NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Tint Shops in MD or VA

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-06, 10:45 AM
D.C.GS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint Shops in MD or VA

I need a really good tint shop to tint my car in MD or VA can somebody please recommend one thanks
Old 07-02-06, 12:00 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I could help. The people who did my tint in Glen Burnie, MD were just so-so. Can't recommend them.

Good luck.

And come out to a meet sometime. Harrisburg is July 22nd.
Old 07-02-06, 12:30 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Kev, you musta used the same one as me. I havent had any problems with the tint yet. Sorry I havent been around. Car has been laid up with the engine out. Quicksilver put me at the back of the line to work on their race engines for the season. I cant get a break on the local tuners out there. I dont even know if I'll have it in time for the next lexfest.
Old 07-02-06, 12:45 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

KevinGS did you use the HP Racing in Glen Burnie, because that's the one I used and mine came out great. Must have different installer. I can also recomend a shop of Silver Hill Road in Capitol Heights, Md. About to take my GX there to get the front windows tinted. Can't remember the name though. Also there is a shop in Va. That's really good. As soon as I find the info I will post.
Old 07-02-06, 03:12 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

KevinGS did you use the HP Racing in Glen Burnie, because that's the one I used and mine came out great. Must have different installer. I can also recomend a shop of Silver Hill Road in Capitol Heights, Md. About to take my GX there to get the front windows tinted. Can't remember the name though. Also there is a shop in Va. That's really good. As soon as I find the info I will post.
The guys at HP Racing are a bunch of A#&es . I would never recommend taking ur car to them. Sorry to quirk out but there's history.
But I had my windows tinted at Street Dreamz in Capitol Hights. Heres da number: 301-350-9401
Old 07-02-06, 05:55 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah..street dreamz....sweet work... get there early.

Blue... I got a Ijuz you can put in... for Lexfest..no boost.. no problem! lol lol just playing.. man do you need for me to hit the shop with my black shades on with smittty in the back with the bat.... we need your SC on the road
Old 07-02-06, 10:10 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

HP racing in Blen Burnie is a good place to go, I would suggest that you talk with Daniel, the owner, because some of those guys there can be a little frigid at timea. Also, I know of a few here in Baltimore. If you're in the B-more area and want to use one of the shops here, let me know and I will find the phone numbers.
Old 07-02-06, 11:26 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

SCBlue, I was wondering where you had been. Sux about the car being out of commission. I hope it's ready by Lexfest...we'd love to have a new SC in the caravan. If we do any local meets in Maryland, I'll keep you posted. Maybe we can see your face there.

As for the tint shop, I used the Tint Man on Rt. 648 in Glen Burnie, around the corner from HP. HP gave me an expensive quote, but the Tint Man did average work (Nice people though). I guess you get what you pay for... I tried to cut cost, and I also cut quality. You live and learn.
Old 07-03-06, 06:24 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Quicksilver promised engine by 1st week Aug. We'll see. I used HP in glen burnie for the tint. havent had any problems with the tint yet. Hell, it looks like I got to hold a NELOC bar b que at my house just to meet you guys. Sorry I havent been in the scene, kinda sucks being without my car.
Old 07-04-06, 01:07 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc430blue
Quicksilver promised engine by 1st week Aug. We'll see. I used HP in glen burnie for the tint. havent had any problems with the tint yet. Hell, it looks like I got to hold a NELOC bar b que at my house just to meet you guys. Sorry I havent been in the scene, kinda sucks being without my car.
Here's hoping you can make it to Lexfest...with your car. In the meantime, an end-of-the-summer BBQ/Lex meet sounds wonderful. It could be the tuneup meet before Lexfest.

OK, I've hijacked this thread enough.

sidenote: I got pulled over by a cop today for having a rear license plate frame. $60 ticket...he wouldn't even give me a work order. Damn cops! Thank goodness he didn't give me a tint work order too though. I woulda been pissed!
Old 07-04-06, 05:42 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Here's hoping you can make it to Lexfest...with your car. In the meantime, an end-of-the-summer BBQ/Lex meet sounds wonderful. It could be the tuneup meet before Lexfest.

OK, I've hijacked this thread enough.

sidenote: I got pulled over by a cop today for having a rear license plate frame. $60 ticket...he wouldn't even give me a work order. Damn cops! Thank goodness he didn't give me a tint work order too though. I woulda been pissed!
yes you have but I have to stay with the same subject.....Blue will you have anymore goodies in the whip like last year...you almost made me go into some serious debt to get a SC430 and start modding... I really was feeling your car.... so spill it!
Old 07-04-06, 09:07 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KevinGS
WHOA> I am lost. What do you mean by that. I never heard of such law. Unless it was blocking something. Must be a Ann Arundel County thing. Damn. I am staying in PG more liberal. They only pull you over if you shooting at them are car jacked someone. Other than that. No problems with my illegal tint and missing frount tag.
Old 07-04-06, 09:52 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think they were just picking on him because of the hotnessof his car. What in the world is blocking here??????
tried to edit and save as enlarged, but didnt work. tag number is visible, registration stickers still visible, whats the problem unless you have changed from the tag frame I last saw you with.
Attached Thumbnails Tint Shops in MD or VA-edit.jpg  
Old 07-04-06, 12:12 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

It's just silly, that they would pull him over for that. I guess when you are having a slow day just anything to meet your quota would do. Sorry about that KevinGS.
Old 07-04-06, 03:56 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nate579
It's just silly, that they would pull him over for that. I guess when you are having a slow day just anything to meet your quota would do. Sorry about that KevinGS.
Damn bored county police right in my neighberhood. A waste of $60.

He said that you can't have a cover over your plate because people are beating the redlight cameras by having redlight blocking plastic shields. I DO have a plastic cover that covers my actual plate so the plate doesn't get dirty. So I can understand his point, because they DO make those photo radar blockers that just look like transparent covers over the plate.

But...he could have given me a warning, or a work order to remove it, NOT AN ACTUAL FINE.

Oh well. I'll probably see the clown again since he patrols my neighberhood....which sucks because I might have to actually remove it.

By the way, thanks for the compliment, Trukn1. You have some really good pix of my car, nice and clear. I might have to pay you.

Quick Reply: Tint Shops in MD or VA