NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Hmmm. Look what i saw in NYC.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-06, 09:01 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BASTARDS! **** long island, im not going out there no more, i already have to keep an eye out for a ford or chevy, but now dodges too? ya'll can come up to westchester to chill if ya want, i aint messin with the island.
Old 11-12-06, 12:02 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
BASTARDS! **** long island, im not going out there no more, i already have to keep an eye out for a ford or chevy, but now dodges too? ya'll can come up to westchester to chill if ya want, i aint messin with the island.
You think that is bad, come on down here to MD where you not only have to worry about the State Police, but the Maryland Transit Authority as well. These guys use anything they can get their hands on. Laundry list for both organizations include,,
Ford- Crown Vic, Mustang, Expedition, Explorer, Mercury Merauder
Chevy- Impala, Tahoe
Pontiac- GTO
Dodge- Charger

Both of these organizations use both marked and unmarked vehicles. Not to mention they are not just traditional black.
Old 11-12-06, 05:38 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
You think that is bad, come on down here to MD where you not only have to worry about the State Police, but the Maryland Transit Authority as well. These guys use anything they can get their hands on. Laundry list for both organizations include,,
Chevy- Impala, Tahoe
Pontiac- GTO
Dodge- Charger

Both of these organizations use both marked and unmarked vehicles. Not to mention they are not just traditional black.
yea you guys have it bad. i get nervous when i see anything parked on the side of the road, especially if their trunk is open
Old 11-12-06, 06:41 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Sorry to hear man, but like I said, Unmarked Black Chargers are roaming the Queens Nassau Border. Be careful and keep an eye out for that search light mounted on the driver A-pillar!! I see them stop someone EVERY morning on the GCP Westbound at exit 20
Old 11-12-06, 10:26 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

good info to know
Old 11-12-06, 11:28 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

go to my gallery if you want the bigger versions but...is this what those black chargers look like? I took these pix at a police show back in the spring at playland here in rye....it was like, all and only cops there...they were all staring at a 18 yr old kid walking around taking pictures of their crap....me.

I rode in this one, westchester county cop gave me a tour of the parking lot...i got to sit in the...FRONT seat!

And here are some Demo Vehicles they had

Old 11-12-06, 11:30 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trukn1
Chevy- Impala, Tahoe
Pontiac- GTO
Dodge- Charger

Did anyone hear about Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) getting like, 15 marauders in different colors donated to them by one guy? I would love to be thay guy. Get pulled over by a unmarked marauder on the highway...ied be like officer, i hope you know, i GAVE you guys that car. Have a good day, and drive off...lol!

Anyways, chargers definately look the meaniest...but i think i like the classic Crown Vic still. But, i DID go and check on pricing on a black HEMI the other day...they only had silver. After reading this i was like welp, if NYSP is goign to get chargers, i should get one!

Actually now, come to think of it...i think i saw a NYSP black charger myself. I saw a black charger with a whole crapload of lights in the front window on I-287 one morning. Guy was stuck in traffic from an accident. A marked cruiser was coming up on the shoulder, and i noticed from my rear view mirror after i passed, that the charger lit up also and followed the marked blue crown vic...i should have realized then!

Great, i gota study up on how chargers tailights look at night, and where/how the reflectors on the back are...so i can notice them easier.

Last edited by 1loudLX; 11-12-06 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-13-06, 02:12 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 408 Likes on 283 Posts

Great, i gota study up on how chargers tailights look at night, and where/how the reflectors on the back are...so i can notice them easier.

hahaha me too so that next time I'm flying down the highway I don't fly past another unmarked
Old 11-13-06, 05:56 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Gets harder and harder to point them out, especially since they look like everything else now days. Easiest way, for me, is to (a) check the windows. Most unmarked cars are going to have windows that are darker than normal. Pretty much illegal tint. (B) in the daytime, check the rear deck in the back window. Most of the unmark's use the LED lighting with the clear face (white in appearance when not in use, then bright as day when on), No matter how dark the window is, you can normally make out the outline of the light against the back window in several places. Antenna's are another dead giveaway. Any car that you see which has an abnormal amount of antenna mounted on car, then chances are he is incognito. Last thing to look for is the rims, Why alot of them, not all, use the Cragar type rims with the hubcap in the center is beyond me, but another giveaway. Simply put with the rims,, if you see the car with rims that you know for a fact that NOBODY would rock,,,, COP! Bubble dome light on the A pillar is also a good giveaway, but does not apply in all cases, see unmarked in above pic, so be careful. This helps me to identify most of them,, no matter what state I am in. Just a few pointers and tips.

Last edited by trukn1; 11-13-06 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-13-06, 07:45 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

hey trukn1....leds like i have in my truck? Im usually really good at picking out unmarked impalas just by looking at how the tail llights light up, because when they mount the hide-away strobes on the 98-05 impala tail lights....it totally messes up the light. Crown vics are easy as hell because the chrome trim is blacked out in the back. The only civilian version is the LX Sport...which like nobody buys.

one more pointer, if a car is behind you and you cant really see above the rear view mirror on the window to see if a whelen slimlighter/talon or some other LED light, check the cars mirrors on the sides. A LOT of departments are going with the Whelen MirrorBeams, even on their slicktop/unmarked cars.

anyways, trukn1, can you spot out where all the lights are on my truck?
Attached Thumbnails Hmmm. Look what i saw in NYC.-leds.jpg  

Last edited by 1loudLX; 11-13-06 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-13-06, 01:20 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Y would he want to?
Anyways I have read in one of My Road&Track isues that the NYPD vehicles will be 100% changed to Chargers... cool
Also I was assisted by a cop in a Charger in Michigan when my wife hit a deer
Old 11-13-06, 01:26 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

NYPD will NOT be changing to 100% of any vehicle. They specificly said, they want diversity just incase there is a recall or something on one vehicle, that the arent left with all vehicles at the motorpool. The said they will run the ford, chevy and dodge all together.

I sware guys, i think someones following me...GSoup i think you know what im talking about.
Old 11-13-06, 08:53 PM
BOGOTA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blahhhhhhhhhh...........
Old 11-13-06, 11:27 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

anyways, trukn1, can you spot out where all the lights are on my truck?
Kinda hard to see from the pic posted, but will take a stab at it,,,,knowing how you like to light things up, will say...........
Center of dashboard(dead giveaway),, left sun visor near mirror(clip on,,looks like),, outer turn signals (favorite place) ,, inner fogs (next to headlights),,lower inside fogs,,, and let's not forget the 2 little ones you have sitting there behind the grill at the top on either side of the L.

The white faced LED lighting I am referring to is similar to the ones you have in the center of the dash. Check any unmarked car when they pass you and you can normally see, at the very least, their outline pressed against the window. Can normally tell b/c if you know cars, then you will notice that something is out of place.

Last edited by trukn1; 11-13-06 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-14-06, 07:18 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

NYPD will NOT be changing to 100% of any vehicle. They specificly said, they want diversity just incase there is a recall or something on one vehicle, that the arent left with all vehicles at the motorpool. The said they will run the ford, chevy and dodge all together.

I sware guys, i think someones following me...GSoup i think you know what im talking about.
That is right. NYPD isn't changing to 100% of its fleet to chargers. Exactly as you stated they want variety.

Last edited by GSoup; 11-14-06 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Hmmm. Look what i saw in NYC.