NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Lexfest '06

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 04:14 PM
Jurassic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NY and NJ guys will be meeting us mid-atlantic people at mile marker 154 off of 95 S in VA, its a rest stop. So if anyone wants to meet us there around 1-2am? Just let me know my cell is 703-906-7471, Justin.
Old 09-28-06, 06:32 PM
LexFather

BTW GA STATE PATROL are royal blue Ford Crown Vis with white/silver. Once you enter GA the speed limit is 70mph most of the way until you pass Road Atlanta and enter Suwanee.

There is HEAVY CONSTRUCTION after then and GWINNETT police cars are white Impalas. In contruction zones the fine is twice as much and from my understanding they are not playing with speeders in this area. After you pass the construction zone you are very close to the hotel, maybe 20 min.

In GA I can recommmend doing 15mph over as the fines are minimal before 15mph.

GA is a DRY STATE after 11:00/11:30 pm SATURDAY NIGHT, as liquor stores are closed on Sunday. You can buy alchololic drinks at restuarants on Sunday.

.08 is the BAL in GA and GA does not fool around with DUI/DWI!

For those traveling along GA 400 SOUTH (towards Atlanta) when they arrive, it is a toll road (50 cents) so have change or cash for the cashier....

In GA your car is your propertyfor those with heat and I'll leave it at that....
Radar detectors are legal...
Old 09-29-06, 08:40 AM
LexFather

REVISED ANDRETTIS DIRECTIONS ATTATCHED!!!!!
(basically take 285 W, to GS 400 N, to exit 8 Mansell Rd, make a left, make a right on Alpharetta Highway, Andrettis is on your near immediate left)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1159542697

Any questions please feel free to call me at 770-843-1723 (Mike)
Old 09-29-06, 09:13 AM
LexFather

DIRECTIONS to the CarWash(s)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...9&d=1159546017
Old 09-29-06, 06:19 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm at Lexfest! Tired as hell since he got me up at 4am to hit the road out of NC...but having a ball meeting all the Georgia and Florida guys. Great to finally put some faces to names. Stef and I caravaned down with Dave and his friends.

Dave is, of course, keeping us all organized and doing a great job of it. And 1Sick is our other GA host...doing a great job keeping us going. Tomorrow should be fun as he11 at the race track.

Great to see Automan again too.

Cherp and Smitty, I have your Lexfest badges, bringin' 'em home.
Old 09-29-06, 07:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Friday Evening Update

We've had a bunch of attendees stop by the Maple room in the meet hotel and register and get information for tomorrow. I'll be here in the 'Maple Room' (which is a little hard to find, just ask at the desk) until 11pm. Most everyone else is now at Andretti's or sleeping.

IF YOU WEREN'T / AREN'T ABLE TO REGISTER TONIGHT, in addition to the race ticket you purchase onsite, you must get one of our Lexfest parking passes to get into the infield hospitality area. You have a couple of options:

1) meet up with 1sicklex, Amy or Morris at Andretti's tonight and get your yellow car corral parking pass

2) Be at the front lobby of the meet hotel promptly at 9am tomorrow morning for the caravan over to the track. The 'Lexfest Team' members (1Sicklex, Amy, Morris, Will / Wiz2 and Mike M) will all have a few extra passes to hand out.

If you can't do either of those and you want to join up with us tomorrow you can:

1) C'mon to the race, buy your ticket and then park in the free (or other infield) areas... If you buy an infield pass and can drive by the corral entrance, we'll get you the pass to get into the corral. Just honk until somebody sees you and lets you in (we have a worker from Road Atlanta that will stop you).

2) If you're local and have cell phone numbers of local members who may be able to meet you outside the entrance with a pass

WHERE OUR CORRAL IS LOCATED:
Buy your tickets by driving by one of the kiosks (no need to get out of your car, you can purchase on the way in). After the ticket booths, you'll turn right into the 'Infield' area and go through a ticket area. Here is where they'll confirm your infield hospitalty pass. You'll proceed:
- directly up the hill
- turn left at top of the hill over the Suzuki bridge
- drive past the Corvette and some Porsche corral areas
- drive past the giant Audi sign and American Flag
- you'll see the vendor villiage to your right.
- drive along the road until the vendor villiage almost ends - our tent is immediately on the left, alongside a Porsche and Audi corral. It's right on the corner with a Lexfest 2006 sign on the gate. I'm going to hang a SELOC or Lexus sign on the fence if I can, or on the tent.
- Turn in BEFORE the tent to get in... if you reach the cross roads beyond the tent, you've gone too far.

Before the race starts we're going to do our best of show voting and raffle so that you can go watch the race and move around without having to travel back to the tentat a certain time.
JUDGING and raffle drawing will be done as soon as the caravan arrives and everyone gets settled...

Judging for 'best in show' between 10:30 and 11am
Raffle and awards between 11:15 and 11:30
The race starts at 11:45...
Old 09-30-06, 06:47 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow sounds like a good turn out!
Old 09-30-06, 02:24 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my damn math class was so totally not worth missing this. God damnit im so mad...im watchin the ALMS race right now ugh damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit i hate having class on saturday crap ugh damnit ahhhhh. At least i applied for a job at lexus yesterday...wouldnt have been here to do that if i went to this. But damn man i messed up.

i have to edit this becaues i still cant express how crappy i feel.

Last edited by 1loudLX; 09-30-06 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 06:48 AM
ElusiveIS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pics for those that couldn't make it... it was def an awesome time!! Again, thanks to Dave and the rest of the lexfest committee for a great time.

FULL Gallery - http://www.elusivemedia.com/gallery/...s/lexfest2006/

A LOT more in the gallery. If anyone wants any hi-res pics of their cars.. just PM me.

FULL Gallery - http://www.elusivemedia.com/gallery/...s/lexfest2006/

Last edited by ElusiveIS; 10-02-06 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-02-06, 10:15 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, Sam I am surprised that you could even drive with as many pics as you snapped off. Great pics and coverage, even though I suspect a littlle IS biasness (LOLl!!!) See, out of all of the Lexus' there, why did the cops have to pick on the black one to pull over (sensing conspiracy. LMAO!!!!) Too bad Stef got pulled and those shots will never let him forget it. Looks like great time was had by all. I know I been on the road too much b/c I could identify every stretch of the highway from the shots down to the state and even mile marker. Great shots!!!!
Old 10-02-06, 10:26 AM
LexFather

PLEASE ALSO POST IN THE OFFICIAL RECAP THREAD!!!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241283

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
WHAT A WEEKEND!!
Old 10-02-06, 12:58 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

I LOVE IT! Thats for pulling over DASHOCKER the other weekend. LOL If it makes you feel any better stef

Old 10-02-06, 02:19 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Raleigh popo showed the Supra no love too. HAHA but no pics of that one
Old 10-02-06, 04:24 PM
LexFather

Write-up to come but BIG HUGE shout out to Steph (Stepwilli) and Kevin (KevenGS), we hung out until 6am Sat morning with my homegirls and my cousin and her friends.......
Old 10-02-06, 06:13 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

^^^ So i heard Stefwilli holla'ed at me at 10AM this morning still in ATL

Quick Reply: Lexfest '06