NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07, 12:30 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Damn, LittleGZ narrated the night with those pics. Good stuff.

I found "The Vapors" video by Biz Markie, song made in 1988, the year Ravishing was born. Hmmmmm... coincidence??? Maybe not. ...especially after hearing the story of why she didn't keep the Supra Twin Turbo, which basically pertained to issues with her overactive 'Vapors'.

So, for the young'uns like Ravishing and Scarlett, here's a classic video by Biz Markie (who was a longtime Laurel, MD resident, Scarlett ) This gives you a little history of HipHop.
Born in '88 and already gone through a Supra? Damn.... I thought I was pretty bad *** in my old *** GS... hahaha.

Kevin, your car is absolutely gorgeous, and I hope mine will look 1/2 as nice as yours someday.

Last edited by Joe C; 04-03-07 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-03-07, 12:50 PM
Ravishing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe C
Born in '88 and already gone through a Supra? Damn.... I thought I was pretty bad *** in my old *** GS... hahaha.

Kevin, your car is absolutely gorgeous, and I hope mine will look 1/2 as nice as yours someday.
Well i work hard to get what i want. I bought the supra for my self before i was out of High School. There was nothing like chillen with the targa off my way to graduation. But i needed to get rid of it, it brought back bad memories of my x and that was that. I am hopeing to get another tt in a year. But i want to buy a town house first so we will see.
Old 04-03-07, 04:00 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Well guyz... although is was the only one from the .net... thanks letting me hang out with all you kewl cats. I had fun. Sorry I had to roll b4 you all went back into D&B but i had to get back to my end of town for my 24hr shift yesterday. Hopefully I can catch up with you all again if its alright!!!
Old 04-03-07, 05:29 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteHotIS
Well guyz... although is was the only one from the .net... thanks letting me hang out with all you kewl cats. I had fun. Sorry I had to roll b4 you all went back into D&B but i had to get back to my end of town for my 24hr shift yesterday. Hopefully I can catch up with you all again if its alright!!!
You're always welcome bro.

-Smitty
Old 04-03-07, 06:38 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

it was cool that you did come out and hang with us, your "pull over" stories were somethin'! Hey maybe you could host a firehouse meet and we can watch you do donuts in the fire truck! LOL!!
Old 04-03-07, 07:15 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

You're def welcome anytime B. We're probably going to have another meet on the 14th of this month. We'll know sometime over the weekend.
Old 04-03-07, 07:26 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Yeah we can do that... I'll have the the firetruck going sidewayz while squirting all you guys with about 500 gallons of water... Lmao.
Originally Posted by LittleGz
it was cool that you did come out and hang with us, your "pull over" stories were somethin'! Hey maybe you could host a firehouse meet and we can watch you do donuts in the fire truck! LOL!!
Old 04-03-07, 08:46 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
You're def welcome anytime B. We're probably going to have another meet on the 14th of this month. We'll know sometime over the weekend.
Yep, what he said, man. As you can see, NELOC is all about the people, cars are just the reason we know each other.
Old 04-03-07, 08:51 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
Sh@#!, when I was 19, I was just happy to be driving PERIOD. I was in school, and oftentimes lived off $20 for the whole week. LOL

I didn't really get my own car 'til I turned 20, given to me by grandmother, and it was the best present I have EVER received, a 1980 Datsun 200 SX 5-speed (this was in 1990). My grandmother taught me how to drive stick in that car, and then gave me the car (my parents never drove stick).

Man, do I miss my grandma too...

Thanks, Joe, you are so kind...