NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Lexfest '06

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-06, 10:26 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexfest '06

So....is anyone going? I'm an almost definitely not....unless there is some miraculous caravan of about 10 cars going down. Then that may increase my chances a small bit. But a major caravan from the North is something I seriously doubt will happen at this point.

I'm just curious. There were a lot of "maybes" and "probablies" back in July, but I am sure many of those have fallen into the "can't make it now" category now that it's almost here. It's the nature of life...we're always so 'hopeful'.

Hameed, you still trying to make it? I think PJ is still going, since he's down at VA Tech.
Old 09-18-06, 08:53 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Same here if there is a whole ****load of us going then i would go but there hasnt been much talk bout it so who knows

We def should make it next year......Hopefully ill have my LS430 by then
Old 09-18-06, 09:14 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I won't be making it down this year definately will be there next year with the SC and something else maybe ha ha.
Old 09-18-06, 09:23 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
I won't be making it down this year definately will be there next year with the SC and something else maybe ha ha.
Dang it guys I was looking forward to hanging with you again! I think you guys should reconsider and make the trip even if there is not a ton of guys coming from the North once you get here we are going to be rolling deep unless everyone decides not to come.
Old 09-18-06, 06:25 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

OK, OK, I will really do my best to make it Lexfest next week. I will try and work some magic, and come down Friday morning or something.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 09-18-06, 06:56 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you guys have got to be joking. I'm comming from NY to ATL alone, 14hrs. Lets all meet up, ill just see who is going from here and we can pick you guys up on the way. Lets start up the list once again

1. Stefwilli (NY)
2. ????
3. ??
Old 09-18-06, 07:24 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I say NELOC just poll together and buy their own, private, car carrier. There are several members here that are of CDL status, and when we are not hauling for NELOC to different events, then one of us can operate on a day to day function; driver still got to make a living. This way, most of the travel expense will be in just gas for that monster; relative upkeep will be the drivers responsibility since it will also ne a private work vehicle as well. I even got a design picked out for starters. How's this......(LOL!!!!)
Attached Thumbnails Lexfest '06-gallery06freightliner.jpg  

Last edited by trukn1; 09-18-06 at 07:28 PM. Reason: resizing pic (HUGE)
Old 09-18-06, 07:42 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

YES LETS BUY A HAULER! I ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE A SEMI AND JUST PUT ENDLESS AMBER LIGHTS ALL OVER IT PLUS ALL THAT SHINEY CHROME!!!!

sorry, i get excited when i see cool tractors. I was out in one of the parks the other weekend doing some mountain biking, as im doing a downhill run i see this little red thing in the mud i was like WOH THAT WAS A KENWORTH! sure enough i stopped went up and looked at it, some little kid had been walking thru the park with his family i guess and lost his little truck.

Guys lets buy a hauler and make Trukn1 drive our cars around to all the meets so we dont have to clean the bugs and brake dust off when we get there.
Old 09-18-06, 08:01 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
YES LETS BUY A HAULER! I ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE A SEMI AND JUST PUT ENDLESS AMBER LIGHTS ALL OVER IT PLUS ALL THAT SHINEY CHROME!!!
I don't know if this is true but I was talking to a trucker once and he said those amber lights are known as chicken lights or p.ssy lights. He said the more lights you have the bigger the p.ssy you are.

I guess some of the guys that haul on here can let us know if it is true or not.
Old 09-18-06, 08:15 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am a trucker by profession, and they are indeed called chicken lights. The more the merrier is the rule out here, not to mention if you got that kinda money to put into the truck then you can afford to be a big one if you want to. The particular lights you are referring to are the fog lights BKA *** lights. Unfortunately, this is the way they identify each other on the road. Sorry bout the thread jack Kevin. time to get back on track.

Last edited by trukn1; 09-19-06 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-18-06, 09:19 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
What you guys have got to be joking. I'm comming from NY to ATL alone, 14hrs. Lets all meet up, ill just see who is going from here and we can pick you guys up on the way. Lets start up the list once again

1. Stefwilli (NY)
2. ????
3. ??
Stef, I am REALLY going to try. But it's only about a 50-50 chance I can pull it off. When are you leaving NY?
Old 09-19-06, 11:23 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

I'm leaving thurs night around 10pm, so I could pick you guys up somewhere on 95 at around 2am. 4hrs is about how long it takes to get to you all.
Old 09-19-06, 12:30 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm leaving thurs night around 10pm, so I could pick you guys up somewhere on 95 at around 2am. 4hrs is about how long it takes to get to you all.
Hey I am going to be in Atlanta on Friday night as well so you guys give me a call when you get in please. 540-379-3009
Old 09-19-06, 12:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Guys we'll have the registration room open at the meet hotel starting late Friday afternoon & groups will go over to Andretti's starting early evening on Friday (for those interested).
Old 09-19-06, 12:42 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Oh that wont work for me. LOL I aint driving anywhere at 2am, I will certainly fall asleep behind the wheel.

If I can go, I'll leave Thursday around 4 or 5pm at the latest, and then sleep somewhere Thursday night, and then arrive in Atlanta on Friday.

OR, I may just leave Friday morning around 7 am or so, and then arrive in Atlanta early Friday evening.

I'll keep ya'll posted, it's going to be last-minute decision unfortunately...I have to rearrange some stuff to make it happen.

Quick Reply: Lexfest '06