NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Your Reflection On NELOC - REVISITED...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-07, 09:54 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Your Reflection On NELOC - REVISITED...

I was reading Dennis's thread today and I was curious to know how everyone feels almost a year later. Especially their thoughts on what we should do to make this year a better one.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220998

Hey Dennis, you've been pretty quiet I've noticed in the past months and I would like to hear from you,give a brother a ring. I hope you come out tomorrow because we're only like 10 mins from your home.

Either way, share your thoughts, comments, opinions, praises or whatever you feel you need to say to everyone.

PLEASE NOTE, STAY ON TOPIC!!! ANY POST THAT HAS NO PURPOSE HERE WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT A THOUGHT.
Old 03-25-07, 10:39 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think NELOC has been taken to the next level seems more organized then last year alot more members seem more committed to the cause..I def wanna start attending more meets again like i used to but i think its def gonna be a good year for NELOC and we will only get stronger and expand as time goes on
Old 03-25-07, 11:41 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well being that this is my first year in NELOC, I gotta say its been a great experience. Not judgemental at all like other car clubs. It's like Nate said, "people first, and cars second". The people I've meet since I 've been here are def going to be lasting friends if I have anything to say about it. I pretty much talk to a bunch of you guys and gals weekly.

Over the last few months MD has really tried to step it up down here, making the scene more active. When winter was in full swing, NELOC was kinda silent for a little bit, but that didn't last long. Now this forum is just full of activity. There's always something to do somewhere. So there's def no one that can say NELOC aint the place to be. I just gotta say that I'm just so proud to be apart something so inviting, fun, and ever changing.

Thanks NELOC

Last edited by Apex84; 03-25-07 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-25-07, 07:50 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

NELOC,, one full year later, my how the time has flown by!!!! I tend to be a little longwinded (no one comment) so I will try to keep it short. I have been involved with car clubs in the past, and none of them even compare to what we have here. The family type environment, the caring , the considersation, and the everlasting friendships that have been formed here are treasures which can never be measured. We as a club are growing. Lots of other forums are talking about CL and we are quickly becoming THE place to be to represent GROWN and SEXY!!! While we continue to change and evolve into an even tighter and more organized entity, there will be some speed bumps in the road that we will have to overcome, and I am more than confident that we can do so and move on with life. I have said it before and I will reiterate again, NELOC is my family. Neloc are my friends and to be associated with such a fine and diverse group of people, and be welcomed with open arms, both on and off forum is something that will always remain close to my heart.
Old 03-27-07, 09:22 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Since August I've really liked meeting everyone and also working on the car. Everyone is different but wicked nice which I appreciate. It's good to meet people who share the same hobby.
Old 03-27-07, 10:49 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree it's a great group of members.......but saying that, why are we having some issues with the Carlisle show..... It seems that a tight knit group with common interests and goals should be able to pull off a Carlisle event without a hitch, and benefit from the exposure. I hope this is what happens....or all the hard work is down the toilet.
Old 03-27-07, 11:25 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Neloc the new generation has arrived!!!

things are changing ...

but no sweat on what we talked about Mark, we will get it done B4 carisle
Old 03-27-07, 12:23 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
I agree it's a great group of members.......but saying that, why are we having some issues with the Carlisle show..... It seems that a tight knit group with common interests and goals should be able to pull off a Carlisle event without a hitch, and benefit from the exposure. I hope this is what happens....or all the hard work is down the toilet.
Well, we aint THAT tight....yet. LOL At least not ALL of NELOC, we're trying to expand as a group. But expansion and participation from other members takes time and patience. We'll get there.

Just keeping it real...

But we'll be there. Don't worry. We're just people, so we moan, complain, b1tch, ask a million questions, and then after all of that, not show up.

It's the nature of planning a car event. This happens all the time, so don't take it personal. Every large meet that I have been a part of all unfolds this way. Lots of maybes, "want to's", "can't commits"...and I understand their reluctance to commit. I mean for me, I can waste the $40 if something comes up and I can't make it. No big deal. Others aren't as fortunate. And some people have crazy work schedules and such as well. So, final headcounts are never known for major car meets until days before. All we have are estimates and "hopefuls".

But thanks for all your efforts...and we'll do our best to pack the house. And believe you me, those of us that DO go, we're gonna have a ball. Weather, like with any car event, even an indoor one...it will be one of the final determining factors, and we won't know how that looks until a few days before. So, stay tuned....

Last edited by KevinGS; 03-27-07 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-27-07, 12:29 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Well, we aint THAT tight....yet. LOL At least not ALL of NELOC, we're trying to expand as a group. But expansion takes time and patience. We'll get there.

No, just keeping it real...

But we'll be there. Don't worry. We're just people, so we like to moan, complain, b1tch, ask a million questions, and then after all of that, not show up.

It's the nature of planning an event. This happens all the time, so don't take it personal.

But thanks for all your efforts...and we'll do our best to pack the house. And believe you me, those of us that DO go, we're gonna have a ball. Weather, like with any car event, even an indoor one...weather will be one of the final determining factors, and we won't know how that looks until a few days before. Oh well...
Well we'll be under an enclosure if that helps.
Old 03-27-07, 12:35 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
Well we'll be under an enclosure if that helps.
It helps when I ARRIVE, but it doesn't help me if it's raining during the journey there. I hate driving my car in the rain, but I'll do it for NELOC, just as I did it for Lexfest.