NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Be careful everyone...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 05:36 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
I dont know whether to laugh or to cry....

Maybe I'll chuckle due to the fact that a Dodge Neon, Honda Accords, and Nissan Altimas do not come to mind when I think of nimble fast cars that are "race worthy".

This is what happens to people who think a 120hp car can contend with supercars. This sort of thing happens to folks that do not know the limits of their cars and egos.

Yes it sux to be him, but am I surprised? No.

This clearly illustrates the superiority of Toyota/Lexus design

Don't make an *** out of yourself by making accusations about vehicles that you don't know that well
Old 02-06-07, 06:59 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe I'll chuckle due to the fact that a Dodge Neon, Honda Accords, and Nissan Altimas do not come to mind when I think of nimble fast cars that are "race worthy".

This is what happens to people who think a 120hp car can contend with supercars. This sort of thing happens to folks that do not know the limits of their cars and egos.

I have seen firsthand some Neons and Accords that would blow the doors off most cars on the street. EXTREMELY quick Neons and Accords are out there for sure, slammed to the ground. Street legal go-karts is what they are. They may not have a lot of HP, but they have far less weight. 250hp to the wheels is all you need to make one of those a rocket when modded correctly.

And Lexuses and Toyotas crash just like Hondas and Neons. Superiority of design may save your life, but often won't save you from the wreck itself. Driver ego > superior design
Old 02-06-07, 09:08 PM
russian
Driver

theres a difference between having some fun on the street and doing stupid crap

going 95+ in overcast conditions = DEE DEE DEE

but I still feel sympathy for this poor kid
Old 02-06-07, 10:58 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Joe and Kevin. Nicely said. This thread isnt an argument of horsepower or what type of car you drive. But considering that our actions on the road and what happens when you act like an idiot. Any car becomes pliable at the speeds of which most of us drive. Doesn't matter what you drive it matters how you drive.
Old 02-07-07, 11:13 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
LittleGz, i hope the IS doesnt have tinted tailights...maybe thats why the person behind you slammed you.
Ah no it doesn't. It wasn't my tinted tails, the tint wasn't dark enough. My break lights were completely visible. I sprayed them myself so not to make them too dark. The guy who hit me was speeding and I was sitting at a Red light. He hit me going 35mph. He wasn't paying attention.

Last edited by LittleGz; 02-07-07 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-07-07, 11:17 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe C
Don't make an *** out of yourself by making accusations about vehicles that you don't know that well
Too late he already did. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 02-07-07, 11:44 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok lets get back on track here and let it go. He's entitled to his opinion, lets leave it at that. Any more replies to BDiddy in regards to it will be deleted and if it really gets out of hand this thread will get shutdown.
Old 02-07-07, 01:23 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Bdiddy's defense, he may not have noticed that the car was a 250hp/280lb-ft torque SRT-4 as opposed to a 120hp base, older Neon.
Old 02-07-07, 06:37 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Actually, the car that was wrecked had a big turbo kit on it (stage 3 from mopar) So he was probably closer to around 340whp/360wtq.
Old 02-14-07, 01:37 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe C
Actually, the car that was wrecked had a big turbo kit on it (stage 3 from mopar) So he was probably closer to around 340whp/360wtq.
No defense needed - thanks though, but peak hp of a car does not define its performance. If you feel it does, you are foolish.

I know more about cars than you think. Dont get it twisted. You think a 360hp Dodge Neon will perform like a 360hp Corvette? HAHAHA....please.
Anyone can make a car go fast, Im not arguing that.

Consider Safety, braking, suspension performance as well.
Old 02-14-07, 06:28 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Let's not turn this into a pissing match, because that's what it'll end up becomming