NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Can someone help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-06, 04:29 PM
Tri0 #3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me out?

As those of you who don't know me I owned a 94 sc300 manual. Recently due to a huge flood on my street the motor sucked in water. The flood was so high that my driveway was almost covered with water and the water reached right below my headlights, barely touching them. In an attempt to take the water out of the motor i succeeded and the car started but it seems one of the valves have twisited and a clanking noise was heard. I then decided to let my insurance take it which is geico since I had fgull coverage. they took my car and my title and hired an investigator to make sure I didnt try to scam them. I have proof of the flood by my fire department. Even the whole inside of the car was soaked. They are not trying to F*** me over by telling me there is no way the motor couldve sucked the water. the only way this could happen is if the car was completely sumberged in water up to the hood. Im thinking they really dont want to give me the $$$. I know the 2jz-ge and doesent the motor suck air close to the bottom of the car? Unless you chainged it to another air filter am i right? I couldnt really find the vent but I saw the hosed connected to where you can replace the filter and it kept going down. I need to find a diagram of the motor showing where the hose goes and where the motor sucks the air from. Am I right? Im pretty sure and positive since i cleaned out the water from the motor completely taking it aprart (by the way i never knew changing the spark plugs would be such a *****) please any help will taken. Where could i find a diagram. Since I dont have the owners manual anymore i cant check it.
Old 12-12-06, 06:28 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh?

In an attempt to remove the water from your motor, you decided to take your motor apart? WTF?!? I hope I misread what you wrote. If I haven't, be scared.
Old 12-12-06, 09:33 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you take any pictures when your car was underwater? i'm assuming not since your only proof is word of mouth through the fire dept.

i wish i could help... i'll search the web see if i can find something
Old 12-13-06, 12:46 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure they don't want to give you the money. I applaud you for getting full coverage. They barely gave me liabilty because of some cosmetic issues. I am assuming you are young and they feel they can punk you. Get a lawyer..free counsultation..that would be a great start. I had this problem with my first house. I would start with legal representation.
Old 12-13-06, 07:31 AM
Tri0 #3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol i didnt take the whole motor apart but I felt like I was when I had to remove the manifold to take the water out. The water reached all the way there. Mind you in an attempt to try to make it to work that day I started it. It sucked alot of water. Im gonna try to go to a lexus dealer to see if maybe they can give me a diagram.
Old 12-13-06, 09:29 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you can sign up to TIS and have access to the entire repair manual for a small fee which you can print download..etc.

http://www.techinfo.toyota.com/
Old 12-13-06, 10:11 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Since the insurance will not cover the damages, you will need to obtain an attorney to go after the City. Sounds to me like DEP sewers is at fault with improper drainage. You have 90 days from the date of the incident to file a Notice of Claim against the City. Your attorney will be able to obtain the report from the Fire Dept. Don't let 90 days elapse.