NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club
View Poll Results: Which meet can you attend and should be our 1st meet.
Black Smith Racing
25.00%
White Marsh meet
75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

MD & Surrounding area meet - Find Directions @ Post#64

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-07, 07:44 AM
pizzle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, bigmalik00. if possible, can you provide a location? i'll search the posts for one as well.
Old 03-05-07, 08:19 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzle
thanks, bigmalik00. if possible, can you provide a location? i'll search the posts for one as well.
Pizzle,, thanks for chiming in and coming out to show support. As Big Malik stated, you are amongst friends within our club. Does not matter that your ride is totally stock, we are trying to show strength in numbers with our club as we are still very young in the club club scene. We recently gained alot of new members within the last 6-8 months in the Md area, and we would like to organize and just hang together. Unlike other clubs, we DO NOT charge a yearly fee, DO NOT require you to have a certain amount of mods in order to hang with us, DO NOT judge you on the hotness of your car. We are an enthuiast group who all share a common love for the Lexus brand. Trust me, the mods will come later,, and hanging with us you WILL catch the mod bug sooner than later. The strength that the "L" on the front of your car carries will be enough to make alot of people just stand back and take notice. Your name has been added to the list and I will post up time and location tomorrow. Please check back here for update and directions.
Old 03-05-07, 08:22 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

OK,, attendance list

Blacksmith Racing meet 3/10 (Saturday)

1. Trukn1
2. BigMalik
3. Smitty
4. Apex
5. 1LoudLX (possibly)
6. Cherplex (possibility/ schedule permitting)
7. Greed777 (possibility)
8. Nate579(Possibility)
9. Pizzle

White Marsh Meet 3/18 (Sunday)
1. Big Malik
2. Trukn1 (schedule and time permitting)
3. 96gti2.0t
4. Apex
5. KevinGS (early arrival/departure)
6. Smitty (possible)
7. Cherplex(possibility/schedule permitting)
8. Cathy(possibility)
9. Nate579(Possibility)
10. Astinus
11. Md-teeza02

OK,, just reviewed latest of Neloc member list,, the following MD people who are somewhat newly signed(past 6-8 months) are requested to chime in please,,

DCGS430, Krupski, 93LSKD, Cloudnine, SugarRush, Sunny068, RSX2IS350, Volt, Lexus Dream, Little GZ, Rare1, Kwandoo74, Russian.

With the exception of just a few names here, we haven't heard from you since you signed up to join. Md is coming strong this year and we would love to have you in attendance.

Quote:
Our meets are basically greet, meet, lets hang out and have fun type of environment. Alot of us converse here on a daily with each other so its like meeting up with your buddy and just hanging out.

I've met alot of good people here that I now consider friends. I always look forward to meeting up with them.
Gsoup

Virginia area as well as Pa areas,, it goes without reason that you all are more than welcome to attend as well, drop sign up here so I can add you name to the list, Thanks!!

Last edited by trukn1; 03-05-07 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-05-07, 09:16 AM
pizzle
Rookie

Hey Trukn1,

It'll be good to meet some other enthusiasts. As for the mod bug....i've already got it! i just need a little more education on some things and A LOT more money to pull it off! I'm also finding that 1st gen GS mods seem to be harder to find with respect to parts, variety, etc. I guess maybe it's because of the relatively low production run? And the fact that the 1st gens are now 12+ years old? Anyway, it will be nice to see what others have done to their cars.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Originally Posted by trukn1
Pizzle,, thanks for chiming in and coming out to show support. As Big Malik stated, you are amongst friends within our club. Does not matter that your ride is totally stock, we are trying to show strength in numbers with our club as we are still very young in the club club scene. We recently gained alot of new members within the last 6-8 months in the Md area, and we would like to organize and just hang together. Unlike other clubs, we DO NOT charge a yearly fee, DO NOT require you to have a certain amount of mods in order to hang with us, DO NOT judge you on the hotness of your car. We are an enthuiast group who all share a common love for the Lexus brand. Trust me, the mods will come later,, and hanging with us you WILL catch the mod bug sooner than later. The strength that the "L" on the front of your car carries will be enough to make alot of people just stand back and take notice. Your name has been added to the list and I will post up time and location tomorrow. Please check back here for update and directions.
Old 03-05-07, 09:58 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Hey Trukn1,

It'll be good to meet some other enthusiasts. As for the mod bug....i've already got it! i just need a little more education on some things and A LOT more money to pull it off! I'm also finding that 1st gen GS mods seem to be harder to find with respect to parts, variety, etc. I guess maybe it's because of the relatively low production run? And the fact that the 1st gens are now 12+ years old? Anyway, it will be nice to see what others have done to their cars.

There's stuff out there for your car dude, it just depends on where you want to take it. If you come to Carlisle you can look at Tony's (NYAristo) 1GS. Can't wait to meet the new members.

NELOC MD.... Rep'd in in full.
Old 03-05-07, 10:03 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Trukn1,

Pizzle if you show up I will put you down with some great info....try me our founder has one of the hottest Lexus whips on the site and his car is about that old...so there are plenty resources out here.
Old 03-05-07, 10:16 AM
pizzle
Rookie

yeah, i saw NYAristo's car in Rides magazine this month. Really nice. i've got Carlisle on the calendar...just trying to work out the timing of it with some other stuff i have going on that weekend.

Originally Posted by Apex84
There's stuff out there for your car dude, it just depends on where you want to take it. If you come to Carlisle you can look at Tony's (NYAristo) 1GS. Can't wait to meet the new members.

NELOC MD.... Rep'd in in full.
Old 03-05-07, 10:43 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

I guess maybe it's because of the relatively low production run? And the fact that the 1st gens are now 12+ years old?
Pizzle, finding first gen parts can be very painful to find and exhausting to search for, but like the others said it can be done. I have a first gen LS myself and my car is now 15 years old.
Old 03-05-07, 10:58 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys,
Can't make this weekend's meet cause I'm flying out to Cali on business but will be able to make White Marsh. So, put me down for 3/18...... but hey it's not fair that I won't get a NELOC decal because I can't be at both.... A womans gotta work! LOL!! It will be nice meeting you all!
Old 03-05-07, 11:04 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LittleGz
Hey guys,
Can't make this weekend's meet cause I'm flying out to Cali on business but will be able to make White Marsh. So, put me down for 3/18...... but hey it's not fair that I won't get a NELOC decal because I can't be at both.... A womans gotta work! LOL!! It will be nice meeting you all!
It's all good Tara. We all gotta work, but a new requirement that Trukn1 and I discussed is that new members must attend 3 meets before getting the NELOC decal. Between this weekends meet and Carlisle, we WILL have meets. So don't fret you have plenty opportunity.
Old 03-05-07, 11:15 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Apex84
It's all good Tara. We all gotta work, but a new requirement that Trukn1 and I discussed is that new members must attend 3 meets before getting the NELOC decal. Between this weekends meet and Carlisle, we WILL have meets. So don't fret you have plenty opportunity.
Gotcha just tryin' to give you a hard time!
Old 03-05-07, 11:20 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Gotcha just tryin' to give you a hard time!
I figure that much, however my ***** were busted enough on saturday. I still can't believe it. Plus my car doesn't nearly as slammed with the OEM rear.
Old 03-05-07, 11:43 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Hey guys,
don't worry you will have three meets in no time.. we have the 2nd annual great Chicken and Waffle run, and 2nd annual Arundle Mills meet and the VIP garage invasion...but if you come to WHite Marsh you might get hooked up.. or tell your better half to bring the car out???
Old 03-05-07, 11:54 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

I quite disappointing to see only 10 total votes with so many views. Come on NELOC, get on this. MD especially.
Old 03-05-07, 12:43 PM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Default Blacksmith Racing Location

I'm interested in coming up tot the meets from VA ..... where exactly is Blacksmith Racing (I couldn't find anything on Google)

Thanks,

Dave

Quick Reply: MD & Surrounding area meet - Find Directions @ Post#64