NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Lexfest '06

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-06, 12:50 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
I am a trucker by profession, and they are indeed called chicken lights. The more the merrier is the rule out here, not to mention if you got that kinda money to put into the truck then you can afford to be a big one if you want to. The p,,sy light you are referring to are the fog lights BKA *** lights. Unfortunately, this is the way they identify each other on the road. Sorry bout the thread jack Kevin. time to get back on track.
Threadjack, and derogatory language...a double no-no.

We do have some active females here in CL...so be respectful, gentleman. Take it to PM.
Old 09-19-06, 12:56 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
So....is anyone going? I'm an almost definitely not....unless there is some miraculous caravan of about 10 cars going down. Then that may increase my chances a small bit. But a major caravan from the North is something I seriously doubt will happen at this point.

I'm just curious. There were a lot of "maybes" and "probablies" back in July, but I am sure many of those have fallen into the "can't make it now" category now that it's almost here. It's the nature of life...we're always so 'hopeful'.

Hameed, you still trying to make it? I think PJ is still going, since he's down at VA Tech.
No, unfortunately not Kevin.

It is too long of a drive (over 15 hours and that does not include time for rest/bathroom/food stops). I cannot subject my family to this long of a drive even if it is broken into two days. Our butts (so called iron-butts) will be just too sore........

I hate travelling by myself on such a long drive so that is out of the question also.

I was also offered a flight down to go by myself, but cannot take that offer either for other personal reasons.

I will definitely make it out next year when it is shifted closer to the north.

It will be one heck of a meet and I will miss you all.

Last edited by Hameed; 09-19-06 at 12:59 PM. Reason: corrected text
Old 09-19-06, 01:18 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If we can't get aleast 10 together I prob won't go. That's too long of a drive to not have some northeast company.
Old 09-19-06, 02:05 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Hameed, I totally understand. It's 11 hours for me, and without ANY northeast company, it's a longgggg azzzzz drive.

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
If we can't get aleast 10 together I prob won't go. That's too long of a drive to not have some northeast company.
10???? You aint goin' then.

I'm still going to try and make it myself.
Old 09-19-06, 02:36 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Threadjack, and derogatory language...a double no-no.

We do have some active females here in CL...so be respectful, gentleman. Take it to PM.
You're absolutely right, and I would like to take this time to publically apologize. I know better than that. Just got a little carried away with the thread jacking, and as far as the derogatory language I agree was unacceptable. Ladies, please accept my apologies if my response to a comment made was offensive and I will be more mindful so as not to let this happen again.
Old 09-19-06, 04:11 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

yeah i was one of those people that said they were going but now that i have class on saturdays/mondays im pretty much screwed for weekend trips. Like someone else said, maybe next year if its moved closer north.
Old 09-25-06, 11:00 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's still up in the air for me. I was driving my car around this weekend and that broken motor mount is making me think twice about being that far away from home. But we'll see how the week plays out.

If any NELOC ppl are still coming down 81, i will try to meet up with u all even if i can't make it all the way down to ATL. I know how good the NELOC pit crew is... just in case . But again, we'll have to see what happens this week.
Old 09-25-06, 11:21 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

I am going.... I will be at exit8 rest stop on NJ Turnpike at 10PM. Stef, we can meet up like we discussed. Im meeting a few more heads on the way down.

just give me a call or email or whatever, you got my info.

- Rich
Old 09-25-06, 01:19 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

I'm in there 4sure and exit 8 sounds good to me.

Who else??
Old 09-25-06, 05:50 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

A few of the Lexotic guys then we gonna meet a few heads in DC and sync up by the time we get to Richmond.
Old 09-25-06, 07:47 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

What time and what day are y'all passing thru DC, Diddy and Stef? It's still a long shot for me, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 09-25-06, 07:56 PM
LexFather

Friday night will be at Andretti speedlabs, for fun and dinner. Indoor go karts, games, a sky bar, I got a DJ coming, dance floor and 2 bars. 10% off the Fuddruckers inside. I got some girls coming, lol. Its 15min from the hotel.

My cell is 770-843-1723 (Mike) when your in Atlanta and need help or something....
Old 09-26-06, 11:39 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

What time and what day are y'all passing thru DC, Diddy and Stef? It's still a long shot for me, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
We'll prob be in your area by about 1:30am or so. Come on man, the more the better.

Plus if you caravan with others your a lot less likly to get tired. Not to mention there will prob be passengers that can drive if needed. I'm bringing my cusin with me for that purpose.

Last edited by Stefwilli; 09-26-06 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 11:57 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

We'll prob be in your area by about 1:30am or so. Come on man, the more the better.

Plus if you caravan with others your a lot less likly to get tired. Not to mention there will prob be passengers that can drive if needed. I'm bringing my cusin with me for that purpose.
WTF? Why are y'all driving in the middle of the night on Thursday (or is this Friday night into Saturday morning)? LOL And are you planning on driving straight through to Atlanta once you pass thru DC at 1:30am??? That's AT LEAST 10 hours. I just can't do it in the middle of the night, man. What's the rush? If you pass through around 6 or 7 am, I can do it. Any earlier, and I just can't drive 11 hours straight starting in the wee hours of the morning.

But really, I'm still a long shot. So, you keep your plans. If I can make it, then I will try to leave Thursday night and drive about half way. If not, then my only alternative is to leave Friday morning, around 6 or 7 and drive all day.

Those are my only two feasible driving options for an 11-hour trip.

I'll keep y'all posted. Do what y'all gotta do....if we hook up along I95 somewhere, that's cool. If not, no biggie....

Last edited by KevinGS; 09-26-06 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-26-06, 01:25 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

WTF? Why are y'all driving in the middle of the night on Thursday (or is this Friday night into Saturday morning)? LOL And are you planning on driving straight through to Atlanta once you pass thru DC at 1:30am??? That's AT LEAST 10 hours. I just can't do it in the middle of the night, man. What's the rush? If you pass through around 6 or 7 am, I can do it. Any earlier, and I just can't drive 11 hours straight starting in the wee hours of the morning.

But really, I'm still a long shot. So, you keep your plans. If I can make it, then I will try to leave Thursday night and drive about half way. If not, then my only alternative is to leave Friday morning, around 6 or 7 and drive all day.

Those are my only two feasible driving options for an 11-hour trip.

I'll keep y'all posted. Do what y'all gotta do....if we hook up along I95 somewhere, that's cool. If not, no biggie....
Kev, if you get tired, ill let my cuz drive my car and ill drive yours and let you catch some zzzz's. 11 hours is a lot shorter when you got modded cars to look at the whole way.

We are leaving thursday night and going to drive into friday morn.

10pm NJ departure exit 8nj turnpike
1:30am pickup DC crew (location TBD)
2:30am pickup richmond crew (along 95)
12pm-12:30 arrive ATL

Good Times (make sure we got a video cam)

Quick Reply: Lexfest '06