100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

NYC Neloc Last Meet for 2006....DEC. 30th

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-06, 09:00 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I was the surprise "out-of-town" guest. It was great, because NOONE knew I was coming. I was actually returning from upstate (Albany) coming from a big Friday night holiday party (hosted by one of best college friends who lives in Scandinavia now, so I never get to see him)...and then I decided Friday night that I'd leave Saturday morning and stop through NYC and crash The NYC Meet on my way home. After I called my friend to make sure she was in town Saturday night too so I had a place to rest my head, the mission was set.

And it was GREAT to finally meet so many of the NY NELOCers who haven't made it to any of the regional meets...YET.

Cathy (and Allison...don't want the poor girl to think I left her out) - Always great to see you two. Cathy, the car looks oh-so-sweet with the new rims, tinted tails & Tanabe exhaust...and your creativity is amazing. You represent our lady NELOC side well. Of course I have to give a shout out to Allison for trying to get a brother some work in Maryland. Much love for her for even thinkin' of a bruh...

1loudLX - good to finally meet you, old-timer...but you're actually anything BUT. I expected some 40 year-old guy with 5 kids, instead 1Loud is a twenty-something, baby-faced NELOCer...who looks like he could be your little brother. I was stunned. So funny how our internet personas create images in our minds that are sometimes very different from reality.

Anyway, great to meet you, 1loud. You had the LX flying through traffic for sure. I was behind you, shocked at how well you were weaving thru traffic in that big truck. Thanks for sharing the Cat-Cookie (VERY yummy, Cathy! I know Malik's jealous LOL). And thanks for the light show. If I ever get the ***** to add such a mod to my car, I'll definitely be in contact.

Hugh - Always a pleasure... good luck on the reconfiguration of the Carputer. And of course, when ever your in Maryland, holla! We have places to go, and things to touch...I mean, see. LOL

JuneIS - I love the angel eyes, man. And you are a nut. Nice to break bread with you at dinner. You a fool.

ONEHOT- Great to see you again, man....

Nysupraman - Good to see you again (you have the red Supra, right?)

Risingsun - Always a pleasure...so glad you could make it out. And yes, I owe you some hot, steamed, ol' bay seasoned crabs. And the car sounds incredible...with one helluva squat. The new configuration really catapults your car out of the gate now... love that new found power.

GSoup - Much love for being an OG in NELOC and keeping this regional camraderie poppin'... I know you got some big things planned for us as we NELOCers move forward. Thanks in advance for being a mover and a shaker...and good luck on the GS project. Just be patient, and do everything right the first time...you'll be happier in the end. Thanks for always showing me love...

Sleeper97 - Nice azz car, man... Good to see it again, and thanks for the additional pictures

DASHOCKER - glad to finally meet you, Shock...you are another one who looked different than I was expecting, even though I don't know WHAT I was expecting. LOL I hope to see you at a regional meet this spring in Atlantic City or Harrisburg. Stop frontin' and just caravan down with the rest of those NY NELOCers. LOVE the freshly wet-sanded paint, and love the molded TTE lip...nice job.

Derrick - Great to spend some time with you, man. Of course, you make that "ugly" 7 series shine like a bright star in the night. LOL I can't help but gawk at the ride....it's those rims, and that stance. That'll do it everytime. I can already tell, when it comes to cars, we are kindred spirits. We think the same, but I have a lot to learn from you. Expect me to pick your brain over the next few years, as I work on my GS...and then eventually make moves to have my own Bimmer. That new 3 Coupe is right up my alley too. Add some 20s, drop it a tad, and OH MY! I love my Lex, but it's GOT to be German next time.

And thanks tenfold for bringing Adrian (Bluelex from Florida) to Stef's house, it was an immense pleasure meeting him. Man, he's such a nice guy.

And yes, I was bummed that the son couldn't make it. I am sure The Mrs. had something to do with it....so in the end you had to "compromise" and keep the peace. I KNOW HOW IT IS...that's why I didn't give you such a hard time. Next time, I'll meet little D2 though.

Stef - Much love for inviting me to the holiday event at your new crib, and thanks for the generous hospitality. Bayonne is quaint... I had a great time meeting the family, and of course, I talked BlueLex's poor ears off...but I was so excited to meet the man behind that car (which is my undisputed CL favorite). As always, thanks for the love, and I look forward to 2007 events planned with the D2 crew.

Kilo - Stunning pictures.... When I'm ready to update my digital camera, I'll holla. The rearview mirror pictures were friggin' tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Pockby - thanks for your pics too.... We can never have enough. I like the one you took of my car.

To everyone else who was there, great to see you all. Thanks for showing the out-of-town guest so much love. I'll sneak up on ya'll again in 2007, I hope.

Tuddy, sucks you weren't feeling well. I was hoping to catch you. Happy Holidays to you and your fam....

And djjt, you missed out. What was it THIS time? LOL

Happy New Year!

NELOC is going to keep getting bigger and better... And we need to get even MORE footage for a decent NELOC DVD...so expect some more planned footage gathering at the 2007 regional meets. Those in Harrisburg remember how much fun those mountain runs were.

Sidenote: Who's the guy that came late with the silver GS with the square tips and the full veilside kit ? I forgot his CL name, but he is also a nut. He had me rollin'...

Last edited by KevinGS; 01-01-07 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-31-06, 09:05 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96gti2.0t
nice pics and i made it home nice and safe thanks for asking. i was all motivated when i got home yesterday so today i started on the black interior should have pics up soon think im gonna put my exhaust on soon PM me if you have suspension stuff you wanna get rid RISING SUN
Glad you made it home safely, GTI...

He was another out-of-town guest, all the way from Allentown, PA.
Old 12-31-06, 09:20 PM
2GTSVETTE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

happy new year guys...
Old 12-31-06, 09:55 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just droppin a quick note from the celly... Happy new year's to all!!!
Old 12-31-06, 10:08 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinGS
1loudLX - good to finally meet you, old-timer...but you're actually anything BUT. I expected some 40 year-old guy with 5 kids, instead 1Loud is a twenty-something, baby-faced NELOCer...who looks like he could be your little brother. I was stunned. So funny how our internet personas create images in our minds that are sometimes very different from reality.

hahah guess what, im only 19 not even in the 20 something yet!
Old 01-01-07, 01:38 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

dude, believe me i SOOOO WANTEDDDD TOO GOOOO i was planning on it. it was the closest meet EVER TO WHERE I LIVE... i'm in flushing.. SHIZ man

just new year's event craziness. i worked from 8PM to 6.30AM DJing last night... i'm so cracked out right now.

damnittttttttttt blahhhhhhhhhhhhh

for the love of my car and the love of my profession man... the profession pays lol without it, i wouldn't own a GS

i also email'd GSOUP at like 5pm on his blackberry but no reply.
Old 01-01-07, 02:30 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

he was probably in the middle of tearing down the highway trying to catch rising_sun. He never cought up tho because he isnt boosted yet, but 2007 shall change that! I know i sure as hell was wayyyyyyyyyy behind but thats where i guess i get left, until i get a new car that is. Then we can see who owns what.
Old 01-01-07, 02:32 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

Looks like yall had a good turn out. Pics look good as usual. Ive been havin serious car problems.... now my clutch has gone out. I have to put her down now and save up for a complete overhaul
Old 01-01-07, 06:43 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Pics!!!!!! Looks like all you had a really good time Great Turn Out!
Even the out of towner KevinGS rolled through!!Sry i missed your appearence man.
Hopefully I can make the next one, Lets have it soon!!
Old 01-01-07, 06:45 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

It was nice to meet more folks at the meet. Sorry I couldnt Stay much longer. It was a spur of the moment thing. Either way I had fun.

Todd the car sounds mean. glad you got things squared away. (I didnt you anything except point you in the right direction with EMB) Congrats on getting it running nice!!
Old 01-01-07, 07:33 PM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I missed it for the second time, i too got stuck at work like some people here... It sucks that I missed it but nice to know everyone had a good time. I think i'm gonna vacation day the next meet
Old 01-01-07, 07:33 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

I'm going to keep it short... I want to thank each and everyone who showed up. It was a great turn out and a pleasure to see my NELOC family once again. Good to see old faces and new ones. . Without you there wouldn't be a NELOC. Its a pleasure to be a part of something so unique and to be around so many individuals that have become my extended family. I look forward to all of us making big things happen in '07. It was wonderful end of the year meet and hopefully a glimpse of what is to come in 2007.

I would also like to wish you and your loved ones a happy new year.

Oh and to those who think they haven't really caught the mod bug... you have, you just don't know it yet. LOL

Last edited by GSoup; 01-01-07 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-01-07, 07:36 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

^^^ Nice to finally meet you after reading all the posts! Looking forward to more meets this spring! Lexotic is tryin to organize a drive out to Indy for the F1 Racing. Hopefully some NELOC heads will roll with us!
Old 01-01-07, 07:40 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Likewise Rich. We always missed each other in other the meets.

Don't worry though i'll be in contact with you soon about some ummm .. you know things that go pssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 01-02-07, 05:24 AM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see you guys had a good time. I wish I could have come up, but I had to much going on the following day to try and make the 6hr haul. Nice to see people coming out, I guess it's nice to be able to have a meet in late Dec. period, lol. Looking forward to 07 !!!

Quick Reply: NYC Neloc Last Meet for 2006....DEC. 30th