Your reflection on NELOC..

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06, 02:33 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Your reflection on NELOC..

Hey guys;

Since the start of NELOC, we have successfully increased forum activity at the NE sector of the CL forums and this is already a great accomplishment within itself. We have numerous meets every week and occasional BIGGER meet every couple months that involve members from other states also. Those of you whom were involved in NELOC activities, it's been great meeting you all. I have many fond memories of my CL days to tell my grand-children and hopefully I'll have plenty more. We have also reached the 100+ member milestone and still growing...All of which are reasons why NELOC has the potential for greatness...

All of the things I've mentioned have been good things for NELOC, however, I'm starting to feel that NELOC is falling apart. Interest has relatively stayed the same, however, attendance managed to fall drastically. I've been here for 4 years and we have had quality meets every season before the NELOC era. During the preNELOC era, the majority of the members have been very friendly and resourceful to each other, thus attendance were at all time high. Since NELOC started, we increased the quantity of meets during a season but we recorded low attendance ratings. I feel that this is due to the lack of unity at times here and we are all to blame. Recently, I been getting messages/compliants about other members from other members and this kind of bashing is just not necessary. Can't we all just be men and get along? I hoped that we grow and expand our knowledge but, instead we are naive and selfish....
If this continues, there will probably be no NELOC.

I might of taken this issue a little on the serious side of things, but this has been my so called second home for several years. I don't want certain individuals or potential problems ruin all the fun..

Comment as you wish, afterall this is an open forum.

Last edited by One HoT; 06-08-06 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-08-06, 03:06 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey D,

You know my life is really busy so I rarely make it to anything. However, I was really looking forward to the strip club meet.

But to be serious, I think NELOC would be more successful if we had a shop to center on. I used to be semi-active in Maryland and I noticed alot of the successful meets were shop based. I'm not sure why they were successful. Maybe it was the dyno runs or the fancy project cars they had, but the shop meets were alot more fun than the random parking lot meets.

Other events I'd love to attend might be a cruises and even test and tunes and whatever 1/4 mile track.

But you know my schedule is inflexible, so I'll most likely never make it to anything.
Old 06-08-06, 03:25 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Dennis,

Don't quote me on this, but I think the fallout in interest and attendance may have happened when I moved last summer (from CT). Not to say that I was the main influence behind all the meets, but I think it's safe to say I was the go-to guy when it comes to coordinating meets (prior to the birth of NELOC). I knew (and still know) the meet frequenters from the tri-state region, as well as some parts outside the area like MA, MD and PA.

To those who don't really know about me as far as NE meets go, just search for "lexusk8 meets" in this forum or the Northeast sub-forum, and you'll see a handful of meets I put together in the past like the FBF in Brooklyn, Bear Mountain in upstate NY, Alley Pond Park in Queens, Ross Dock park along the Hudson River, etc. Man, I still look back at the pics taken from those meets, and it brings back a lot of fun memories and moments. Miss ya guys!
Old 06-08-06, 03:30 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^ although I am a relatively new member I want to attend the meets but I have the same situation. As I think most of the people have. I work and in order for me to get off of work I have to let my boss know in advance. Whenever I see a meet it just comes all of the sudden. The fact that there is no schedule or announcement of when the meets might possibly be. Instead it is a message saying to come the same day or the next. I wish I could but I think that a lil more organization on the part of the people making the meet is in order. Some warning or acknowledgment would be nice. I am attending the June 17th meet because there was warning to when that meet would be.

Vlad
Old 06-08-06, 04:51 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First off I think the NELOC crew are a great group of guys. From the NY guys: Tony, GSoup, you (OneHoT), algia, ect.) The NJ guys batmobile, Greed,ect. To to local guys, Malik, Plex, PJ, Trukn1. Yall like cousins to me and I just enjoy having fun with everybody. Most of the time I really dont kick it with that many people so I was kind of surprised when u said there was other members bashin each other. I thought we was all cool and out of all the rooms on this site I visit the NELOC section the most. I do agree there needs to be more people at the meet. And yall know how I do I'm a rider so I'm down for rollin wheneva and I was upset I missed the last meet but trust I wont be missin another one anytime soon. I'll do anything to help anyone out if there's problems and that goes for anybody in NELOC (Even you Soup ) A few of yall know how I get down and all you gotta say is a word and I'm there.
Old 06-08-06, 07:19 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty0881
The NJ guys batmobile, Greed,ect.
PA buddy, according to the Frappr map there's only like 5 of us and if you take two away that's really gonna hurt our shine.

i've been on this forum ever since 2003 as jlam1017, having a 94 es300 (yes smitty, i was with you) although, i wasn't really too into CL back then. I started getting into it recently and i would have to say that ever since NELOC appeared, that was when I really started becoming a fan of this site. There are very nice people on this site and it's always refreshing to know that there are still nice people out there. *High Fives* to the ones who thought of NELOC.

As for everyone getting out to the meets i would have to agree with spyder78. There are some times that it is too short of a notice for me to get out but i'm sure we'll work on that collectively. But for the most part i think we'll be fine. I would like to see more people though. The shop thing is a good idea or at least an official meeting place where everyone can go.

I've never had a problem with anyone and it is surprising to hear there are problems amongst us. I'm with smitty on that one. I, too, think people who have differences should set them aside because this club is mainly to have fun other than help from one another.

Old 06-08-06, 07:52 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man, i just joined neloc... don't die on me now!

i only had the time to make it to one meet... cuz all the weekend ones i usually can't make it to.i do look forward to more

and i still want my CL or Neloc decal haha

(plus... Brooklyn and Queens is convenient for me)
Old 06-08-06, 07:58 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PA buddy, according to the Frappr map there's only like 5 of us and if you take two away that's really gonna hurt our shine.
My bad Batmoblie. And I cant believe you left the ES's. Its all good though I'll get another lexus one day but I wont be getting rid of the ES though.

But back to the subject at hand. Whoever is beefin and I think its best if they're not put on da spot yall just need to let that go. We all should be helpin and supporting each other. As Lexus owners we have a higher standard than everybody else and we should preserve that.
Old 06-08-06, 08:11 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, I just recentl;y joined this past March, and from what I have seen and read, yeah some of us get on one another, but I never got the impression that the cracks and jokes were straight up serious. The people that I have met and/or talked to on this forum have been nothing but good people to me. I mean we laugh, we joke, we have a lot of fun and every thing is all good. I finally got to my first meet at AC and had an absolute blast. Jimmy, you went out of your way to extend welcome to the new guy, that you've never even met, Greed- good vibe and great conversation (working on the precision driving though LOL!!!) Plex, HB55047, MY MAIN MAN SMITTY, Ben, PJ, KEVINGS, Soup and all the others that are not mentioned here; you all have become like family to me. I find it funny how I absolutely MUST check this forum every day before I drive 6-700 miles per day and then several times throughout the day, and definatly make it the absolute last thing I see at night. As far as attendance, I can't speak on this since I have only been to one meet, however from what I understand the fashionably lateness needs to be cut dramatically and those who have signed up need to make more of an effort to attend or they should not be a part of NELOC. I have to agree with the others when it is stated that the notices are wayyy too short. People who work on the weekend cannot be given notice the night before about an event, and considering what I do for a living, notice as far in advance as I can get is definately needed. FYI., and I can only speak for myself here: 1-2 days off require me to start 7-8 days in advance to coordinate my schedule. I'm with Smitty, I really would like to do more, but realize that my job hinders my efforts. I am more than willing to help in any way that I can. Members with personal gripes about other members should set them aside and not bring them to forum. IE>> drunk postings!!!! Not calling anyone, but some of the past ones made me question weather I wanted to be associated here. Others who have done this, admirably, have taken responsibility, and even apologized to entire forum. Before I met you guys here, my nights were pretty mundane, and boring. Now can't wait to log on to chat, holla out, and see what's going on. Weekends, still working on meeting all of my local peeps, but have talked to you enough here as well as on the phone to get those good feelings about you. I know that I, for one, DO NOT HANG OUT, now I'm almost fiending to do so, just to be around my "second family." This is my two cents. If I have offended anyone, I apologize in advance.

Last edited by trukn1; 06-08-06 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-08-06, 08:15 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

But to be serious, I think NELOC would be more successful if we had a shop to center on. I used to be semi-active in Maryland and I noticed alot of the successful meets were shop based. I'm not sure why they were successful. Maybe it was the dyno runs or the fancy project cars they had, but the shop meets were alot more fun than the random parking lot meets.
Great suggestions Stan, we'll have to take your advice on locations more often. I suggested a dyno meet several times, but it seems that people want to dyno tune their cars individually..

I do understand your situation, medical school is diffcult. Hopefully, after your residency, you still be rolling with us in your SC.

but I think the fallout in interest and attendance may have happened when I moved last summer (from CT).
Doug;

Man, do we miss you. Glad you still checking in once and awhile. But why did you have to move!!!...Now Florida has all the turbo SC's and the best CL meet coordinator...I think it's time for me to think about moving down there, we can have meets all year round...

Trust me when I say this, you moving to Florida did play a huge role in attendance....We used to have 200+ car meets in NJ and FBF, it was a blast to show up to raffles, drives, BBQ etc etc.....My all time favorite legandary meet was Bear Mtn, the drive was awesome..I can't remember having a better time at a meet...There were many OG members on the forum that attended, Mr Sypher, FutureGS, yourself, VSsC400, Angel, Stevie J....etc...all of which are not active here anymore, I guess they left with you..

Anyways, I hope everything is good in Florida, NE sector lost a valueable member..

^^^ although I am a relatively new member I want to attend the meets but I have the same situation. As I think most of the people have. I work and in order for me to get off of work I have to let my boss know in advance. Whenever I see a meet it just comes all of the sudden. The fact that there is no schedule or announcement of when the meets might possibly be. Instead it is a message saying to come the same day or the next. I wish I could but I think that a lil more organization on the part of the people making the meet is in order. Some warning or acknowledgment would be nice. I am attending the June 17th meet because there was warning to when that meet would be.
Vlad, your complaint has been noted. Since only several exclusive members show up to meets, we usually don't have advanced postings for group activities. But, we'll try to keep you informed of any future meets we will have. Thanks.

Smitty; I hope married life hasn't made you soft.
I"ll see you at the soon my man!!

Batmobile: Hopefully, I'll see you soon too..It's nice that you mentioned how you weren't all too into CL before NELOC, props to the people that made it happen (Cherp)...Hopefully this will encourage more members to come out and be more active as summertime is among us!

Other members, speak up or forever hold your peace..

Last edited by One HoT; 06-08-06 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-08-06, 08:30 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by trukn1
Ok, I just recentl;y joined this past March, and from what I have seen and read, yeah some of us get on one another, but I never got the impression that the cracks and jokes were straight up serious. The people that I have met and/or talked to on this forum have been nothing but good people to me. I mean we laugh, we joke, we have a lot of fun and every thing is all good. I finally got to my first meet at AC and had an absolute blast. Jimmy, you went out of your way to extend welcome to the new guy, that you've never even met, Greed- good vibe and great conversation (working on the precision driving though LOL!!!) Plex, HB55047, MY MAIN MAN SMITTY, Ben, PJ, KEVINGS, Soup and all the others that are not mentioned here; you all have become like family to me. I find it funny how I absolutely MUST check this forum every day before I drive 6-700 miles per day and then several times throughout the day, and definatly make it the absolute last thing I see at night. As far as attendance, I can't speak on this since I have only been to one meet, however from what I understand the fashionably lateness needs to be cut dramatically and those who have signed up need to make more of an effort to attend or they should not be a part of NELOC. I have to agree with the others when it is stated that the notices are wayyy too short. People who work on the weekend cannot be given notice the night before about an event, and considering what I do for a living, notice as far in advance as I can get is definately needed. FYI., and I can only speak for myself here: 1-2 days off require me to start 7-8 days in advance to coordinate my schedule. I'm with Smitty, I really would like to do more, but realize that my job hinders my efforts. I am more than willing to help in any way that I can. Members with personal gripes about other members should set them aside and not bring them to forum. IE>> drunk postings!!!! Not calling anyone, but some of the past ones made me question weather I wanted to be associated here. Others who have done this, admirably, have taken responsibility, and even apologized to entire forum. Before I met you guys here, my nights were pretty mundane, and boring. Now can't wait to log on to chat, holla out, and see what's going on. Weekends, still working on meeting all of my local peeps, but have talked to you enough here as well as on the phone to get those good feelings about you. I know that I, for one, DO NOT HANG OUT, now I'm almost fiending to do so, just to be around my "second family." This is my two cents. If I have offended anyone, I apologize in advance.
Trukn1; Your points are exactly my thoughts, well put my friend! I'm happy that it's not only me, but some of the members feel exactly the same way. I like the point you brought about integrating NELOC as part of your daily routine. As a car enthusiast and NELOC member, I feel that many of us are the same, we enjoy being around cars. Modding cars is a unique lifestyle to all of us, and it ties together with our daily routines. In turn, NELOC has provided more fuel for our passions thus, NELOC is a unit where you can call family.

Last edited by One HoT; 06-08-06 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-08-06, 08:38 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

It's like I said, "HI!!! MY CALL NAME IS TRUKN1, AND I AM ADDICTED TO NELOC!!!!!" LOL!!!
My comments were from the heart, and believe me it takes something special to get there. I truly do make this the first thing I check in the morning and the last thing I see at night. Quickly, I have found a new family and a new home. If NELOC falls apart, I still have made alot of new friends that I will continue to hold on to for a long time(Provided that I am home) LOL!!!!
Old 06-08-06, 08:41 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i am still fairly new but based on what i have seen so far i am a bit surprised by this as well. i didnt know what to expect going to these meets and bbqs. I was expecting everyone to be bragging about their car and making fun of my car with its dents and stuff. But instead you guys give tips, constructive criticism and even offer to help.

btw my car is scheduled to go in the body shop saturday morning
Old 06-08-06, 08:50 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by hb55047
well i am still fairly new but based on what i have seen so far i am a bit surprised by this as well. i didnt know what to expect going to these meets and bbqs. I was expecting everyone to be bragging about their car and making fun of my car with its dents and stuff. But instead you guys give tips, constructive criticism and even offer to help.

btw my car is scheduled to go in the body shop saturday morning
My, my look who's stepping up!!!! The good book says "Judge not least ye be judged yourself" and I do believe that NELOC epotimizes this philosophy. Just be proud of what you have and stand up. Cosmetic or not, we're family.
As for the car in shop saturday..... . good deal. My offer still stands as before, just make sure you get bodyshop advisory like we discussed.
Old 06-08-06, 08:50 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Hugh; My man, you have the least amount of post for someone who I see at almost every meet. That seriously a big accomplishment! If we had awards to give out, I would so give you the biggest one. LOL. I don't personally like to rag on people's rides because we all start from somewhere. I'm sure our cars were beat up at one point or another afterall they are just cars.

DJJT; Dude, it was nice to finally see your ride on a wed meet. More wed meets to come when this weather gets better.

Quick Reply: Your reflection on NELOC..