NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Big Thank You!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-07 | 09:29 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GSoup

It's times like this that really make me appreciate the friends I have made here.
I agree with you 1000% man. When i joined Clublexus way back when (2003), I was going to my first meet with my 96 GS300, and around the corner from my house my tranny started slipping. I was going to my first ever meet, and I had just installed some new 20" wheels, so imagine how terrified I was when the tranny started slipping.

I was supposed to be meeting Dennis (ONEHOTSC400) and my tranny was slipping so bad that I could not even make it to Canarsie Pier, so he had to come meet me on Seaview. Now imagine a total stranger that you only know from a message board, calling and changing the agreed upon meeting place! Most would think its shady and run, but Dennis came to meet me. He can tell you first hand how FREAKED OUT I was! But he was real cool man, he just kept telling me its going to be okay, its alright! That was way back in 2003 but I'll always remember him for stuff like that.

Its funny how even the most dialed in car guy can get that "deer in the headlights" feeling when unexpected mishap occurs, so I know the feeling. I caught a flat on the Whitestone Expressway with my 400 once so I know exactly what you felt like.

Honestly its not just NELOC though Clublexus Members as a whole really do look out for other members

PS - those studs support a lot of weight and wear and tear, especially with NY potholes so its good practice to check them all periodically. Same for your lower suspension components up front
Old 04-17-07 | 10:22 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I am scared... but I will still make the L I trip.... Todd keep some more hubs on hand....
LOL... not that bad malik. We got you.
Originally Posted by Rare1
This is a great example of why I had a good vibe from Neloc in white marsh. My wife(LittleGz) drives the Lex, but being around everyone and listening to stories like this makes me want to get my own. Way to NELOC!!! Much props .
So whatcha waiting for.. go get the lex...
Originally Posted by Djdot2k
Best mod on Soups car.
Greg ... gotta love the airhorn ...

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
ur nuts guys! were all of these repairs made roadside??? forget lexus roadside assistance, neloc is better!
Carlos, are the wheels messed up at all or did the stud take all the energy?
The studs took the hit. I lost 2x studs.

Originally Posted by eman88
Should of gave me a call....I'm in the area.....glad to hear you got home ok
E, I'll remember next time..so get ready.

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Honestly its not just NELOC though Clublexus Members as a whole really do look out for other members

PS - those studs support a lot of weight and wear and tear, especially with NY potholes so its good practice to check them all periodically. Same for your lower suspension components up front
Yeah D... It is throughout CL. It was the same vibe when I was out in the westcoast last year and I hung out with the CL members in LA. Gotta love CL.

Oh I just ordered these....

ARP WHEEL STUD KIT for the lex....
ARP's head-treated 8740 chrome moly wheel studs are a much-needed replacement for any car engaged in oval track or drag racing competition. They have a tensile strength of 190,000 psi and are able to easily handle loads (shear) and lateral forces (elongation) found in racing. The studs are sold in packs of 4 or 5 and are cadmium plated for extra durability. Nuts not included. Now available for all popular applications, including General Motors, Ford, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Chrysler replacements, as well as for oval track racing and aftermarket street and strip axles.

LOL... lets see if these studs will break

Last edited by Rising_Sun; 04-17-07 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-17-07 | 10:59 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSoup
Oh I just ordered these....

ARP WHEEL STUD KIT for the lex....

LOL... lets see if these studs will break
Glad you and your family are safe ARP is a verygood company when it comes to bolts. They makes some very good headbolts also.. Before you mount the wheels back on, it is a good idea to put some anti-sieze on the studs.. A lot of guys fail to do that.
Old 04-17-07 | 11:43 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

just chimm'ed in... allways there 4ya soupy...its a good thing i only had 1 beer otherwise i would have been there slower!!
Old 04-17-07 | 11:50 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
just chimm'ed in... allways there 4ya soupy...its a good thing i only had 1 beer otherwise i would have been there slower!!
So thats why you didn't turn on the meter
Old 04-17-07 | 03:42 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Um, Soup,, give up the wheel stud link man!!!! Some of us need them as well, especially since you had to one up me with the air horn bit. LOL!!!
Old 04-17-07 | 05:44 PM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

yeah i always get a good vibe from the CL members thats why i try to help out whenever i can. im sure todd has been annoyed by me calling him every five mins. for directions.