NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Exaust ticket coming out of Hot Import Nights in Fairfax County, Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 04:54 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exaust ticket coming out of Hot Import Nights in Fairfax County, Virginia

Hi guys, yes I own a Lexus- a 2002 GGP IS300, but long story- hit a deer and need money to get it fixed, so I have not been active. Anyway the reason I am posting is I got an exhaust ticket in my Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T with a three inch thermal exhaust, just cruising on route 28 coming out of Hot Import nights in Fairfax County, Virginia. I think the police had a sting that night on route 28, targeting import cars, and I plan to fight this big time. I want to know if anybody else got pulled over that night, more responses- the better our case, and if so please let me know. All comments and advice is appreciated. Thank You
Old 04-25-07, 06:40 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to reply this way but you will not win. I would pay the ticket and get this unfortunate incident behind you. I am sorry for your bad experience.
Old 04-25-07, 07:14 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best way to get out of it is have a buddy who works at a repair shop write up that he fixed the muffler. Then just have him sign and stamp it. Bring that paper to court and they will drop it I did it about 8 times when I had my mustang.
Old 04-26-07, 03:53 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the replies. I was not doing anything like speeding or racing and my exhaust is connected to a cat converter and is quiet except at full throttle. Anyway- I plan to attend a lexus event soon, hopefully in my Lexus, but if not in my eclipse, at least it is a turbo! Thanks again.
Old 04-26-07, 04:14 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

well, if its only loud at full throttle...why were you full throttle near cops?

Best bet, pay the fine and put it behind you. When i left the HIN/Chantilly area around 10-1045 i saw a few cars get pulled over by fairfax county.

Your eclipse wouldnt happen to be white...and get pulled over at about 1020 right?? If so, i saw ya!
Old 04-27-07, 08:02 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

FFX County FTL........I figured they would be out that night doing crap like that. I got a tint ticket a few months ago in VA with MD Tags,License and Registration.
Old 04-27-07, 09:35 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fairfax County Police IMO is, and I never thought it possible, worse than the Va. State Troopers. I used to deal with these yahoo's a few years ago when I owned a home delivery company. My trucks were constantly being pulled over for being in residential areas( uhm cant do home delivery unless I can actually get to the home, and I had the permits to operate in the residential areas). These guys seem to have no sense of ethics among them and will do anything to pull anyone over. Am not bashing police in general, I think they do a very good job, but these guys

Ad BTW,, speaking on window tint, anyone ever notice just how Limo black the tint on their windows are. Most of the time they have to roll the window down in order to see in the daytime!!! Hipocrits!!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 04-27-07 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-27-07, 09:54 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Fairfax County Police IMO is, and I never thought it possible, worse than the Va. State Troopers. I used to deal with these yahoo's a few years ago when I owned a home delivery company. My trucks were constantly being pulled over for being in residential areas( uhm cant do home delivery unless I can actually get to the home, and I had the permits to operate in the residential areas). These guys seem to have no sense of ethics among them and will do anything to pull anyone over. Am not bashing police in general, I think they do a very good job, but these guys

Ad BTW,, speaking on window tint, anyone ever notice just how Limo black the tint on their windows are. Most of the time they have to roll the window down in order to see in the daytime!!! Hipocrits!!!!
lol, ordinarily I'd be right here posting some type of cop-bashing statement but can't join in on this one since I hate non-turbo loud import exhausts. If he gave him the ticket because he saw the exhaust then yeah he sucks but if he HEARD him go by, then get em copper, friggin pig.... LMAO
Old 04-27-07, 10:02 AM
iobidder
Pole Position

Haha, Fairfax County FTMFL! Sorry to hear that, but Virginia is MONEY HUNGRY!
Old 04-27-07, 10:11 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
Hi guys, yes I own a Lexus- a 2002 GGP IS300, but long story- hit a deer and need money to get it fixed, so I have not been active. Anyway the reason I am posting is I got an exhaust ticket in my Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T with a three inch thermal exhaust, just cruising on route 28 coming out of Hot Import nights in Fairfax County, Virginia. I think the police had a sting that night on route 28, targeting import cars, and I plan to fight this big time. I want to know if anybody else got pulled over that night, more responses- the better our case, and if so please let me know. All comments and advice is appreciated. Thank You
Which brand exhaust is on your car? Did the cops use a decibal meter?? If so, what did it register?? I believe 95db is the limit in Fairfax county as in most venues.. Many manufactures advertise their exhaust systems as being below 95db.. i.e Magnaflow, Tanabe, Greddy et.al. I would go in with an advertisment as part of my defense... Good luck..
Old 04-28-07, 05:29 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

I wanted to close this, but I have to respond. My eclipse is a turbo, it is orange( factory color for 95 and 96),and got pulled over around 8:30. The exhaust is thermal research and devlopment, and is connected to a downpipe and high flow cat. I consider the car quiet, except on full throttle. When I got stopped I was cruising at the speed limit, he only pulled me over because it was a aftermarket exhaust. I will use the db argument and other forums suggested I buy a db meter and carry it in the car at all times and that is something I will do. lastly I love my DSM and am not getting rid of it, but there is just something so special about Lexus, I have my IS300, which I love and might be looking into getting a sc300/sc400 really soon. I just love the idea of the great looks, luxury and power of these Lexus cars and you guys have some fun events that hopefully I will join soon. Thanks again for this forum and passion for Lexus!
Old 04-30-07, 05:33 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

Note to all stay clear of NoVA....
Old 06-20-07, 10:23 AM
Drocay
Pole Position

Fairfax county doesnt play, I work for Fairfax County Goverment and they ticketed my Lex in the Employee parking lot.
Old 06-20-07, 10:39 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

What did they get you for this time? Exhaust? While parked?
Old 06-21-07, 01:17 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Default $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My title will give you the answer on why VA is like this. It is the most stupid,
unforgiving and hardass cop area there is. Fairfax cops don't car about people
at all. They look at us like we are meat and they are an animal. There
is 100% no respect for people by the police in Fairfax. I love VA but the cops
make it a look like crap. I have family that are police man and everytime I tell
them about the stuff that goes on down here they can't believe that they have
nothing better to do. FFX FFX FFX AND SOON FVA!

Quick Reply: Exaust ticket coming out of Hot Import Nights in Fairfax County, Virginia