Megameet meet up spot

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-07, 10:00 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megameet meet up spot

Hey guys and gals,

As most of you know the Megameet is this sunday. So what I would like to do is come up with a meeting area for everyone. Seeing that there is already a crew coming up rt 50 I figured that those guys could meet up with the local Baltimore crew on 70 at the park and ride. From there we could hop on 695 out to White Marsh and meet up with the NYC crew at the IKEA right across from the mall. Being the NYC guys take 95s all the way to the meet, they will spot the IKEA from the highway. We could ideally meet up at 11am one hour before the meet starts. So lets get a list together of those going to this event, departure area (southern MD, N. VA, NYC, etc.), and would you like to meet at the areas listed above. So come NELOC lets represent and roll in strong.

GROUP 1 Southern MD, N. VA Crew
1. Smitty0881
2. Cherplex (possibly)
3. Nate597 (possibly)
4. SinisterSC

GROUP 2:Meet up on rt. 70 Park and Ride:
1. Apex84
2. Trukn1
3. LittleGZ
4. Rare1

IKEA across from Megameet (anyone coming down I-95S.)
1. Gsoup
2. Rising_Sun
3. NYAristo
4. OohPapi44
5. 1LoudLX
6. Cat
7. MrMark

Last edited by Apex84; 03-17-07 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-14-07, 10:37 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll have to get back to you on this, Apex. (By the way, my car is at VP now, getting the front end repainted...and Rob from Proform is applying the 3M bra afterwards. Thanx a ton!)

See, for most of us coming from the South, the Rt. 70 Park&Ride is kind of out of the way. It's easier for us to just go through the tunnel, than for us to travel around the beltway. So, maybe we should meet at the UMBC Park&Ride off I95, and then travel on up through one of the tunnels. That would be faster.

I don't know, just a thought.
Old 03-14-07, 10:40 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know exactly where the route 70 park and ride is but I'll find out b4 this weekend. Oh is the Ikea meet-up area the one right off of Route 1 near Laurel?

-Smitty
Old 03-14-07, 10:42 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KevinGS
I'll have to get back to you on this, Apex. (By the way, my car is at VP now, getting the front end repainted...and Rob from Proform is applying the 3M bra afterwards. Thanx a ton!)

See, for most of us coming from the South, the Rt. 70 Park&Ride is kind of out of the way. It's easier for us to just go through the tunnel, than for us to travel around the beltway. So, maybe we should meet at the UMBC Park&Ride off I95, and then travel on up through one of the tunnels. That would be faster.

Well if thats the case for most of the southern MD folks, I'm open to any suggestions on a spot that most if not all the MD crowd could meet up. Or would you all rather we just meet up at the IKEA with the NYC crew.
Old 03-14-07, 10:58 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
I dont know exactly where the route 70 park and ride is but I'll find out b4 this weekend. Oh is the Ikea meet-up area the one right off of Route 1 near Laurel?

-Smitty
The IKEA meetup area is in Whitemarsh 95 ex 67B (WhiteMarsh Blvd). Off of exit. to first light turn left on Honeygo Blvd. IKEA is on the right side in mall parking lot. That would be the ideal area for the NY crew to meet up with everyone else since it is right off of I-95.
Old 03-14-07, 11:01 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Smitty0881

-Smitty
No. You're thinking of the one in Prince George's County.

There's an Ikea at White Marsh mall, right across from the Meet, down in Baltimore County.
Old 03-14-07, 11:03 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apex84
Well if thats the case for most of the southern MD folks, I'm open to any suggestions on a spot that most if not all the MD crowd could meet up. Or would you all rather we just meet up at the IKEA with the NYC crew.
Well, let's see who is coming from the Southern MD/DC/VA area first, and then go from there. If we have enough people coming up I95 from the 495 (the Capital Beltway), then we can meet and caravan up I95 to White Marsh. If not, then we can just meet at the Ikea across from the meet.

Last edited by KevinGS; 03-14-07 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-14-07, 11:29 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by KevinGS

Kevin the thought process behind this is to catch up with the members coming from PA from I-70. It is my understanding that Craig will be coming to this one as well accompanied with 10 others and we all know that I-70 is the most ideal route of travel for him. Sooo here is my proposal.

Meet spot number 1. You will be group 1 for this thread.

Va, Pg, Southern Md, meet up at College Park Park and ride (95/495 split PG COUNTY)
this group proceeds to meet spot number 2.

Meet spot number 2 You will be group number 2 for the thread

Baltimore Park and Ride,,I-695 to I-70 (exit 16) follow signs for Park and ride area ((Do not follow signs to go towards Frederick!!!!)
Group 1 meet up with group 2 (local Baltimore, Craig and company, etc) at I-70 park and ride area.

***Craig this area is very easy to find take I-70 to very very end. Dead ends at Park and ride area.*****
***Kevin, with you being in Bowie you have a choice-- either 50=>I-95 north,, or 97N=>695(Towson). Really is not out of the way,, and no toll money required.**

OK,, now having linked groups 1 and 2 together, caravan to last meet spot. NOTE<<<<A LOCAL BMORE (Apex, Myself, Sunny068{if she shows}) WILL LEAD CARAVAN TO WHITEMARSH GROUP 3 AREA. Malik, you are to report directly to IKEA in Whitemarsh, since you are pretty much the only one near 83.

Group 3 (NY guys pay attention cause this is you)
From NY, I-95 straight down to Bmore. Exit off at Whitemarsh Blvd (exit 67). Bear right off the exit. First light (Honeygo Blvd) Turn Left. You will see IKEA on your right side. Meet in this parking lot for groups 1 and 2.

PA,,listen up!!!!

Craig it is pretty much a known fact that I-70 is your route,, so this does not pertain to you.
Batmobile- since you are near Philly, it is probably gonna be better for you to keep in contact with Ny crew coming down 95. Maybe meet at one of the Rest areas in Deleware.
96gti- Not really sure which route is convenient for you. If NY 95 caravan is more convenient then contact member from NY area and arrange to meet up,, if not and coming a different way,, post your proposed route and we will try to arrange a sufficient meet area.

Anyone else I missed from the PA area please chime in or decide which area is closer to you in order to meet up with other fellow members.

NY and Upper PA keep in mind that you are both looking at about a 3 hour drive once you get together, so plan your times accordingly!!

Sorry for the threadjack Apex,, back to you...
Old 03-14-07, 11:37 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Please assign a representative form each area and post a pic of your car so those who are unfamiliar will have a minimum knowledge of who to look for in each area.

Group 1-- 1 representative,pic of car, phone number in open forum
group 2-- same
group 3- same

each of the designated group leaders need to post who will be representing the areas and make sure that the different group leaders have each others phone number in order to stay in contact. This will ensure that everyone knows where the other person is, and also will aid in the coordinated efforts of representing/rolling in as a unified group.
This past weekend with Blacksmith was an overwhelming success once everyone met up, rolling in as 1 complete unit, and I would like to keep it organized this way. The look on peoples' faces when you ride in as a unit is definately priceless; anyone who attended the Blacksmith meet can testify to the looks of WTF on the Scion owners faces when we rolled in and paraded past them. Keep in mind, speed demons will receive tickets and draw attention to the rest of the crowd so DONT DO IT or RIDE BY YOURSELF!!!!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 03-14-07 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-14-07, 11:39 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Sorry for the threadjack Apex,, back to you...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to say anything, you took the words right out of my mouth. Not only are you the NELOC publisist, historian, and "accident causer ", you are know the NELOC navigator. Congrats
Old 03-14-07, 11:45 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

ROTFLMAO!!!! It is a priveledge and an honor to kindly accept the various positions to which I have been granted. Guess I have to post the Carlisle intro on a separate post as well so NELOC can see how the rest of the clubs there will be introduced to us. People , grab your tissues!!
Old 03-14-07, 11:49 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by trukn1
ROTFLMAO!!!! It is a priveledge and an honor to kindly accept the various positions to which I have been granted. Guess I have to post the Carlisle intro on a separate post as well so NELOC can see how the rest of the clubs there will be introduced to us. People , grab your tissues!!
Not so fast, I've already taken the liberty to have a special intro for you as Apex's official car transporter. So no need to introduce yourself, just make sure my car is there on time without a scratch. We know you're famous for causing accidents, aint that right Craig .

I'll be expecting a phone call in 3,2,1
Old 03-14-07, 12:01 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Gotcha, Trukn1. Sounds like a plan.

I just hope that we aren't rolling in there at 3 or 4 in the afternoon, once we get all the folks corralled for our Grand Intro. We might have to reinforce the time (NOON!) several times before Saturday. LOL

I'm riding with someone into the Meet, from the Ikea. 'Cause I aint takin' my rental Caddy into the event. But it sounds like I will have plenty of Lexuses to choose from ....hec, I need a NELOC banner/flag, so I can wave it out of the passenger-side window once we're rolling into the event.
Old 03-14-07, 12:55 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Please assign a representative form each area and post a pic of your car so those who are unfamiliar will have a minimum knowledge of who to look for in each area.

Group 1-- 1 representative,pic of car, phone number in open forum
group 2-- same
group 3- same

each of the designated group leaders need to post who will be representing the areas and make sure that the different group leaders have each others phone number in order to stay in contact. This will ensure that everyone knows where the other person is, and also will aid in the coordinated efforts of representing/rolling in as a unified group.
This past weekend with Blacksmith was an overwhelming success once everyone met up, rolling in as 1 complete unit, and I would like to keep it organized this way. The look on peoples' faces when you ride in as a unit is definately priceless; anyone who attended the Blacksmith meet can testify to the looks of WTF on the Scion owners faces when we rolled in and paraded past them. Keep in mind, speed demons will receive tickets and draw attention to the rest of the crowd so DONT DO IT or RIDE BY YOURSELF!!!!!!
I can represent for group one. I'm not sure how many people from S. MD, and VA are rollin but let me know. I'm guessin Nate (possibly) and Plex (possibly), Sinster is in Laurel so I'm sure he can meet whereva and I'm not sure who's rollin from VA. Just let me know.

-Smitty
Old 03-14-07, 03:58 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=trukn1;2482280]Kevin the thought process behind this is to catch up with the members coming from PA from I-70. It is my understanding that .......... LEAD CARAVAN TO WHITEMARSH GROUP 3 AREA[/B] Malik, you are to report directly to IKEA in Whitemarsh, since you are pretty much the only one near 83.
Group 3 (NY guys pay attention cause this is you)
From NY, I-95 straight down to Bmore. Exit off at Whitemarsh Blvd (exit 67). ......

I I sir??

Quick Reply: Megameet meet up spot