MD Caravan to Carlisle Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-07, 03:23 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
is it in route.. I hope not.. I usually spend $15 dollars in there
There is a Waffle House right in Carlisle.
Old 04-18-07, 06:42 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so waffle house will be the meeting spot for NELOC? should be fun..
Old 04-18-07, 07:32 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
Maybe from .net. I'm waiting for someone from over to say when they plan on going.
Wow, I'm going to be the only one representing NoVA?!! Well if anyone else is coming from VA on Saturday, let me know.
Old 04-18-07, 07:39 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Malik, I'll have some frozen waffles for you at the meet spot, they should thaw by the time we get up to Carlisle Otherwise if your not there by 5:45am they'll be on the curb waiting for you

OK, for my Saturday caravan peeps (including you Malik!) I will be at the Long Gate Shopping Center in front of TARGET at 5:30 am on Sat. morning. Anyone, who wants to roll that's where the SATURDAY Caravan will be meeting and rolling from

Long Gate Shopping Center (in front of TARGET)
4300 Montgomery Road
Ellicott City, MD 21043

Easy to get to and easy to jump on 70 from there.
Old 04-18-07, 07:40 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RacerLex
Wow, I'm going to be the only one representing NoVA?!! Well if anyone else is coming from VA on Saturday, let me know.
Check my.is all those guys are out of Nova.
Old 04-18-07, 07:40 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LittleGz
Malik, I'll have some frozen waffles for you at the meet spot, they should thaw by the time we get up to Carlisle Otherwise if your not there by 5:45am they'll be on the curb waiting for you

OK, for my Saturday caravan peeps (including you Malik!) I will be at the Long Gate Shopping Center in front of TARGET at 5:30 am on Sat. morning. Anyone, who wants to roll that's where the SATURDAY Caravan will be meeting and rolling from

Long Gate Shopping Center (in front of TARGET)
4300 Montgomery Road
Ellicott City, MD 21043

Easy to get to and easy to jump on 70 from there.
Thats the Target I used to work at.
Old 04-18-07, 07:50 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know the best route? 70 to 81?
GZ how dare you even part these word from your lips,,lol?? I mean c'mon now, with your faithful senator being a trucker,, why even ask?? OK, Md caravan can leave with either of 2 routes.

Route 1- 70w to Hagerstown to I-81 North into PA to exit 52 (RT 11 North) into Carlisle.
Advantage-- South PG and Mont. county, also Va, can take I-270 to 70 and then meet with people coming from Bmore in Frederick. This is where 270 and 70 come together.
Disadvantage-- IMO, this is seriously a long way,, and some of the mountains on 70 are no joke. Lastly this route pose big traffic problems on friday.

Route #2-- I-695 to Baltimore to I-83 North. follow that to exit 41 (rt 581 west) and follow that to I-81 South (shaves off about 20 miles). Take 81 south to exit 52 (rt 11 North) and follow that to carlisle.

Advantage-- IMO quicker ride, no mountains to deal with and puts you closer to Carlisle once you hit 81

Disadvantage--
All of the southern people will have to hit B-more in order to get 83,, and fridays (evenings) pose a big traffic problem.

Craig, as far as them coming UP I-81, the only way they would be doing so is if they choose route #1. (70W =>81) If they choose that route then they could meet you at the rest area on 81 north once you cross into Pa.

Last edited by trukn1; 04-18-07 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-18-07, 08:04 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
GZ how dare you even part these word from your lips,,lol?? I mean c'mon now, with your faithful senator being a trucker,, why even ask?? OK, Md caravan can leave with either of 2 routes.

Route 1- 70w to Hagerstown to I-81 North into PA to exit 52 (RT 11 North) into Carlisle.
Advantage-- South PG and Mont. county, also Va, can take I-270 to 70 and then meet with people coming from Bmore in Frederick. This is where 270 and 70 come together.
Disadvantage-- IMO, this is seriously a long way,, and some of the mountains on 70 are no joke. Lastly this route pose big traffic problems on friday.

Route #2-- I-695 to Baltimore to I-83 North. follow that to exit 41 (rt 581 west) and follow that to I-81 South (shaves off about 20 miles). Take 81 south to exit 52 (rt 11 North) and follow that to carlisle.

Advantage-- IMO quicker ride, no mountains to deal with and puts you closer to Carlisle once you hit 81

Disadvantage--
All of the southern people will have to hit B-more in order to get 83,, and fridays (evenings) pose a big traffic problem.

Craig, as far as them coming UP I-81, the only way they would be doing so is if they choose route #1. (70W =>81) If they choose that route then they could meet you at the rest area on 81 north once you cross into Pa.
^^^LMAO!! Ok, ok I'm sorry You are the expert Mr. Senator. When R U going up, you could be the lead for the SAT Caravan you know!?!?!?!

Route #2 seems like a better ride to me (aren't there tolls that route?) as long as everyone else is cool wit it! But seeing as though I'm rollin' at 6 am (it's not lookin' too popular) it won't matter cause I'll be rollin' up alone!
Old 04-18-07, 08:19 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

As far as when I am going up, not sure. The LS has to get some repairs before Carlisle and I need to feel comfy that she will make it there and back in one piece (the old girl is 15 years old and still needs some TLC). I will only have the 21st to work on her and try to get her right because that is my next day home. If she is not right, even though I have already paid and registered,, I may have to catch a ride with someone. Not to mention, anyone looking for a roomie?? Let me know. Either way, I can lead you in person, on the phone, or from this keyboard to get you there. "And you can take that to the bank!!"

There are no tolls in either direction on either route unless you come through the tunnels on 95 in B-more. This was why I suggested the use of 695(towards Towson, other way is Key Bridge and $2 toll[out of way]).

Now the other groups NY & NJ will have tolls out of NY unless they cross the George Washington Bridge, Tolls out of Jersey on I-78, and other liscellaneous tolls in/around NY itself (dont know them all)

East Pa and west PA will have the Pa Turnpike to deal with for toll (BTW Exit 226 off PaTPK = Route 11 into Carlisle)

Last edited by trukn1; 04-18-07 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-18-07, 08:32 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Disadvantage--

Well the friday shouldn't have traffic problems given the time oh day we're rolling out. We plan on getting up there around 1:00pm. We don't need to leave til 11am in this case. So we aight senator.
Old 04-18-07, 08:37 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Route #2 will be smooth sailing for that time of day.
Old 04-18-07, 08:49 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO, the Carlisle Waffle House Meet. I love it.

I'm leaving Friday. Hopefully early with the 1st caravan...but if not, I'll definitely be in Carlisle Friday night at some point. And I plan on staying 'til Sunday.
Old 04-18-07, 08:52 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm cool with route 2
Old 04-18-07, 09:07 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KevinGS
LMAO, the Carlisle Waffle House Meet. I love it.

I'm leaving Friday. Hopefully early with the 1st caravan...but if not, I'll definitely be in Carlisle Friday night at some point. And I plan on staying 'til Sunday.
I'll put you on for friday with group 1.
Old 04-19-07, 10:53 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RacerLex
You're not the only one from NoVA. I'm in contact with some of the .net guys. I'm trying to organize with them some that they can possibly meet with the MD caravan. Either way once I have some info from them, I'll get it to you and you just link up with them.

Quick Reply: MD Caravan to Carlisle Thread