NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

I swear some people can't DRIVE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-06, 09:18 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I swear some people can't DRIVE!!!

It happened... my 1st accident. I was on 188th goin back to work from my dinner break. I was cruising cuz its raining out. I was on the right side n dey were on the left near the yellow line. Now the idiot decides to make a right hand turn from the left side (which is wrong #1). Then proceeds to turn into my car with out looking. (#2). Good thing I didnt try to brake or speed up, cuz it woulda def been more damage. But ne way, now mah driver side quarter panel is banged in. The wheel rubs on the body over bumps. *******! They gave me a expired insurance card but went to get the right one when I said call the cops. But dey didnt wait for da cops, so I filled out the report by my self.

What should I do.... go thru insurance, or get them to pay out of pocket.

Again.... *******!!!!! What if there was a little kid crossing the street?
Old 09-01-06, 09:30 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow sorry to hear man. It might be a little hard to get them to pay out of pocket If you didnt have them sign a statement admitting that they were at fault. Sometimes after hearing the quote on how much it is to fix the damages people get a change of heart and start denying everything. As to which route you should go, thats a tough one.
Old 09-01-06, 10:56 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty bold statement you have there...and i'm going to keep the race card out of this but i think whether if they were asian, white, or black it is irrelevant. I understand you're frustrated being that you just got in your first car accident so your just pointing fingers at this point...so i'll leave it alone. Being that it was raining it must've been hard to see and it sounds like you were in a blind spot. I think personally if you were such a good driver you would have slowed down...i don't see how that would've caused more damage...but I'm sorry to hear your going through your first accident. I Didn't want any problems, just saw the bold statement and was curious on what had happened. There are alot of people with different ethnic backgrounds on this site and to point one out specifically based on one bad experience i don't think it's right to hold everyone accountable. I think as for your situation though, I hope you got a Driver License number, expiration date, insurance card numbers and license plate. I don't know what you said to the police nor do i know why you let them leave but I would've followed them and filed a hit and run... and that would have ensured my money. but based on what you wrote i would have filed an accident depending on how much information you have and as long as you have that police report and most of their information you should be fine. ask them to pay out of pocket first, just because of your insurance rates, just to keep them as low as possible, get a hold of them real soon and if you feel in anyway things are going nowhere file your claim... and get the process started.Its tough to say though because once they left the accident scene it's basically just he say she say stuff in court. I hope you get your money and things go good and well for you.
Old 09-01-06, 11:27 PM
96sc3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Batmobile
Pretty bold statement you have there...and i'm going to keep the race card out of this but i think whether if they were asian, white, or black it is irrelevant. I understand you're frustrated being that you just got in your first car accident so your just pointing fingers at this point...so i'll leave it alone. Being that it was raining it must've been hard to see and it sounds like you were in a blind spot. I think personally if you were such a good driver you would have slowed down...i don't see how that would've caused more damage...but I'm sorry to hear your going through your first accident. I Didn't want any problems, just saw the bold statement and was curious on what had happened. There are alot of people with different ethnic backgrounds on this site and to point one out specifically based on one bad experience i don't think it's right to hold everyone accountable. I think as for your situation though, I hope you got a Driver License number, expiration date, insurance card numbers and license plate. I don't know what you said to the police nor do i know why you let them leave but I would've followed them and filed a hit and run... and that would have ensured my money. but based on what you wrote i would have filed an accident depending on how much information you have and as long as you have that police report and most of their information you should be fine. ask them to pay out of pocket first, just because of your insurance rates, just to keep them as low as possible, get a hold of them real soon and if you feel in anyway things are going nowhere file your claim... and get the process started.Its tough to say though because once they left the accident scene it's basically just he say she say stuff in court. I hope you get your money and things go good and well for you.
I'm with him. ^^^
Old 09-03-06, 09:19 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel for you in regards to having your accident, but I have to agree that race doesn't play a part as far as what just happened. Its understandable to be upset and vent. Thats normal and its expected. Lets try to focus here on helping you out instead of causing tension amongst us.

So basically they left the scene of the accident and you reported this with the police. correct?
Did you get:
a) drivers license #
b) license plate
c) address

I would suggest on going through the insurance just because they left the scene of the accident, big no-no (if thats the case). I just hope you explained everything to the police and it was put in the report. Keep us updated.