NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Hmmm. Look what i saw in NYC.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 12:01 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Trukn1 you went a little extreme. Two Whelen Talon Dual's mounted on my REAR deck @ the top of the window. Front marker lights have strobes in there and i had those little LEDs in the grille.

The one on my dash, is also a whelen talon linear LED. This light is by far the most popular LED dash light along with the Whelen SlimLighter. NYSP is using the Talons in the rear window of their slick top crown vics.

Anyways i hope this lesson on how to spot unmarked police car lights will help some of us avoid getting stopped. Happy Motoring!
Attached Thumbnails Hmmm. Look what i saw in NYC.-leds2.jpg  
Old 11-14-06, 08:45 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, so I went a little overboard with your lighting. I assmued that YOU not only wanted to heard but also seen, LOL!!!! Gotta give me credit for calling out all of the others you had there. Good challenge, considering the pic was a little hard to see. I have seen them in the inner fog light next to the headlight quite often, that is why I called that location out and as far as the lower fogs, wasnt too sure when i listed them but hey,, 1LOUD need to be heard as well as seen.
LOL!!!!
Old 11-14-06, 11:29 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Dont worry, im heard too...

Last edited by 1loudLX; 11-14-06 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-15-06, 06:47 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

found this on wikipedia...and the charger images below also!
As of November 2006, they have been adopted by several police agencies as both marked and unmarked patrol cars. The Washington State Patrol and Oregon State Police have purchased 52[6]. They have also been adopted by the Charles County Sheriff's Office (Maryland), the Newark Police Department (Delaware), and the Alachua County (Florida) Sheriff's Office, and agencies including the Iowa State Patrol,Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Kansas State Highway Patrol, North Carolina Highway Patrol, North Dakota Highway Patrol, Virginia State Police, [[Philadelphia Police], Montgomery County (Maryland) Police, and a number of other state and local agencies are using them as marked patrol units. They are also used in Indiana as marked and unmarked patrol cars. They are used in Passiac County New Jersey, and as an undercover car for the New Jersey State Troopers. Some Canadian police services have purchased the Charger including Peel Regional Police, Ontario Provincial Police, Ottawa Police Service, Peterborough Police, Calgary Police Service and Regina Police Service. The New York City Police Department (NYPD) has also adopted several Chargers as marked patrol cars. Both V6 and V8 models are being adopted, with high patrols favoring the V8 and cities more likely to purchase the V6 [7].

The base police package uses the 3.5 L V6 engine and bright center hubcaps. The 5.7 L Hemi V8 engine and full bolt-on wheel covers are optional.[8]

Old 12-05-06, 05:49 AM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

i've seen them in philly too. theres also a local college that has them for there cops
Old 12-19-06, 11:17 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

just an update, i saw a black Dodge Charger with a pro-gard push bar and LED lights pulling someone over on the FDR drive northbound on sunday afternoon in NYC.
Old 12-20-06, 07:13 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
just an update, i saw a black Dodge Charger with a pro-gard push bar and LED lights pulling someone over on the FDR drive northbound on sunday afternoon in NYC.

where at blair? was it below 59th street? or above 125th street? Because thats where you will usually find the po-po hiding to nab you.
Old 12-20-06, 08:39 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen those in Delaware, and Philly. They're fast as shizzy
Old 12-20-06, 12:21 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSoup
where at blair? was it below 59th street? or above 125th street? Because thats where you will usually find the po-po hiding to nab you.
it was well below 59th street, and i think even below the UN and 34th streets too. It was closer to downtown i think, but i didnt check what exit i was near when i saw him. It looked scary sitting there with its lights on.
Old 12-20-06, 12:24 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

yeah blair i know where they hide at... i figured it was there
Old 12-20-06, 02:55 PM
1JZ300
Lexus Test Driver

they got those, mach1, and a bunch of camaros down here in the south...i hate this place, i wanna go back north
Old 12-20-06, 03:09 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

my friend said he saw a 911 in florida. Now that i wouldnt mind getting pulled over by, ied have to ask the officer for a picture with him.
Old 12-27-06, 12:59 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
Due to NYS Trooper deaths with rear impacted Ford CrownVics, they moved to Dodge.

I have seen a few All Black with cop search light patrolling the Northern State Pkwy and Grand Central Pkwy here. Seen a few pull folks over too
hes right... ive seen it two, an all black CHarger I've seen him with a car pulled over about 4 times already, im on GCP almost everyday. its kinda scary, GCP= Speed Trap
Old 12-28-06, 01:29 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FrankyJ
hes right... ive seen it two, an all black CHarger I've seen him with a car pulled over about 4 times already, im on GCP almost everyday. its kinda scary, GCP= Speed Trap
Where abouts on the GCP??
Only area in nyc I ever see cops laser shooting is on the FDR where the triboro ramp is, queens blvd in front of goldfingers, and west bound on the belt right past the verrezano.
Old 12-28-06, 09:24 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

also don't forget near the mobil station near the cross island pkwy... the police station is actually right there on the westbound side on the right.

i always see them pulling people over a couple of exits after that.

which just gave me an idea.... lets start a speed trap thread so we are all aware of which spots to look out for here in NYC...

Quick Reply: Hmmm. Look what i saw in NYC.