NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Anyone wanna install a subwoofer and amp for me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 08:40 PM
SnoopyBQ
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone wanna install a subwoofer and amp for me?

Anyone in the New York City area wanna install a subwoofer and amp for me? The wires are already there just need someone to put the subwoofer in the rear deck and the amp in the trunk.

Looks like there was a subwoofer and amp installed in the trunk before I got the car so there's no subwoofer in the rear deck at the moment. Whoever sold the car took the amp and subwoofer with them.

I would pay whoever knows how to do it of course. Don't feel like going to one of those so many audio shops and letting them install it without me looking at the install. Let me know if anyone knows how to do this and is interested in helping. Thanks!
Old 07-21-06, 08:53 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

which lexus? When you say wires are already there... do you mean power/remote/ground/speaker wires/etc...?
Where are you located?
Old 07-21-06, 09:54 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mmm subs in the rear deck... sounds like fun.

What type of subs/amp? Also do you know what guage the power wires are?
Old 07-21-06, 10:24 PM
SnoopyBQ
Pit Crew

Its a 00 LS400, I don't know what wires are there but I think all the wires that are needed is all there cause it looks like the previous owner had a subwoofer in the trunk along with a amp there. Looks like the previous owner only put a sub and amp in keeping the other speakers untouched.

I don't know a thing about amps and stuff like that. Looks like there is a phone jack in the trunk but I don't like if its a phone jack, anyone know what that is? There is a control thing under the driver side where the knee is. Looks like its to control the sub, another thing in the engine bay.

I'm assuming all the wires are there and all I need to do is put in a sub and amp. I'm sure there is no sub in there plus there is a annoying hissing noise in the car even when the audio is off. I looked inside the sub and all I see is some wires. Didn't take anything apart, just opened the sub cover a little to look inside.

I didn't get the amp or the sub yet so you guys can let me know of any good amp and sub set up there is. Thanks!

Old 07-21-06, 10:33 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

That phone jack is the hookup line for the rockford fosgate amps gain control. Most of the older versions have it, mine has it as well. Not sure bout the new becuase well. New rockford pretty much sucks.

And that "thing" in the engine bay is a fuse. Looks like 8 guage wiring to me.

As far as amps go, check out Elemental Design, Phenoix Gold, Soundstream and JL Audio.

For subs... Well it all depends on how much bump you want and how much space you have to spare... It's all up to you. As far as brands go...

If you have the cash check out Image Dynamics or JL audio

Another great sub comes from elemental design, you get more than you pay for... I've heard many great reviews about them... Im actually sellling my bazooka tubes and amp (rockford fosgate 300 watt punch series), they are great and sound great but i want more... They're about 500 watts RMS each (250 Nominal), 10 inch models. I've been very happy with them but I wanna step my game up to maybe some competition level stuff... I've had the system almost 4 years now. I never overpowered anything so it STILL runs great and I've never had the amp cut out on me.

Last edited by Curry; 07-22-06 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-21-06, 10:36 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Here's a picture of them

Old 07-22-06, 12:23 AM
SnoopyBQ
Pit Crew

Hey thanks for all the info, I would like to install a 10" sub in the original place the OEM sub is powered buy a amp since the rockford fosgate amps gain control is there already. I don't need alot of kick just want a working sub in the car without taking all the room in the trunk.

Did you install your system by yourself? Wanna come do some installing for me? I'll pay you for your work!

What's a good 10" sub that would fit in the original sub place? What is that annoying hissing sound I hear everytime I get into the car?
Old 07-22-06, 12:38 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SnoopyBQ
Hey thanks for all the info, I would like to install a 10" sub in the original place the OEM sub is powered buy a amp since the rockford fosgate amps gain control is there already. I don't need alot of kick just want a working sub in the car without taking all the room in the trunk.

Did you install your system by yourself? Wanna come do some installing for me? I'll pay you for your work!

What's a good 10" sub that would fit in the original sub place? What is that annoying hissing sound I hear everytime I get into the car?
I replied to your PM.

Last edited by Curry; 07-22-06 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-22-06, 10:53 AM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

curry... where you on horace harding @ around 1145 pm a couple nights ago? I thought i saw the camry drive by
Old 07-22-06, 01:23 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC3005SPD1
curry... where you on horace harding @ around 1145 pm a couple nights ago? I thought i saw the camry drive by
Yea I was... I stopped in my store to grab a drink and some gas lol. I'm actually gonna be there the next 3 nights workin... Damn nightshift =/