NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club
View Poll Results: Vote or Die......
Original Logo
65.31%
New 2007 Logo
34.69%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07, 05:15 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a pic of my car from exactly 1 year ago. A little has changed but not much. Let me see how the new design works here.
Attached Thumbnails Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.-102_0508.jpg  
Old 02-22-07, 06:29 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fully retract my vote and will allow you guys to fight to the death. When a decision is made by the governing body, please inform me which sticker i should have on my truck.

Thank you,
Fed Up

PS:People showing up to meets to recieve stickers should be our first priority, not what design we have...well over 60% of NELOC doesnt show up.
Old 02-22-07, 06:33 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
I fully retract my vote and will allow you guys to fight to the death. When a decision is made by the governing body, please inform me which sticker i should have on my truck.

Thank you,
Fed Up

PS:People showing up to meets to recieve stickers should be our first priority, not what design we have...well over 60% of NELOC doesnt show up.
Old 02-22-07, 07:21 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Guys if you want to stand out from the CL group then why not put all the 'logo' effort into becoming a legitimate car club outside of CL where the logo will mean something.

Not knocking anyone but half the responses here are being generated because they are 'new' people who just want window stickers (and there's nothing wrong with that) but what will it mean? Right now we have close to 200 'members' in this forum (forum not club) but participation in the threads,
Q: Wow I bet your meets are pretty spectacular huh?
A: Yessiree, we get the same 10 cars together once a month and stand outside.........

Q: (silence)
A: (silence)

LOL, I'm just being sarcastic but think of the name we have NORTH EAST Lexus Owners Club, the name has the potential to hold plenty of weight behind it in terms of getting a club discount on: parts, service, meets, etc. I know we fall under the CL umbrella but there's no reason why NELOC can't be mentioned in a sentence all by itself.

We've generated 3 pages of threads on opinions about designing a logo and if people feel so strongly about a design, shouldn't we do something about strengthening our brand so that joining that brand requires more than coming into a forum and adding your name to the bottom of an arbitrary member list?

We can even get little napkins to put in our cupholders
Originally Posted by GSoup

The list is going to be reviewed, there are some members on that list that don't even own a lexus anymore.

It has been some chatter about it amongst the NELOC MODS (Cherplex, Rising Sun, and myself). We're trying to figure out how to go about it. If you have .....
funny but true...My card has been pulled and I vow to make more meets this year. but if others don't step up with me I will be forced to buy a VW drop....
Old 02-22-07, 07:42 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

exactly...that made me laugh but it is so true...i went to a CL meet in cali last weekend....the turnout was spectacular...everyone kept asking me..so how are your meets in NY...i was so embarrassed to say only like 10 people show up!!
Old 02-22-07, 09:41 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hopefully with the monthly meets more people will come out instead of most of the meets being held in LI or the tip of queens..back on topic anyway

I say just stick with the present logo since people already have them on there cars and the ones that don't have a neloc sticker oh well lol get your own made
Old 02-23-07, 06:16 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I truly hope we settle this.....regardless of what logo we go with.

I have made a lot of arrangements with Carlisle....we are the featured club at the show and will have an article in the event magazine at the show. THAT's how to educate people on what NELOC is. I would be totally embarrassed if anyone found out how we conduct ourselves just to pick out a logo. Let's just make a decision and move on. The decision impacts a lot of things like banners, decals, T-Shirts, etc...
Old 02-23-07, 06:21 AM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think we need to remember why we are here, we all share enthusiasm over a common point of interest. I for one would support NELOC in any direction it goes, however it would seem as though there are pros and cons to the different avenues. CL as a whole is a huge gathering of people sharing information, thoughts, ideas, and the love of modifiaction. NELOC is a subchapter of CL, and allowed us to get together, share ideas locally, and help each other with projects. I personally have enjoyed the commrodary and familial bond that many of us now share. If we were to become more of a "club" would that scare other would be enthusiasts from coming to hang out and learn more about their cars? On the flip side of things I would love to see more members out at the meets and maybe belonging to something more tangible would help this along. In any case I'm sure we all have more significant things going on in our lives, than to create drama over a logo. I'm not saying that I'm for one side or the other, I just think we need to keep things in perspective. I'm sure NELOC will come together with the help of everyone, after all we really only have 1 year of regional meets under our belts. People will always have different thoughts and ideas of what something should be, maybe that's why there's SELOC, and seperate groups like Team SOLO (Wringo,Bluelex,etc) within SELOC. Just keep in mind we are all here for fun,lol.
Old 02-23-07, 06:40 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GREED777
I think we need to remember why we are here, we all share enthusiasm over a common point of interest. I for one would support NELOC in any direction it goes, however it would seem as though there are pros and cons to the different avenues. CL as a whole is a huge gathering of people sharing information, thoughts, ideas, and the love of modifiaction. NELOC is a subchapter of CL, and allowed us to get together, share ideas locally, and help each other with projects. I personally have enjoyed the commrodary and familial bond that many of us now share. If we were to become more of a "club" would that scare other would be enthusiasts from coming to hang out and learn more about their cars? On the flip side of things I would love to see more members out at the meets and maybe belonging to something more tangible would help this along. In any case I'm sure we all have more significant things going on in our lives, than to create drama over a logo. I'm not saying that I'm for one side or the other, I just think we need to keep things in perspective. I'm sure NELOC will come together with the help of everyone, after all we really only have 1 year of regional meets under our belts. People will always have different thoughts and ideas of what something should be, maybe that's why there's SELOC, and seperate groups like Team SOLO (Wringo,Bluelex,etc) within SELOC. Just keep in mind we are all here for fun,lol.
Very well put, Craig. In the scheme of things it really is minute, but my point was why change the logo on a whim. That is why I agreed with OohPapi instead of worrying about logo's (We already have one) we should focus on making NELOC something we can look forward to. I also have to agree with Mark in regards to his perspective, lets get it rolling and make this a better year than last.
Old 02-23-07, 09:33 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Delete this thread...old sticker please...im going to go get a couple made right now.
Old 02-23-07, 11:10 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah let move. It was pointed out that all of this started from a certain compliment, and turned into this big thing. It doesn't matter which logo we go with seeing as the basis of NELOC wouldn't change. So in other words there's no need for change. Lets shut down the thread and move. I need to start moving ahead with the shirts, decals, banners etc. Can't wait til Carlisle. Hopefully most of us will make it.
Old 02-23-07, 11:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

The people have spoken and the polls will close ahead of schedule.