NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

spontaneous ny meet with trukn1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 10:41 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default spontaneous ny meet with trukn1

tone was in town on tuesday so i stopped by the shipping company.

Old 06-21-06, 11:09 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Boy I tell you that you're quick on the draw. I was just about to do this very same thing. Guys, I just so happened that I had an early morning delivery in Long Island (Holtsville), and then I left there and shot over to Brooklyn (Lombardy Street by the waterfront) to pick up my next load to North Carolina. Hugh saw me online and sent a few messages to me and found out I was in BKN and would be there until about 11, told me he wasn't far away, to stay where I was (can't see me cruising around town in this), and that he would be right over (turns out I stayed there until almost 12:30). Really appreciated you coming out to see me and was happy to see you taking better care of the SC. I don't get into this area much as it is a PITA to throw my home away from home around in some of the streets, and I don't get but a couple of hours fore warning. My friend you truly are a great friend/club supporter. Glad I was able to share a little of what I do and let you see my deceptive accomodations LOL!!!!! I think Hugh was truly surprised at what the inside of my truck looked like and even commented that there was more room inside than it looked to be.
Nothing spectacular, but will post pics if anyone requests.

Hugh- I KNOW, I scared the living daylights out of you when I took that last corner while leaving, but I had it. Sometimes have to be creative with the steering so as not to hit anyone. If I scared you, I apologize.
Oh and FYI... you hittin Smitty's signature pose. I know that "Smitty runs da city", but in the first pic you look like you going for thebest of both worlds. LOL!!!!! Smitty might have some words with you for stealing his pose, so don't be surprised.
peace

Last edited by trukn1; 06-21-06 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 01:09 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that was cool.... so did you race the truck down Deer Park AVE? lol how far is Holtsville from Deer Park?
Old 06-22-06, 04:53 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I must admit NY shows alot of love when you roll through. You gotta let me see the inside of da truck I know its tight.
Hugh- I KNOW, I scared the living daylights out of you when I took that last corner while leaving, but I had it. Sometimes have to be creative with the steering so as not to hit anyone. If I scared you, I apologize.
And thats not the Smitty pose. I deem that the NELOC pose.
Old 06-22-06, 07:22 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
wow that was cool.... so did you race the truck down Deer Park AVE? lol how far is Holtsville from Deer Park?
LOL!!!! At 13'6", 77feet long, 9 1/2' wide, and a gross weight of up to 80K lbs ,Deer park ave would never be the same again if I raced down there, however, the Long Island Expressway,,,,,watchout, no mercy!!!!

I drove right past the Deer Park area ,exit 51,on the LIE to get to my stop. It is located here....
ITS IN LONG ISLAND Deer park exit 39N on the southern state parkway (suffolk county)
No commercial vehicles are allowed on ANY Parkways in New York, due to low clearance issues. Holtsville is located off of Exit 62, (east of Holbrook, west of Medford) approx, 20 miles from Deer Park from the LIE.
Old 06-22-06, 07:25 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 316 Likes on 229 Posts

Next time you roll through Long Island, mainly Suffolk, let me know if you wanna meet up "NELOC Style!!!" This be MY territory
Old 06-22-06, 07:37 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

NYLEXSC will do, I don't get over there too often with my truck as it is a PITA to deal with. Most of the time, I go through there in the early am or late,late night. I mainly try to get in and get out again because I just cant park this thing anywhere, well I can, but really not suppose too LOL!!!!!
Most of the time, I only get a 1 or 2 day notice of when I have to go over there (depends on where I am at the time). For the most part, I do alot of business in Jersey, and we have a yard in Bridgewater, NJ I-287 exit 13. I will post up when I know that I have to go over into NY and those who choose to come out are welcome, but take note, notice from me will probably be short and in most cases during business hours, since I have to p/u and deliver to businesses. Late night meets like I had with HB are very rare, but I enjoyed.
Old 06-22-06, 08:57 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

You guys should have gone out to the highway and done a 40 - 65 (legal ) pull against each other and filmed it.

Would have been priceless with the truck airhorn giving three honks and then gunning it

Great pics guys, great to have these imprompteau connections.
Old 06-22-06, 09:12 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Not having any success posting pics from my gallery. Mods, please help. Have resized, uploaded, and image bracketed when I try to post replys, however pics not coming up on posts. any ideas???/

GSOUP - here ya go... i'll pm you instructions in a few, so you can do it yourself in the future.

Last edited by trukn1; 06-22-06 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 07:52 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love it!!!! Good sh@#!

Hey Hugh, how's the car lookin'? Did the body shop do a good job?

Trukn1, be careful out there on dem roads. Call when you get back in town.

And don't worry about the Harrisburg meet. If your car is not done, you ridin' with me.
Old 06-22-06, 08:39 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea it was definately real cool, the funniest part is i got so lost that i was planning to just go back on the highway and start again, then i just took alot of backstreets and shot out right in front of tony's truck. I should have called some people up, a few people said they would have came out too. lol you didnt scare me on the last turn, its just that when you swung wide i had to swing wider to clear the trailer. I can see why some of the truck drivers drive the way they drive, you definately feel like king of the road behind that wheel.

kevin the car is looking good. they didnt do that great of a job, but it takes a true car person to notice.
Old 06-22-06, 11:12 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

No, it wasn't that. I had to swing wide to clear the car that was on the corner in front of me, and get the other 53' of trailer around that sharp corner behind me. I only got the left side of the trailer to clear that corner by about 6". LOL!!!! The biggest part of driving that thing is remembering that there is 53' of trailer behind you, and where your front wheels go is not where your back wheels are going.

Last edited by trukn1; 06-23-06 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-22-06, 11:37 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

You gotta let me see the inside of da truck I know its tight
Whenever you're ready Smitty let me know. Here's a few teaser pics, nothing spectacular,,
Welcome to my front hallway. Notice Club Lex on laptop screen, LOL!!!

This is command central...

Notice the absence of the shifter from the floor!!!
Sleeping Quarters; small but comfortable.

Yes, you've seen it here first,, and automatic tractor trailer.

Somebody also stole my clutch pedal as well!!! LOL!!!

Now don't get it twisted, just because my truck is an automatic, doesn't mean that I can't drop 10 gears anymore, just a little rusty (10 gears is the minimum for tractor trailer), been there, done that!!! Standing outside and watching and listening to the truck shift, you would never know that I am not shifting anything. Now that yall done seen my crib, yall got's ta go LOL!!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 06-23-06 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-23-06, 01:58 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Whenever you're ready Smitty let me know. Here's a few teaser pics, nothing spectacular,,
Welcome to my front hallway. Notice Club Lex on laptop screen, LOL!!!

This is command central...

Notice the absence of the shifter from the floor!!!
Sleeping Quarters; small but comfortable.

Yes, you've seen it here first,, and automatic tractor trailer.

Somebody also stole my clutch pedal as well!!! LOL!!!

Now don't get it twisted, just because my truck is an automatic, doesn't mean that I can't drop 10 gears anymore, just a little rusty (10 gears is the minimum for tractor trailer), been there, done that!!! Standing outside and watching and listening to the truck shift, you would never know that I am not shifting anything. Now that yall done seen my crib, yall got's ta go LOL!!!!

Lets see the Turbo!!
Old 06-23-06, 03:37 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Stabbin Cabin....

Quick Reply: spontaneous ny meet with trukn1