NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Tint Shops in MD or VA

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-06, 04:10 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ummmm...I actually do have one of those photo blockers. My wife does too, DC has so many redlight camera's that are so off timed that u are guaranteed to get a flash even when the light is green. LOL. Damn crooks. A state trooper pulled me over for mine and had me remove it, even gave me a screw driver. LOL. Then scolded me because I should know better. LOL. All I could think about was how hot she was.
Old 07-04-06, 07:21 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw an something from WTOP regarding these covers. Seems like maryland mva and state trooper have different interpretations of this law. mva says that anything cover the plates are illegal. State troopers and montgomery county police say anything obstructing the plate is illegal.

Regarding my car.....I spent alot of money on the engine internals. Dont think I'll have much new for lexfest. Hopefully some gawd awful power. I may have some suprises that will set it apart from everyone else tho...
Old 07-04-06, 10:25 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

By the way, thanks for the compliment, Trukn1. You have some really good pix of my car, nice and clear. I might have to pay you.
Told you son, not only am I jealous of the black cherry hotness that both you and Nate have but the 10 second burnout,,,,priceless. LOL!!!
As far as pics go, I like this one the best. Notice the quiet storm sitting right up front along with the quiet storm sitting off in the background. LOL!!!!
Old 07-14-06, 08:41 PM
D.C.GS430
Pole Position

Default Well I found ONE

Its called Atlantic Window Tinting and they did a excellent job on my car they are located in Waldorf MD if anybody needs tint I strongly suggest you check them out. I got 5% on the sides and 20% on the back windshield for the low price of $99.00 but thanks for your replys anyway
Old 07-14-06, 08:54 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D.C.GS430
Its called Atlantic Window Tinting and they did a excellent job on my car they are located in Waldorf MD if anybody needs tint I strongly suggest you check them out. I got 5% on the sides and 20% on the back windshield for the low price of $99.00 but thanks for your replys anyway
Dude, I am sweating with my 20% on the sides and you have 5. Wow, U are going to be ducking PG county police like me. Roll down your windows when you pull up next to one. You never know if he is having a bad day and want to screw with someone. Good Price too.
Old 07-15-06, 08:10 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

That's ok nate, you and I can sweat together. I got 20% all the way round. My brother had it done for my birthday back in March. Cops here in B-more aren't too bad about it . He can join Smitty and duck PG county. Next to those two, you and I will be OK, but I still try to stay out of PG county though LOL!!!!
Old 07-15-06, 08:17 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's ok nate, you and I can sweat together. I got 20% all the way round. My brother had it done for my birthday back in March. Cops here in B-more aren't too bad about it . He can join Smitty and duck PG county. Next to those two, you and I will be OK, but I still try to stay out of PG county though LOL!!!!
PG County hasent messed with me about my 5% tint, but VA sure did. I'm not a big fan of VA. Everytime I go there I get pulled over.
Old 07-15-06, 06:56 PM
D.C.GS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nate579
Dude, I am sweating with my 20% on the sides and you have 5. Wow, U are going to be ducking PG county police like me. Roll down your windows when you pull up next to one. You never know if he is having a bad day and want to screw with someone. Good Price too.
Yeah you right about sweating cause I be running ducking and hiding from them mostly maryland state troopers because thats who got me recently. And thats why I had to get it retinted and what makes it even worst I was in Waldorf when he got me the same place I just got it done at. crazy right but check this he didn't even put that tint tester on my windows he just told me your tint is too dark and gave me a repair order and sent me on my way. But all you have to do is find an inspection station and talk with somebody cool there and tell them what happen and they may help you out by signing that for you oh yeah for a small price of course.
Old 07-15-06, 08:34 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Hold on,,, you got re-tinted to 5%???? or just the back window to 20%????
I know about the inspection station scheme, however, yo have to be careful because some trooper barracks will not only make you bring your car to them to be clear of the repair order, but sometimes they will also retest your tint right there on the spot. Heaven help you if it fails again. They will not only fine you, but also go after the place that signed off. I had this happen to me when I was living in Glen Burnie, with a 92 Camry, really wasn't a good day that day. Made me scrape off right there in the barracks parking lot, still fined me ($85), and then went after place that signed my repair order. Be careful!!!
Old 07-16-06, 09:43 AM
D.C.GS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trukn1
Hold on,,, you got re-tinted to 5%???? or just the back window to 20%????
I know about the inspection station scheme, however, yo have to be careful because some trooper barracks will not only make you bring your car to them to be clear of the repair order, but sometimes they will also retest your tint right there on the spot. Heaven help you if it fails again. They will not only fine you, but also go after the place that signed off. I had this happen to me when I was living in Glen Burnie, with a 92 Camry, really wasn't a good day that day. Made me scrape off right there in the barracks parking lot, still fined me ($85), and then went after place that signed my repair order. Be careful!!!
Yep I retinted all of my side windows 5% and the back windshield 20% so its retarded dark at the moment. Man I do this all the time. Everytime I get put over for my tint I just go and peel it off or I will holla at my dawg who does maryland inspections and he will sign it for me and then I will go and get it retinted all over again. The same way that I had before dark as hell. Usually I can go for at least a year or two with no problems. As long as I stay out of the red zones. But with me I hang in southeast all the time and you know DC police just dont give a ****** about petty stuff such as tint. They got more inportant crimes to fight especially in the projects where I be at Barry Farms and 3rd Street Southeast thats where my cousins live so thats where I hang at .But thats terrible what happen to you. So did you snitch on the person who sign that repair order for you or what?
Old 07-16-06, 11:09 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Oh Barry Farms, Brings back memories. I grew up in Congress Heights. So I know the area. Alotta good and bad memories in SE. Took my wife through old neighborhood and she was so scared she freaked. Still don't believe I grew up in SE. LOL.
Old 07-16-06, 11:51 AM
D.C.GS430
Pole Position

Oh Barry Farms, Brings back memories. I grew up in Congress Heights. So I know the area. Alotta good and bad memories in SE. Took my wife through old neighborhood and she was so scared she freaked. Still don't believe I grew up in SE. LOL.
Oh yeah Nate you grew up in Congress Height Damn dawg I grew up around 16th and W GoodHope Rd babyboy. I did hit a few broads around Congress Heights tho. So tell me do you ever get to come out to some of the basketball tournaments that they be having down the farms? Man the city sure has change hasn't it every project has been knock down and some redone except the farms and a few others. I was really thinking about moving back their because maryland is getting just as bad as DC as far as crime is concern. But my fiancé who actually grew up around Simple City in the circle told me HELL no were not moving back their ever again. So MD is where I have to live if I want to be with her and my kids lol.
Old 07-16-06, 02:29 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

So did you snitch on the person who sign that repair order for you or what?
Nah, none of that!!!!! World survives on hookups; YOU KNOW!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!This was back in 97 when I moved to Glen Burnie from Reisterstown. State PO-PO's went after the mechanic personally for falsifying state documents, audited every inspection that he had done in the previous 3 years, and fined the shop somewhere in the neighborhood of $20K as a penalty. The shop owner was a friend of mine and that's how I found out what happened. He really didn't have any idea that he had a crooked mechanic on staff, and it eventually cost him his business. I felt terrible, but it wasnt my fault. They were tracked down by the facility number which is listed on the completed repair order for the facility that does the inspection/repair, and the guys signature as being the mechanic who signed off on the work. Guess it just depends on just how much they are willing to pursue an issue.

Last edited by trukn1; 07-16-06 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-16-06, 05:26 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D.C.GS430
Oh yeah Nate you grew up in Congress Height Damn dawg I grew up around 16th and W GoodHope Rd babyboy. I did hit a few broads around Congress Heights tho. So tell me do you ever get to come out to some of the basketball tournaments that they be having down the farms? Man the city sure has change hasn't it every project has been knock down and some redone except the farms and a few others. I was really thinking about moving back their because maryland is getting just as bad as DC as far as crime is concern. But my fiancé who actually grew up around Simple City in the circle told me HELL no were not moving back their ever again. So MD is where I have to live if I want to be with her and my kids lol.

Naw, no one in the neighborhood remember me and that ones that would remember are long buried. Moved my moms out when I got out the military. Wanted to live a nice quiet life with the shooting hopping and hollering. Love it here in Upper Marlboro, just the occassional deer in the backyard and F16 buzzing the roof. SE is just a memory. My nephew lives there but we are not on speaking terms. You coming to the meet this weekend?

Last edited by nate579; 07-16-06 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-17-06, 08:51 AM
D.C.GS430
Pole Position

Naw, no one in the neighborhood remember me and that ones that would remember are long buried. Moved my moms out when I got out the military. Wanted to live a nice quiet life with the shooting hopping and hollering. Love it here in Upper Marlboro, just the occassional deer in the backyard and F16 buzzing the roof. SE is just a memory. My nephew lives there but we are not on speaking terms. You coming to the meet this weekend?
I sure wish I could but its moms birthday this weekend so me and the family is taking her out for a really nice surprise

Quick Reply: Tint Shops in MD or VA