Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said Ryan
Old 05-13-07, 06:38 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Definitely well said... it like almost brought to my eyes. Your like some kind of scholar or something!!!
Old 05-13-07, 07:04 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WhiteHotIS
Definitely well said... it like almost brought to my eyes. Your like some kind of scholar or something!!!
yeah it looks like the senator has some competition . Jus kidding Tony
Old 05-13-07, 07:18 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Maybe the two of them can right a NELOC novel... lmao!!!
Old 05-14-07, 12:36 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad that some of you guys agree with me. I never started liking cars and modding cars to win awards from venues that do not know half the stuff that is done to the cars they judge without a lengthy discussion. I got into this because I love cars and personalizing them. If you build a car for a judge then you are not personalizing it you are building the car for the judges taste not your own. Many of the group that was with NELOC at Carlisle stayed around the NELOC area. This happened to be closed to the judging area. How many of us would take our LEXUS and do some of the crazy things we saw. If I would get 1 of us that would do it I would be shocked.
Old 05-14-07, 03:38 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Crazy stuff like what exactly???
Old 05-14-07, 03:46 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WhiteHotIS
Crazy stuff like what exactly???
crazy stuff like demon eye headlights . LOL.
Old 05-14-07, 03:50 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Originally Posted by Apex84
crazy stuff like demon eye headlights . LOL.
Well then, when the rest of my plans/ideas come together then you'll know crazy!!!
Old 05-15-07, 06:52 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

By crazy I am referring to some of the crap that we saw from the competitors. Half finished body work, going to Pepboys getting their credit card and getting every part they can find: regardless of the quality. You know all out s****y work.
Old 05-15-07, 07:35 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats to the winners but not having a Lexus class is SIN!
Old 05-15-07, 07:59 AM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BernieIS
I always expect big things from the Carlisle show. I think that alot of it is the anticipation that builds up from the long winter off. There really is no way the show can ever live up to that. Also, of the 39 cars that were in our group only 2 entered for judging, Romeo and TJ with the G35. Our interest in the show seems to be a nice weekend away from the everyday and to hang with old friends and to meet new ones that have similiar interests in cars. I do not think that the show was a disappointment in anyway. NELOC and the cars associated with it stole the show. We had some great caravans to the show, during the weekend, and heading home. We met new people and most people I spoke with got a renew passion for their cars. I would never say that the weekend was not worth it or I would not go next year. Things always change Romeo, keep an opened mind and worry about you and your car. Do not worry about what an award says your car is. You will not be disappointed or upset as often and you most likely will have a more enjoyable time. I know several people I spoke with after the show cannot wait till next year so NELOC can take over the show once again.

I wasn't upset per se, just disappointed with the show or Carlisle as a whole. Keep in mind I've been to Carlisle before. I showed and took second place in '05 with my other car, and have showed and won countless car shows in the 2005 season. I've been to local shows in the middle of nowhere which cost $15 to enter and the prize is a three foot trophy (and actual says First Place Honda Civic 96-00). Yet I go to Carlisle as a repeat customer, pay $60 to enter, and my award is a smaller show than two years ago and a generic sticker on a plaque. I don't care about the award, just the presentation of the show and the cost cutting that was obvious.

I had a wonderful time at Carlisle this year, mainly because of NELOC. I definately would go again, but it would be in no way for the show but for NELOC.
Old 05-15-07, 08:20 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Romeo I think that people focus too much on the show and the judging that goes along with that, even downto the trophies and the other awards. If you build your car to win trophies then you will be disappointed more often than not. The judges that award the prizes see how many of the same cars, many do not know what they are seeing, and they do have biases whether they will admit it or not. You chose your wheels because you loved them, build the car with the mods that you love and it will be much more fulfilling. I did not buy my car because other people love it. I have had it for a year and everyday I drive it I think to myself "This is the best purchase I have ever made." I love my car because that is my choice not someone else's. If you have a great car, to me it is much more fulfilling to fly under the radar and have people in awe without advertising it.
Old 05-15-07, 06:44 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Originally Posted by BernieIS
By crazy I am referring to some of the crap that we saw from the competitors. Half finished body work, going to Pepboys getting their credit card and getting every part they can find: regardless of the quality. You know all out s****y work.
Oh gotcha now...