NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Thank You to the NELOC brotherhood!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 08:34 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thank You to the NELOC brotherhood!

As our story continues in the NELOC drama we know and love. Here's my contribution to acknowledge the closeness that we have as a community.

As some of you have heard (Is it really that hard to keep thing on the DL?) I had an incident in PA. While I was crawling on the expressway at 60 MPH (Damn GS430 / LS400 guys are soooo slow ) my car overheated and in combination with my low oil situation I spun a rod bearing. Needless to say my motor was toast!

The NELOC superheros come to life...!

I'd like to thank:

KevinGS for creating this meet so I could break down. Plus your generous donation of supplies to get me to VA.

Trukn1 for getting my butt towed off the expressway, creating the LS vs. SC debate and looking out for a brother.

Cherplex
for helping me in every way. From the beginning to the end, you've been a true friend.

Plus I'd like to give a special thanx to.....

PJ and VIP GARAGE!

PJ offered the services of his shop VIP GARAGE and his crew (Martin, Super Soap and Johnathan). PJ also donated his 2JZ block to my cause! VIP GARAGE is truely the place to be if you're looking to modify your Lexus in the VA/MD/DC area!

The damage to my car was extensive. The overheated motor melted my 3rd rod bearing and contaminated the oil which in turn clogged my oil pump and siezed my turbos. (Does anyone have a set of 1JZ stock twins to donate?) And for the last 3 days I've removed the engine, rebuild the motor with PJs block and re-install everything on limited sleep! I've also been living on gatorade and Chipoltle (Thanks again Sherwin!)

The crew at VIP GARAGE was very accomodating helping me get supplies and letting me monopolize they're lift.

Long live NELOC.... We have friends here!
Old 07-27-06, 08:44 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Todd, glad to see that things are looking up, and you're right, much love to all my NELOC bretheren.....
Old 07-27-06, 09:01 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

yay its alive again!!
Old 07-27-06, 09:03 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear Todd. You will be up and running soon. Have the guys swap in a 1uzfe instead I will help you out if you need extra hands
Old 07-27-06, 09:07 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Glad you made it back in one piece. Wish we could have all went boosting on these race track roads we have here Maybe the next meet will be at VIP Garage and we could rent out the dyno across the street.

Here's link for VIP Garage. They are still building the site. Click here----> VIP Garage
Old 07-27-06, 09:29 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad u made it home safe. I'm glad that we were able to help.
Old 07-27-06, 09:47 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece bro.
Old 07-27-06, 10:32 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for the kind words... It's good to be home again and look forwrd to my next visit to the VA/MD/DC area.

Cherplex, PJ and Rising_Sun... We're starting the domination of the 1JZ over the 1UZ... Wots a V8? Isn't that a vegetable drink?
Old 07-27-06, 10:46 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Thanks guys for the kind words... It's good to be home again and look forwrd to my next visit to the VA/MD/DC area.

Cherplex, PJ and Rising_Sun... We're starting the domination of the 1JZ over the 1UZ... Wots a V8? Isn't that a vegetable drink?
Ha ha here we go lol........Smitty where is the footage of me and Kevin GS . Speed Cut got me Im good for a 60 to 120 pull
Old 07-27-06, 10:58 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Ha ha here we go lol........Smitty where is the footage of me and Kevin GS . Speed Cut got me Im good for a 60 to 120 pull
Gave the tape to HB to give to Gsoup.
Old 07-27-06, 11:17 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh see, there you go trashing the OG gangsta of Lexus, the 1UZ. I know that she is slow off the jump,,I know that ya reaaalllllyyyyy can't modify the living daylights out of her,, and I know that she don't hold a stick (aside from her cane) in the speed category. However, youngsta, respect her. Were it not for her success here in the US, non of ya would be here (dang siblings!!!!)
I was crawling on the expressway at 60 MPH (Damn GS430 / LS400 guys are soooo slow
Funny, seeing as to how I had to double back to push you off the road and THEN arrange to have you scraggly azzzzz pulled from the road. Not to mention, you were at least a mile behind me when you overheated. LOL!!!!!!
We're starting the domination of the 1JZ over the 1UZ... Wots a V8? Isn't that a vegetable drink?
That V8 might be a vegetable drink, but no doubt whatever it's in, just call them POPEYE baby, cause that engine runs strong LOL!!!!!!!
Anyways,,, glad that I was able to help, glad that you made it home in one piece and don't worry she'll be back up to par soon.
Just remember, next time you come back to MD, dont let this happen, AGAIN, trying to chase down the LS. LOL!!!!!!!!!

I dun pushed you on the trailer once, DON'T LET ME HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!
Old 07-27-06, 12:13 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trukn1

That V8 might be a vegetable drink, but no doubt whatever it's in, just call them POPEYE baby, cause that engine runs strong LOL!!!!!!!
Anyways,,, glad that I was able to help, glad that you made it home in one piece and don't worry she'll be back up to par soon.

Just remember, next time you come back to MD, dont let this happen, AGAIN, trying to chase down the LS. LOL!!!!!!!!!

I dun pushed you on the trailer once, DON'T LET ME HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

Thanx again Tony.... Don't worry the next time I roll through MD.... We'll see who's master of speed!
Old 07-27-06, 12:25 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun

hey,,,watch youur mouth... j/k.... you guys have really impressed me... I almost want to scrap my plans and get a 1jz....who knows Todd thanks for being cool and explaining a few things on the install....glad to see YOU are back on the road... I am still under the hood.
Old 07-27-06, 12:27 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, that looks like a scene from pinks. Are one of us GS guys going to claim an SC? I have room in my driveway

Old 07-27-06, 12:30 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
hey,,,watch youur mouth... j/k.... you guys have really impressed me... I almost want to scrap my plans and get a 1jz....who knows Todd thanks for being cool and explaining a few things on the install....glad to see YOU are back on the road... I am still under the hood.
Hey Malik!

Cmon bro... You told me you wanted to go 1JZ! Most 1UZ guys only make about 210 to the wheels with every bolt-on mod available... Us 1JZ guys are crushing that number. STEP UP and be a MAN! I still got luv for ya...

Quick Reply: Thank You to the NELOC brotherhood!