NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC Meet@Team Lexus(BMore) Oct 28th 1PM when the rain stops

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 12:41 PM
sunny068
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They all meet at Northern Parkway and Wabash (northwest baltimore about 15 mins north of Team Lexus), there is a long strip of road that they drag race on, it has one light but its 99% green all the time so they just let it rip. They are up there on sunday too but the real car enthusiasts come on saturday.
Old 10-17-06, 02:32 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this the type of drag races that cops like to break up and impound cars or at the very least give out crazy tickets?
Old 10-17-06, 05:58 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hb55047
is this the type of drag races that cops like to break up and impound cars or at the very least give out crazy tickets?
This is pure street racing at it's finest, my firend. Anything goes and it's run what ya brung. You have to be very careful there b/c the "race track" is the main strip of road and yeah we do run it like a track but the cops are less than tolerant of the sport over that way. They even go so far as to race against you and catch you while you are in the act. Ask me how I know!!! I got popped like this a few years back when I was running a TT 92 Camry (No this isnt a mistype. I modified the ultimate sleeper into a TT Camry. You never knew what was under the hood until it ran away from you) 1undercover guy will challenge you, yall line up, take off and guess who is waiting for you at the end to welcome you to victory lane. Sad part is there really is no where to go, duck, or turn around b/c there is a median strip in the middle of the road. As far as showing off and representing NELOC, this is definately the place to rep at night. If you gonna race over there just be careful. Some of the people in that area tend to get right rude when you reppin harder than they are, and like 40 Lexus might pop off some trouble. Lotta rice there, along with the old school revivals, etc.
Old 10-17-06, 06:40 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sunny068
Count me in for the Team Lexus thing, Sunny068 (LS400). I live in Baltimore and actually know Chuck Goldsborough personally, will he be there Apex, Cherp? As far as parking downtown, we should pile up into a few cars and try to park down there. It won't be too costly but it will be quite a walk and Im not sure how most of you feel about putting your cars on the street. The garages are def more expensive. Good thign about D&B is that even though they are busy, we can play games while we wait for a table. At the harbor its not that interesting while we wait. I hear you Tony about the Loch Raven thing but you know I wanna take everyone to Northern Parwkay Saturday night so they can see the drag racing strip and we can represent Lexus in a big way. Around 9pm everyone who thinks they have a slick car comes out to see and be seen, and its a perfect way for NELOC to show off what they got. If anyone needs hotel info or other random Baltimore stuff just let me know. PM me or get my number from Truckn.
I hope people don't want to go to D&Bs. There's plenty of other places we could go to in the Baltimore area, with much more pizzazz and charm. Hec, you gonna be in OUR town...so we gonna take you to some 'local-yokle' places, depending on what y'all wanna eat. You can do D&Bs in your own town, since they all look the same.

The Harbor is OK for a "tourist", but since we are the host city, we gonna do some Baltimore sh@#! Shrimp cheesesteak subs (yeah, you read that right), half&halfs, crabcakes, crab pretzels (delish!) and some Ol' Bay Wings (yummm!). We got too much good sh@#! to eat and do to wind up at Dave and Busters. Holla!

Is Tuddy coming? If so, we gotta get our caravan on too....but we gotta be careful, MD State police don't play. No crazy stuff on the highway, or you will get nabbed and the ticket is gonna be UGLY.

Cherp, we're meeting around 11am? How 'bout we get our caravan on around 4pm-ish...before it gets dark around 6?

Last edited by KevinGS; 10-17-06 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-17-06, 06:54 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

That timing sounds good for the caravan. We'll figure out where to go etc parking can be a pita and people like me need good clearance for parking etc....
Old 10-17-06, 07:02 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
That timing sounds good for the caravan. We'll figure out where to go etc parking can be a pita and people like me need good clearance for parking etc....
lol yea dont need to be pushing cherps car again
Old 10-17-06, 07:04 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by hb55047
lol yea dont need to be pushing cherps car again
Lol I changed the suspension that shouldn't be happening any more but you never know.
Old 10-17-06, 07:43 PM
is3phil
Driver School Candidate

I am pretty sure that most of the IS300 guys aren't planning on staying too late. We got something planned for late afternoon. Check the my.is thread, I think there are some more peeps in.
Old 10-17-06, 08:32 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is3phil
I am pretty sure that most of the IS300 guys aren't planning on staying too late. We got something planned for late afternoon. Check the my.is thread, I think there are some more peeps in.

IS3.... is your sig correct... man I can have to see your car....
Old 10-17-06, 10:39 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

im one of those guys that r really low n will hopefully have pleasant roads and entrances to deal with..
Old 10-17-06, 11:32 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive decided it would be better off for me to go to class then this. Some reason i think we are going to have a test on that saturday. Ill hopefully meet up with you southern folk next time.
Old 10-18-06, 05:16 AM
sunny068
Driver

KevinGS it sound slike you wanna take our visitors to Bill Bateman's or something. I'm all for that. In all honesty, I think the place with the best crab cakes is Windsor Inn, and that's literally 3-5 mins from Team Lexus too. If you wanna go with the cheesesteak and half&half game Crazy John's will do the trick LOL! As far as racing goes, I wasn't really suggesting that we go down there and actually race, although I know the temptation will get some of you, but I haven't seen anyone get pulled over out there in a long time. It seems like lately the police have a mutual respect for what is going on up there, and they just monitor it to make sure they are close by if any accidents happen.
Old 10-18-06, 05:53 AM
ElusiveIS
Driver

add me to the list:

- ElusiveIS + 1 (IS300)
Old 10-18-06, 06:55 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope people don't want to go to D&Bs. There's plenty of other places we could go to in the Baltimore area, with much more pizzazz and charm. Hec, you gonna be in OUR town...so we gonna take you to some 'local-yokle' places, depending on what y'all wanna eat. You can do D&Bs in your own town, since they all look the same.

The Harbor is OK for a "tourist", but since we are the host city, we gonna do some Baltimore sh@#! Shrimp cheesesteak subs (yeah, you read that right), half&halfs, crabcakes, crab pretzels (delish!) and some Ol' Bay Wings (yummm!). We got too much good sh@#! to eat and do to wind up at Dave and Busters. Holla!

Is Tuddy coming? If so, we gotta get our caravan on too....but we gotta be careful, MD State police don't play. No crazy stuff on the highway, or you will get nabbed and the ticket is gonna be UGLY.

Cherp, we're meeting around 11am? How 'bout we get our caravan on around 4pm-ish...before it gets dark around 6?
Baltimore is cool but the roads suck azz. I dont want to be driving around in circles for 2 and 3 hours like we did for the Harrisburg meet. It cost money to have rims fixed.
Old 10-18-06, 07:13 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sunny068
KevinGS it sound slike you wanna take our visitors to Bill Bateman's or something. I'm all for that. In all honesty, I think the place with the best crab cakes is Windsor Inn, and that's literally 3-5 mins from Team Lexus too. If you wanna go with the cheesesteak and half&half game Crazy John's will do the trick LOL! As far as racing goes, I wasn't really suggesting that we go down there and actually race, although I know the temptation will get some of you, but I haven't seen anyone get pulled over out there in a long time. It seems like lately the police have a mutual respect for what is going on up there, and they just monitor it to make sure they are close by if any accidents happen.
Bill Bateman's wings and pretzels, Crazy John's half&halfs and dogs (they do have some good ish at the Johns), or Windsor Inn's crabcakes...any of these could work. Just no D&Bs please...

And just so everyone knows, if I come to YOUR town, DO NOT TAKE ME TO Dave&Busters please. LMAO

And when I mentioned the cops, I'm talking about on the interstates, not at the inner city racing event. I don't know how the cops are there.

Quick Reply: NELOC Meet@Team Lexus(BMore) Oct 28th 1PM when the rain stops