NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Recruitment tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-06 | 06:28 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Default Recruitment tool

Check it, I just had had the same thoughts as me.a good idea and I was wondering if you all the same thoughts as me. While driving around town yesterday, running various errands, I ran into alot of Lex owners who were coming "out of hiding". Most of them spoke to me and complimented me on my car, keep in mind it had been sitting 2 weeks and had not been cleaned from sitting. Alot of people asked me about my club Lex (thank you Smitty for tagging me) and were inquiring about where to get one themselves. I explained that I was part of a start up group specifically in the NELOC forum and we were trying to find some creative ways to boost membership, especially here in the MD area. Gave them the run down concerning membership (just clean it and bring it), and a few people who were around while I had my laptop out were shown the teaser clips. After looking at the teasers, you could see hype in their faces. I spoke to no less then 18 people, just last night, in a three hour span and they all promised to log in and join up (well we know how empty promises are so we'll see how many new MD members pop up here on the forum).
Long story short,what do you guys think about a teaser recruitment video to boost membership??? I know we are still adding new material,to create the yearend, but what if we compiled what we have so far into one short DVD to show to potential new members?? Could consist of some of the short clips as well as some of the stilll pics. I am going to get my hands on a movie edit program to see if I can pull this off. Of course if anyone wants to take on this ambitious task and has more compllation experience , and time,is more than welcome to help out (hint, hint). Greed777, I know you are still relatively new at this but your video clip was very good. Soup has alot on his plate already with the yearend, and besides he's such a tease (LOL!!!!!), so was wondering if you would like to try your hand at this???? If you need blank DVD's to make a few copies to distribute, just let me know. I only suggest this because while telling them about this group of ours, they seem interested, when I showed them some of the clips people really got excited and showed a little more enthusiasm. I have them short cut linked on my comp, but it just takes too long to boot up, go on line, and then pull up, when I could just pop a DVD in the drive.

Thoughts?? Opinions??? Plex, Md about to wake up!!! I feel it!!!! 18 people in 3 hours asking questions, etc. I got you.....
Old 06-24-06 | 07:16 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Thats sounds good man. I see some nice Lex's all the time but like Cherplex said one time we need some cards to give them. Maybe we should get together and have a few drinks at *cough*cough* gladys knight's chicken and waffels to discuss this. lol
Old 06-24-06 | 08:03 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Yeah there are several older enthusist inquire about my sticker( thanks Smitty) maybe the bearer of the internet is slowing down these spectators?
Old 06-24-06 | 10:32 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Thats sounds good man. I see some nice Lex's all the time but like Cherplex said one time we need some cards to give them. Maybe we should get together and have a few drinks at *cough*cough* gladys knight's chicken and waffels to discuss this. lol

A business card would work wonders. Something that says NELOC on it and ClubLexus.com

I see so many nice Lex around here, LS, ES, GS, SC and they all deserve to join in our fun.

Business cards and decals FTW!!
Old 06-24-06 | 10:52 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

A business card would work wonders. Something that says NELOC on it and ClubLexus.com

I see so many nice Lex around here, LS, ES, GS, SC and they all deserve to join in our fun.

Business cards and decals FTW!!
Well I used to have 2 Clublexus cards and I know a few other people had them but I already passed them out and I need some more.
Old 06-24-06 | 11:29 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

I had 3 CLublexus business cards, 2 I gave away and I have one left in my car for the right car. After that I'm cleaned out
Old 06-24-06 | 11:46 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

I'm working on some things to bring down to the harrisburg meet. Don't want to get into specifics...but trukn...just want to let you know your voice hasn't gone unheard.
Old 06-24-06 | 01:25 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Distributing video demos to recruit reminds me of the dudes on NYC streets selling their rap CD for 5 bucks, and professing that they are going to be bigger than Jay Z. The videos method is "too in your face" in my opinion. Is Neloc recruiting hip-hop dancers or Lexus owners The Business card method is neutral and will allow potential members to judge for themselves whether or not Neloc is worth joining. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-24-06 | 02:30 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Hey if you need something for the short term, I have a mess load of blank cards, fresh printer ink and Microsoft Publisher. Someone send me a design I can at least make some up for the Maryland Crew. Hit me up on Yahoo as Nate579 or Cell: 301-518-4707.
Old 06-24-06 | 04:15 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

This is a good idea https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...clublexus+card
Old 06-24-06 | 07:38 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Distributing video demos to recruit reminds me of the dudes on NYC streets selling their rap CD for 5 bucks,

LOL!!!! NOOO I wasn't suggesting that we pass out videos to recruit people to our club.. I was suggesting that those of us who actively recruit, and/or have a portable DVD player or something, have a visual advertisement about our club to show to perspective membere to rile up attention; not pass out. Handing out Business cards, I also agreee with and would like to do as well. I get asked all the time about where to get Club Lexus stickers (thanks again Smitty), and for me that usually will get the conversation started. I just found that while i had my laptop open and was playing the clips, not only did people want to know more information, but they were also able to see the diversity amongst the club. From the very heavily modded, to the "hand me another rubber band so I can hold this up." LOL!!! Bottom line, I was "selling"the club to them to at least get them to check the site, then they can decide for themselves. That's all I was saying, stimulate their interest by complimenting their ride, and push them over the top by letting them know that there are others who share the same interest as them, and give them a forum to be proud of. Personal experience,I am more inclined to check out a product if you not only peak my curiosity, but also try to win me over visually; then I will decide. Until I met you guys, yes I would see alot of Lexus' with rims, etc., however I just took pride in knowing that my car was off da hook; but heaven help me if something went wrong. Now that I have found this site as well as this forum, I have not only gotten alot of technical advice, but ideas for mods as well. Not to mention all of the cool friends that I have met as well.

Last edited by trukn1; 06-24-06 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-24-06 | 08:23 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

What does "FTW" stand for?
Old 06-24-06 | 08:26 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by tuddy
What does "FTW" stand for?
abbreviation of "For the Win."
Old 06-24-06 | 08:53 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
that sounds like a great idea..i'm ordering some right now
Old 06-24-06 | 08:57 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Default Fot the MD,DC and VA CREW!!!

Anyway, I seating here playing with my Microsoft Publisher. I came up with some very simple ones and some very intricate ones. Displaying simple first. Intricate ones will be posted tomorrow.

Just want to get you guys input on what should and should not go on the cards if we were to get some made. I think this is something that best discussed over at our conference center at Chick and Waffle or Jaspers. Anyway Trunk1lit the fire. I have a pack of unused blank cards and I am willing to make the first batch for the local crew. AIght I am going to bed.

****DRAFT****

Quick Reply: Recruitment tool