you want something different go to a regional meet... than you can meet me

party like a rockstarr

T-T-TOTALLY DUUUDE!
Old 07-20-07, 08:57 PM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Batmobile
i'm not sure about having different vibes... but i do agree in a weekly meet could get rather repititious BUT like i also agree with APEX where "it's a matter of perspective..."

alot of guys/gals go down to the races every weekend here in philly... running around racing and getting chased by cops... think they get a rush out of it... which most members on here probably want to do...weekly or monthly whatever because who's better to hang with if your a car enthusiast than other car enthusiast?

but hanging EVERY week... me personally it's not my thing either.

but i think that's why NY had a weekly weds meet for those who just want to come out ALL the time and had a monthly meet for all those who wants a bigger turnout.... variety my friend to fit everyone's needs...

if you want something different go to a regional meet... than you can meet me

party like a rockstarr

T-T-TOTALLY DUUUDE!
I was comparing the meets we used to have 2 or more years ago to the ones within the past year i attended. Any1 that attended our FBF meets could clearly tell you its just not the same....

Ravie
Old 07-20-07, 11:24 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Here's why I like having a weekly meet, or a bi-weekly meet...or at LEAST a monthly meet:

Everyone can't make all meets, even locally. So, if you pick a spot where there's already a car event happening, then you can just say that this will be the current weekly meet spot for people to come and hang out. Doesn't really matter if 3 show up, or 10...just a place for the newer members can meet some NELOCers and put a few faces to names. And locally, this will be a rotating group of people who'd go, maybe even if it's just once a month, to catch up and chill. I wouldn't expect anyone to go to every single meet, but if they did, that'd be cool too.

And these aren't formal meets, where there's a set agenda. This is just a hang-out spot, on a continual basis.

It seems like when someone says "meet", everyone thinks that they HAVE to go, or else they feel like NELOC is going to put them down. Of course not, no one can make all meets, and some can't make any. If you don't feel like going, don't go. But if you're bored, or feel like being around some car people, then you could stop through, show some NELOC love, and roll. A weekly meeting spot (or bi-weekly, or monthly), it's just a place to gather, especially for newer folks.

As a newbie NELOCer, it's a waste to make them wait for a full regional meet to meet some of their local folks. So, let's just establish a consistent local meeting spot for a while, and whoever wants to go can go.

No pressure...hec, you NEVER have to go. It's everyone's personal decision, each week...

But it would be silly not to have one just because a few people say they wouldn't go. Fine, then wait for the regional and go to that. We won't hate on you for not attending local meets...

I know Ryan and Leroy are pulling their hair out as they read this because this was supposed to be discussed at the Roundtable (LOL), but I just wanted to state publicly why I think a regular local meet is a good idea. So don't kill me please.
Old 07-21-07, 07:51 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Here's why I like having a weekly meet, or a bi-weekly meet...or at LEAST a monthly meet:

Everyone can't make all meets, even locally. So, if you pick a spot where there's already a car event happening, then you can just say that this will be the current weekly meet spot for people to come and hang out. Doesn't really matter if 3 show up, or 10...just a place for the newer members can meet some NELOCers and put a few faces to names. And locally, this will be a rotating group of people who'd go, maybe even if it's just once a month, to catch up and chill. I wouldn't expect anyone to go to every single meet, but if they did, that'd be cool too.

And these aren't formal meets, where there's a set agenda. This is just a hang-out spot, on a continual basis.

It seems like when someone says "meet", everyone thinks that they HAVE to go, or else they feel like NELOC is going to put them down. Of course not, no one can make all meets, and some can't make any. If you don't feel like going, don't go. But if you're bored, or feel like being around some car people, then you could stop through, show some NELOC love, and roll. A weekly meeting spot (or bi-weekly, or monthly), it's just a place to gather, especially for newer folks.

As a newbie NELOCer, it's a waste to make them wait for a full regional meet to meet some of their local folks. So, let's just establish a consistent local meeting spot for a while, and whoever wants to go can go.

No pressure...hec, you NEVER have to go. It's everyone's personal decision, each week...

But it would be silly not to have one just because a few people say they wouldn't go. Fine, then wait for the regional and go to that. We won't hate on you for not attending local meets...

I know Ryan and Leroy are pulling their hair out as they read this because this was supposed to be discussed at the Roundtable (LOL), but I just wanted to state publicly why I think a regular local meet is a good idea. So don't kill me please.

Old 07-21-07, 07:58 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apex84
LMAO! I just couldn't help myself. I had to reply to the naysayers now (Batmobile! )

Forgive me please.
Old 07-21-07, 08:07 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apex84
LMAO! I just couldn't help myself. I had to reply to the naysayers now (Batmobile! )

Forgive me please.

I am now bald Kevin, just kidding. I understand what you are saying and if that is what you think then more power to ya. I am always up for doing something big or small. I am not trying to change your view on the subject. At the same time I am trying to educate you on what other view points may be. And you are forgiven Kevin. But still.
Old 07-21-07, 08:41 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BernieIS
I am now bald Kevin, just kidding. I understand what you are saying and if that is what you think then more power to ya. I am always up for doing something big or small. I am not trying to change your view on the subject. At the same time I am trying to educate you on what other view points may be. And you are forgiven Kevin. But still.
And I encourage other perspectives...from ALL NELOCers (newer and older), actually I wish more people would offer their input than just a few.

And certainly, if 20-30 people post and say "regular local meets" are silly and I'm the lone proponent, then I'd understand not adopting the idea from the outset.

Otherwise, we should just try it and see if it works for some NELOCers. If not, then it will just fizzle out.

Is there any harm in trying? Is our reputation at stake? I think not, NELOC will still be NELOC, whether it works or not.
Old 07-21-07, 10:20 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

And I encourage other perspectives...from ALL NELOCers (newer and older), actually I wish more people would offer their input than just a few.

And certainly, if 20-30 people post and say "regular local meets" are silly and I'm the lone proponent, then I'd understand not adopting the idea from the outset.

Otherwise, we should just try it and see if it works for some NELOCers. If not, then it will just fizzle out.

Is there any harm in trying? Is our reputation at stake? I think not, NELOC will still be NELOC, whether it works or not.

Kev, I said before I am up for anything at anytime. You are preaching to the wrong audience. Just as long as it does not interfere with my work or what other little obligations I have I am in.
Old 07-21-07, 10:48 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Kevin, you officially win the most confused, contradictory, dislexic award. LOL!!! I am already bald. After reading this, I went out, bought a wig, put it on and pulled each hair strand by strand reading this. So I am now BALD again. LOL!!!! NO ONE is saying make anybody wait until the regional to meet people. How many times do we have to keep reitterating this to you? The local meets are trying to be established so that we can put face to name to car and such. It doesnt reallymatter if EVERYONE can attend them, this just gives them an option to pursue if they choose to do so. In a utopian gathering, EVERYONE would attend EVERY meet but with the varying schedules of different individuals, different attitudes of people, etc. it is impossible. And this is a point that we recognize. Locally if it is called and you can attend, fine; come, run what ya brung!! If you cant come, still fine; see ya next time.
Old 07-21-07, 11:06 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trukn1
Kevin, you officially win the most confused, contradictory, dislexic award. LOL!!! I am already bald. After reading this, I went out, bought a wig, put it on and pulled each hair strand by strand reading this. So I am now BALD again. LOL!!!! NO ONE is saying make anybody wait until the regional to meet people. How many times do we have to keep reitterating this to you? The local meets are trying to be established so that we can put face to name to car and such. It doesnt reallymatter if EVERYONE can attend them, this just gives them an option to pursue if they choose to do so. In a utopian gathering, EVERYONE would attend EVERY meet but with the varying schedules of different individuals, different attitudes of people, etc. it is impossible. And this is a point that we recognize. Locally if it is called and you can attend, fine; come, run what ya brung!! If you cant come, still fine; see ya next time.

Again, Tony, you hit the nail on the head. Hopefully that statement got into Kevin's head.
Old 07-21-07, 03:30 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trukn1
Kevin, you officially win the most confused, contradictory, dislexic award. LOL!!!
Contradictory? Dislexic??? What you talkn' 'bout, Willis!?

How many times do we have to keep reitterating this to you? The local meets are trying to be established so that we can put face to name to car and such. It doesnt really matter if EVERYONE can attend them, this just gives them an option to pursue if they choose to do so. In a utopian gathering, EVERYONE would attend EVERY meet but with the varying schedules of different individuals, different attitudes of people, etc. it is impossible. And this is a point that we recognize. Locally if it is called and you can attend, fine; come, run what ya brung!! If you cant come, still fine; see ya next time.
Trukn, all you just did in the above is reiterated what I said....had that been said before? Was I just repeating someone else too? If so, who?

I was just stating my case for why I think local meets are a good idea. Damnit!...just let me state my case! And if someone disagrees, then STATE YOUR CASE. This is an open forum, so if you have an opinion, speak up.

I know this is what the upcoming roundtable meet is for, but everyone's not going to be at the roundtable...so if they can't make it, they should use this forum to state their opinion.

Good lawd, stop trying to control the flow of thoughts on the forum!!!!!! That's what it's here for.

(you know I'm just giving you guys a hard time, Ryan, Apex and Bernie...I've simply decided to become the outkast of the group, and I play the outkast roll well, don't you agree? )

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-21-07 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-21-07, 05:44 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Contradictory? Dislexic??? What you talkn' 'bout, Willis!?

Trukn, all you just did in the above is reiterated what I said....had that been said before? Was I just repeating someone else too? If so, who?

I was just stating my case for why I think local meets are a good idea. Damnit!...just let me state my case! And if someone disagrees, then STATE YOUR CASE. This is an open forum, so if you have an opinion, speak up.

I know this is what the upcoming roundtable meet is for, but everyone's not going to be at the roundtable...so if they can't make it, they should use this forum to state their opinion.

Good lawd, stop trying to control the flow of thoughts on the forum!!!!!! That's what it's here for.

(you know I'm just giving you guys a hard time, Ryan, Apex and Bernie...I've simply decided to become the outkast of the group, and I play the outkast roll well, don't you agree? )

I understand that what you are saying Kevin, sometimes I just LOVE a good debate or heated discussion. It is the politican science student inside me.