NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club
View Poll Results: Vote or Die......
Original Logo
65.31%
New 2007 Logo
34.69%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07, 11:40 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Old school all the way Folks are actually going to apply this decal to their bumpers? ehhh..
yeah.. I almost forgot I am 36....but that decal looks sweet on his bumper..
Old 02-22-07, 11:40 AM
RacerLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When is the last day to vote? The race is so close, I might be the winning vote! And yes, my vote can be bought!
Old 02-22-07, 11:52 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
PERSONALLY, i would like to see a blend of the two. Maybe the newer one has full lettering and slightly more bold....i cant decide which one i want...

please excuse me Apex for editing your design, but this is what i'm feeling...it prevents that "WTF does that say" thought.
trukn1
Basically you force people to think and try to figure out what it says, so original it is for me or offer up a different font for the 2007
I agree with Trukn1. Exactly what I thought.

I think if you gave this top font more body and the bottome font the same as the original bottom font, it'll look super!
Old 02-22-07, 11:57 AM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Default I Concur

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
i'm sticking with the original.... the original is simple, clean, and classy

why are we changing our logo again???

I definitely agree that the original logo looks much classier. The new logo is very nice but does not really match our cars. It does look good on the IS though but I do not think it would be as nice on a GS or LS for instance.
Old 02-22-07, 12:08 PM
ISDreams
Lead Lap

^ y eveyone treats the IS like the lil step child lol
maybe a blend of both i do like the original but i also feel with a newer design we could stand out from the CL groupin just my .02 cents thanks for reading
Old 02-22-07, 12:37 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gsCrazy
I definitely agree that the original logo looks much classier. The new logo is very nice but does not really match our cars. It does look good on the IS though but I do not think it would be as nice on a GS or LS for instance.
I bet if I put it on an LS or GS it would look great. If you guys want to see what it looks like let me know. Send me a decent pic.
Old 02-22-07, 12:43 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm all for the original logo. Looks classy. the new 2007 one reminds me too much of the Playstation 2 font. Does not fit your cars... including the IS. It's a Lexus.
Old 02-22-07, 12:45 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
I bet if I put it on an LS or GS it would look great. If you guys want to see what it looks like let me know. Send me a decent pic.
Try it on the front bumper of mine for the GS crew..

Old 02-22-07, 12:48 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
What I'm getting at is "if it ain't broke why fix it??". There's also the issue that everytime someone pops a different "logo" on a thread, will we switch up?
Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
i'm sticking with the original.... the original is simple, clean, and classy

why are we changing our logo again???
Not sure to be honest with you Cat... People are just running with it like a Crackhead with your purse...

but here is the post started the commotion...

Originally Posted by trukn1
Any other shade of blue and I would say no, but since yours is a deep, dark shade, I think it will set it off. Go for it. Loving the airbrushedf NELOC decal on the bumper BTW!!!
LMAO... yeah it was good 'ol tony aka truk'n...
Old 02-22-07, 01:02 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Here lets reminisce a little bit with the old one..

Old 02-22-07, 01:22 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISDreams
^ y eveyone treats the IS like the lil step child lol
maybe a blend of both i do like the original but i also feel with a newer design we could stand out from the CL groupin just my .02 cents thanks for reading

Guys if you want to stand out from the CL group then why not put all the 'logo' effort into becoming a legitimate car club outside of CL where the logo will mean something.

Not knocking anyone but half the responses here are being generated because they are 'new' people who just want window stickers (and there's nothing wrong with that) but what will it mean? Right now we have close to 200 'members' in this forum (forum not club) but participation in the threads, organizing meets, helping new members, etc is sparse when it comes down to it. Now I'm not knocking anyone's desire to put decals on your car but lets try and make NELOC mean something, or else just wait for Dave to generate the new version of the CL sticker...

Q: What's NELOC?
A: Well it's a part of Club Lexus where people from the northeast region talk online.

Q: Do you guys do anything?
A: Nope

Q: How many members, I see Lexus' all over the place, you guys must be pretty stong?
A: Close to 200

Q: Wow I bet your meets are pretty spectacular huh?
A: Yessiree, we get the same 10 cars together once a month and stand outside

Q: (silence)
A: (silence)

LOL, I'm just being sarcastic but think of the name we have NORTH EAST Lexus Owners Club, the name has the potential to hold plenty of weight behind it in terms of getting a club discount on: parts, service, meets, etc. I know we fall under the CL umbrella but there's no reason why NELOC can't be mentioned in a sentence all by itself.

We've generated 3 pages of threads on opinions about designing a logo and if people feel so strongly about a design, shouldn't we do something about strengthening our brand so that joining that brand requires more than coming into a forum and adding your name to the bottom of an arbitrary member list?

We can even get little napkins to put in our cupholders
Old 02-22-07, 01:37 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't even feel apart of neloc anymore thats how long its been since i have been to a meet. Hopefully if I'm back in town I'll try to come out Sunday
Old 02-22-07, 02:15 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Tuddddddddddddddddddddy welcome back!!!

Last time i saw u it was on the northeast section ..........hahahahahaha LOL

i guess will let the poll's decide! looks like original is going for it

Dont get it how there's only 40 votes and allmost 200 members of neloc
Old 02-22-07, 02:32 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Guys if you want to stand out from the CL group then why not put all the 'logo' effort into becoming a legitimate car club outside of CL where the logo will mean something.

BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH

The list is going to be reviewed, there are some members on that list that don't even own a lexus anymore.

It has been some chatter about it amongst the NELOC MODS (Cherplex, Rising Sun, and myself). We're trying to figure out how to go about it. If you have suggestions feel free to drop us a PM.

Oh cliff by the way .. very nice how you shared your napkins that you carry in your car with us
Old 02-22-07, 04:56 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
Not sure to be honest with you Cat... People are just running with it like a Crackhead with your purse...

but here is the post started the commotion...

LMAO... yeah it was good 'ol tony aka truk'n...
Now just wait a hot minute here,, I am NOT going to be held responsible for kicking this debate of old vs new off. I agree with the majority of the members here in saying that I agree that a little change may be in order,,HOWEVER,,,,, I was also very specific in complimenting the way that the logo looked on HIS car. That very same logo IMO would not work for a majority of the vehicles here. Primarily, those of you who have strong, flowing body lines and curves to your cars MIGHT(and I use that word sparingly) be able to pull this off. I however am being honest, my car is square, boxed off, not a curve on the thing,, so I cannot see that design working on my car. This is why the original works fine for me. Beef up the lower portion of the logo and it will be fine. As far as placement,, on an IS and possibly and SC the new design may look very well b/c of the proportions of this car. On a GS, DEFINATELY AN LS, or even the ES I dont think it will blend in well with the car. I think the goal is to keep it classy, yet sophistocated. Different, yet organized. You want people to look at the vast amounts of work that you have put into your prized posessions first, and then notice the sticker and have them think "Bold and classy design (car) simple, classic, not overbearing logo." The last thing you want to do is have a logo on an upscale brand of vehicle which strongly borders' on the rice factor. I applaud the original thinking here, so please dont think that I am in any way trying to beat down anyone for having a thought which will propel us into further greatness.

Last edited by trukn1; 02-22-07 at 05:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.