NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club
View Poll Results: Vote or Die......
Original Logo
65.31%
New 2007 Logo
34.69%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 06:08 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.

The Original

Or This

Last edited by plex; 02-21-07 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 06:17 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I voted for the original logo. While the 2007 logo is nice and has a more contemporary feel to it, the fonts on the NELOC lettering is all wrong in my opinion (can be hard to read at a quick glance). Basically you force people to think and try to figure out what it says, so original it is for me or offer up a different font for the 2007.
Old 02-21-07, 06:30 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know I'm down for the new one.
Old 02-21-07, 06:45 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PERSONALLY, i would like to see a blend of the two. Maybe the newer one has full lettering and slightly more bold....i cant decide which one i want...

please excuse me Apex for editing your design, but this is what i'm feeling...it prevents that "WTF does that say" thought.
Attached Thumbnails Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.-image111.jpg  

Last edited by 1loudLX; 02-21-07 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 06:48 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by trukn1
I voted for the original logo. While the 2007 logo is nice and has a more contemporary feel to it, the fonts on the NELOC lettering is all wrong in my opinion (can be hard to read at a quick glance). Basically you force people to think and try to figure out what it says, so original it is for me or offer up a different font for the 2007.
Regardless of what logo you go with, you really wouldn't be able to read it at a quick glance being that you would be looking at initials. I think people are thinking strickly about decals and not a total package. The typical decal is 2"x 5". With something that small the viewing distance is within five feet. When I looked at the old logo, the first thing that stood out to me are the letters NE then the type underneath it all. But that is only in reference to the decal.

I look at it in comparison to other regional Lexus clubs. IMO the current logo gets lost in the mix of the others. Lets have something that stands out more interms of design as well as better the looks and styles of our cars. I don't hopefully you guys know what I mean.
Old 02-21-07, 06:50 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
please excuse me Apex for editing your design, but this is what i'm feeling...it prevents that "WTF does that say" thought.
No problem the more participation the better so long as its productive. We want to try and wrap this up asap.
Old 02-21-07, 06:53 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Apex84
No problem the more participation the better so long as its productive. We want to try and wrap this up asap.
Well then with your permission, i vote for the "revised" 2007 Logo that i just posted up. You had an awesome idea...i just took it an inch further in the direction i want, hah.
Old 02-21-07, 06:56 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
Well then with your permission, i vote for the "revised" 2007 Logo that i just posted up. You had an awesome idea...i just took it an inch further in the direction i want, hah.
Lets leave this up to Cherp. The last thing we want is everyone doing their own logo and nothing gets accomplished.
Old 02-21-07, 06:57 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

The problem with doing both is that there is know real identity. It
makes us look like we're indecisive. It's got to be one logo.
Old 02-21-07, 07:04 PM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

i like the original logo but i could get used to the new one
Old 02-21-07, 07:13 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Here is close up of it on a car.
Attached Thumbnails Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.-my.is-close-up.jpg  
Old 02-21-07, 07:25 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

New....maybe just a little thicker lettering...
Old 02-21-07, 07:30 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

i made it a little thicker
Attached Thumbnails Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.-neloc-black.jpg  
Old 02-21-07, 08:19 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do agree with L that it is very similar to the other regional clubs on CL but that was the point when it was made. It was designed to be consistent with the other clubs here because at the end of the day we are all underneath the CL umbrella. I can design 50000 different versions of the logo but I made it that way just for the sake of simplicity. If you want me to help in designing a new one I have no issues with it but will we wind up changing it again a year from now? the design should past the test of time where it will look fine today as it will 5 or 10 years from now and not seem outdated. The current logo achieves this.

Is it a starting point for a new logo? Yes, but it needs work. In its current state i don't feel its worth changing to. The new one just doesn't do it for me.
Old 02-21-07, 09:09 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSoup
I do agree with L that it is very similar to the other regional clubs on CL but that was the point when it was made. It was designed to be consistent with the other clubs here because at the end of the day we are all underneath the CL umbrella. I can design 50000 different versions of the logo but I made it that way just for the sake of simplicity. If you want me to help in designing a new one I have no issues with it but will we wind up changing it again a year from now? the design should past the test of time where it will look fine today as it will 5 or 10 years from now and not seem outdated. The current logo achieves this.

Is it a starting point for a new logo? Yes, but it needs work. In its current state i don't feel its worth changing to. The new one just doesn't do it for me.
I understand where you're coming from when you say we (all the Lexus clubs) fall under the CL umbrella and therefore have a consistent look. But I guess I just look at it differently. I'm just looking at it like whats the point. If all the regions have a very similiar look there should just be a CL North or a CL South etc. For that matter why even join a region? One could just be a general CL member. Having an identity all your own gives a deeper since of pride and originality. I hear NELOC'ers either on the forums or in person say we need to have a stronger presence like that regionn, or hey this region has this let get that, or this region does this lets do that, etc. In just about every instance attitude, and dedication seemed to be the issue. Down here I get the vibe from most of the senior members that they have this urge to come out with a new attitude and dedication this year in comparison to previous years. I feel what better way to get that across than with a new look. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Apex84; 02-21-07 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Neloc Logo Poll: Vote Or Die...Voting is Over.