NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Hotel Accomodations/Reservations for NELOC Harrisburg Meet on 7/22

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 03:05 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hotel Accomodations/Reservations for NELOC Harrisburg Meet on 7/22

The countdown begins... Current cheduling looks like we will have the meet from Noon-5pm, and then we're doing the videocapture/caravan from 5:30-8:30pm. Hotel check-in @ 9pm.

Hotel Info:

After scouting out the area, Harrisburg has only about 3 hotels downtown worth staying in...but or course lots in the 'burbs. Most suburban hotels are within 10-20 minutes from downtown. But of course, most of them don't have private lots. I just can't imagine making Johnny park his beast outside overnight. Hec, that goes for all of our cars. We should be in a secured parking lot in a foreign city.

So....I called the two downtown hotels with parking garages to try to get us a deal. And a deal was struck.

We will be staying at the Hilton, right on 2nd street, right smack dab in the middle of the 2nd street bar/restaurant area. And of course, they have a parking garage...which is where our "out-of-town" Lexuses should be parked for sure. Hey, you never know...

Normally $140-$175/night on a summer weekend, the lady in the Hilton sales office gave us a deal at $104 with tax...for a total of $114/night. But it will also cost each of us $6 to park overnight. The suburban hotel chains (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inns, HoJos etc...) within 20 minutes of downtown were all around $85-$90/night + tax, with no secured parking area. So, I decided that we go with the downtown Hilton for location and security reasons. And, it's a Hilton, so it's gonna be quite plush.

Sidenote: The lady in the sales office said normally they don't give discounts unless you block and use at least 10 rooms, but she said she'd give us a deal even if we use as little as 5 rooms. Why? She heard it was a Lexus Club event and she perked up....because she owns a 2005 black SC. She was really cool, and said she'd even love to stop at the meet, but she's working a wedding at the hotel on Saturday and then she'll probably be gone by the time we check in.

So the Hilton it is.

They only have two style of rooms available at that discounted rate: 1 king or 2 doubles. I imagine most of us will just shack up two to a room with the two double beds, and split the cost. But if anyone wants their own room, or if you're bringing your mate/spouse, then of course you can get your own King-bed room.

So here's what I need to know ASAP...I need to know who is (and isn't) spending the night, and if so, how many in your party. Again, even if you plan an coming, but plan on going home Saturday night after the event, please post and let me know that too. And if you are solo but want your own room ('cause you plan on using yo' mack skills Saturday night to fill the space in your bed LOL), then let me know that too.

OK, I will start:

1. KevinGS (1)

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-13-06 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-10-06, 03:07 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The countdown begins... Schedule looks like will have the meet from Noon-5pm, and then we're doing the videocapture/caravan from 5:30-8:30pm.

Hotel Info:

After scouting out the area, Harrisburg has only about 3 hotels downtown worth staying in...but or course lots in the 'burbs. Most suburban hotels are within 10-20 minutes from downtown. But of course, most of them don't have private lots. I just can't imagine making Johnny park his beast outside overnight.

So....I called the two downtown hotels with parking garages to try to get us a deal. And a deal was struck.

We will be staying at the Hilton, right on 2nd street, right smack dab in the middle of the 2nd street bar/restaurant area. And of course, they have a parking garage...which is where our "out-of-town" Lexuses should be parked for sure. Hey, you never know...

Normally $140-$175/night on a summer weekend, the lady in the Hilton sales office gave us a deal at $104 with tax...for a total of $114/night. But it will also cost each of us $6 to park overnight. The suburban hotel chains (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inns, HoJos etc...) were all around $90/night + tax, with no secured parking area. So, I decided that we go with the downtown Hilton for location and security reasons. And, it's a Hilton, so it's gonna be quite plush.

Sidenote: The lady in the sales office said normally they don't give discounts unless you block and use at least 10 rooms, but she said she'd give us a deal even if we use as little as 5 rooms. Why? She heard it was a Lexus Club event and she perked up....because she owns a 2005 black SC. She was really cool, and said she'd even love to stop at the meet, but she's working on Saturday and then she'll probably be gone by the time we check in.

Anyway, so the Hilton it is.

They only have two style of rooms available at that discounted rate: 1 king or 2 doubles. I imagine most of us will just shack up two to a room with the two doubles, and split the cost. But if anyone wants their own room, or if you're bringing your mate/spouse, then of course you can get your own King-bed room.

So here's what I need to know...I need to know immediately who is (and isn't) spending the night, and if so, how many in your party. Again, even if you plan an coming, but plan on going home after the event, please let me know that too. And if you are solo but want your own room ('cause you plan on using yo' mack skills Saturday night to fill the space in your bed LOL), then let me know that too. I will start:

1. KevinGS (1)
Good lookin out Kevin. I'm down.

1. KevinGS (1)
2. Smitty0881(1)
Old 07-10-06, 03:09 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

For now, we can also use this thread for caravan info too.

I think the MD/DC/VA guys south of Baltimore should meet at the Arundel Mills Mall parking lot at 9:30am, and then we can all caravan from there to Timonium. We can then meet the Baltimore guys at Black Smith Racing right off Padonia Rd., right off I83...at 10:15am. Blacksmith Racing looks forward to meeting us. The CFO of BlackSmith owns a new Lexus IS (for which they are building custom springs for). She'd like to meet us. And will hopefully make it out to some local NELOC meets.

From there, Harrisburg is about 90 minutes away TOPS. Cool?
Old 07-10-06, 05:29 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im down

Tuddy (1) room
Old 07-10-06, 08:08 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Updated attendee list:

1. cherplex
2. greed777
3. nate579
4. gsoup
5. bigmalik00
6. PJ
7. cathafer
8. exclusivis
9.batmobile (will not be able to make the rain date)
10. gs3power
11. djjt
12. trukn1
13. KevinGS
14. Tuddy
15. Stimpsc3 (MAYBE)
16. Dex lex ( MAYBE) (Turbo GS from delaware?)
17. Smitty0881
18. HB4550...whatever (Hugh)
19. Ted17

I think this is the short list too. I think there will be more, they just won't post until they're "sure".

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-11-06 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-10-06, 08:09 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

1. KevinGS (1)
2. Smitty0881(1)
3. Tuddy (1)
Old 07-10-06, 08:17 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=MDTHHHF

Link to the hotel.

There's a Virtual Tour from the main link, if you want to see the layout of the place.

Click on 'Accomodations' if you want to see how the guest rooms look. Not real big, but plush. The chair and automan combo in each room is sweet...I have a feeling that someone's gonna be using that for a bed in some rooms.

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-10-06 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 08:26 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1. KevinGS (1)
2. Smitty0881(1)
3. Tuddy (1)
4. GSoup (1)

Good work kevin, on going above and beyond for NELOC.
Old 07-10-06, 08:29 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. KevinGS (1)
2. Smitty0881(1)
3. Tuddy (1)
3. hb55047 (1)

with the bp and bars and stuff are people bringing their spouse/mate?
Old 07-10-06, 08:31 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Hugh has a problem counting.

1. KevinGS (1)
2. Smitty0881(1)
3. Tuddy (1)
4. GSoup (1)
5. Hugh (1)
Old 07-10-06, 08:39 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL.. imagine what will happen once he starts drinking out there
Old 07-10-06, 09:06 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well at least there i wont have to worry about hitting refresh and the hot chicks turn ugly
Old 07-10-06, 11:38 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

count me in
Old 07-10-06, 11:44 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinGS
For now, we can also use this thread for caravan info too.

I think the MD/DC/VA guys south of Baltimore should meet at the Arundel Mills Mall parking lot at 9:30am, and then we can all caravan from there to Timonium. We can then meet the Baltimore guys at Black Smith Racing right off Padonia Rd., right off I83...at 10:15am. Blacksmith Racing looks forward to meeting us. The CFO of BlackSmith owns a new Lexus IS (for which they are building custom springs for). She'd like to meet us. And will hopefully make it out to some local NELOC meets.

From there, Harrisburg is about 90 minutes away TOPS. Cool?
Sweet I like.....if you fail to plan you plan to fail... I am not staying over... If I don't take my wife to see Common at Artscape ... I am in the dog house..I will leave behind Nate is that 1015 time in concrete? I have a few cats with Lexus cars and trucks that may meet up with us.
Old 07-11-06, 02:58 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
Sweet I like.....if you fail to plan you plan to fail... I am not staying over... If I don't take my wife to see Common at Artscape ... I am in the dog house..I will leave behind Nate is that 1015 time in concrete? I have a few cats with Lexus cars and trucks that may meet up with us.
Common is my man too, Malik. I have seen him 3 or 4 times, once in his hometown, Chicago. GREAT performer. His album, Ressurection, is one of my top 5 favorite HipHop albums of all-time.

Yes, 10:15 is the ideal time. Actually tell your guys to be there by 10am, and you'd better have their cell #s. 'Cause if we're ready to leave, and they're not there, and you don't have a way to contact them to get their ETA...they'll be left.

A Lexus truck in attendance would be really cool.

BlackSmith Racing is at 200 W. Padonia Rd., right off I83 on the left. Right next to the Mr. Tire, which has the most visible sign. 410-669-9116 is the office number.

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-11-06 at 03:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Hotel Accomodations/Reservations for NELOC Harrisburg Meet on 7/22