NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NJ/NY Court/Ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-07, 01:46 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ/NY Court/Ticket question

ok... i'm a NYS licensed driver, not suspended...

i get pulled over for speeding in NJ, get a ticket for that...

days later, i get another ticket in the mail from the same NJ court saying that I was driving with a suspended license...

is that even possible? how does NJ even find out if a NYS license is suspended or not? and my license is NOT suspended so... what the frick.

both tickets were handwritten... the time on both was the same, but i only recieved one from the trooper when i got pulled over. so that doesn't make any sense. so i'm guessing the trooper just made up another one later on for fun or some shiet.

ideas?
Old 02-10-07, 03:56 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they mean you are suspeneded in NJ. Do you have a old ticket in NJ? it is possible to be suspended in other states and not your home state. if the DMV's don't interface.
Old 02-10-07, 04:01 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Did NJ troopers see the video you posted?
Old 02-10-07, 06:43 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, thats a good one Sean. My friend got his car impounded and driven home (cop didnt arrest him for some reason). His licence had been up on suspension for 17 days, but somehow the system still said it was suspended, what gives with these false suspension tickets lately?
Old 02-12-07, 08:50 AM
djjt
Lead Lap

mad stupid... i guess i'm going to court this wednesday to try to clear it up...

shocker, aren't you a lawyer? hehe
Old 02-12-07, 01:23 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by djjt
mad stupid... i guess i'm going to court this wednesday to try to clear it up...

shocker, aren't you a lawyer? hehe
Only if the cops break some of your ribs, knock out some teeth, or hit your car will I get involved Kangaroo court(traffic court) is not a true court. It is a he said she said proceeding. You can do a proper job on your own.
Old 02-12-07, 01:36 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

KANGAROO COURT LOL

wel... what do you think of this? i emailed a previous traffic court lawyer i used...

On 2/6/2007, 1:30AM I received a summons for speeding 75 in a 50. Days later, I received IN THE MAIL another summons stating that I was operating as a suspended driver. The summons in the mail was handwritten by the same officer and dated for the same date and time. Is he allowed to do that? Can a person get a hand written ticket in the mail? The summons were 5 tickets apart (the ticket number was 154742 for speeding, and 154748 for suspended driver) so the officer would've had to issue 5 other tickets within the same exact minute - quite impossible.
Old 02-12-07, 01:56 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

KANGAROO COURT LOL

wel... what do you think of this? i emailed a previous traffic court lawyer i used...

On 2/6/2007, 1:30AM I received a summons for speeding 75 in a 50. Days later, I received IN THE MAIL another summons stating that I was operating as a suspended driver. The summons in the mail was handwritten by the same officer and dated for the same date and time. Is he allowed to do that? Can a person get a hand written ticket in the mail? The summons were 5 tickets apart (the ticket number was 154742 for speeding, and 154748 for suspended driver) so the officer would've had to issue 5 other tickets within the same exact minute - quite impossible.
The cop probably ran a dmv once more when reviewing his tickets, and probably discovered a suspension on file. Who knows, this is possible & not out of the ordinary. Cops usually jot down notes in their memobook after each stop. Detectives have DAR's which is their version of a memobook. The entry on that day will be a key indication of what transpired. If you go at this pro-se, ask the judge to review his memobook entry for that day.... Did you get a response from the kangaroo court lawyer?
Old 02-12-07, 03:12 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

no, no response yet...

i'm planning on going in to the DMV tomorrow to see if:
#1 if I am suspended.
#2 if not, get a letter stating that I'm not suspended

then bring it to court in NJ on Wednesday to tell them i'm not a suspended driver. i pretty damn sure I don't have a previous unpaid ticket in NJ.

what's ur email? email me at juniortai@gmail.com

charles
Old 02-12-07, 05:24 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

no, no response yet...

i'm planning on going in to the DMV tomorrow to see if:
#1 if I am suspended.
#2 if not, get a letter stating that I'm not suspended

then bring it to court in NJ on Wednesday to tell them i'm not a suspended driver. i pretty damn sure I don't have a previous unpaid ticket in NJ.

what's ur email? email me at juniortai@gmail.com

charles
Email sent
Old 02-13-07, 01:04 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

thanks shocker, got the email... went to the DMV to clear things up... i basically just owed them $25... the suspension period already passed. by the time i got the ticket, the suspension period already passed by 4 months, so i'm sure i can get it dismissed in court tomorrow.