NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Md Bbq - Sat. June 23

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 09:40 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Kwame, & Rum are there, then Count me in! Wuttttup Kwame!!!!
Old 06-07-07, 09:54 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nate579
No he didn't, how I remember those days. Anyway, I really hoping to make it, but if not I will contribute anyway. Everyone have fun. I have to send a fifth or rum for Kwame. LOL.
Good one!!!! LOL......you gotta make this meet. I know the situation, but it would be nice if you could make it. But if not we'll get up....
Old 06-07-07, 10:04 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
If Kwame, & Rum are there, then Count me in! Wuttttup Kwame!!!!
WASSSUP Sam, damn I was just thinking about that night at the bar in Carlisle with that girl. If you make it down here, I got a place to take you to. Smitty went with me last weekend and he had a ball. If we rolled up there deep after the BBQ, it could get out of control really quick........and I'll leave it at that. But yeah dude, come on down, bring your side kick Jimmy down with you too.(jk) Wassup Jimmy...

Last edited by kwamdoo74; 06-07-07 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-08-07, 05:26 AM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the Mrs. and I are going to try to make it down as well, we are at least going to make a strong attempt. I'll know a little more next week.
Old 06-08-07, 09:38 AM
sunny068
Driver

Oh this is shaping up to hopefully be a good turnout. I'm down for spades Malik, or anyone else who wants some of me! I'm a beast, let that serve as your warning!
Old 06-08-07, 09:41 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I'll be in DC at the Caribbean Festival on GA Ave and make my way out to the BBQ when I'm done.
Old 06-08-07, 09:43 AM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

I'm with Sunny and Malik with the spades. If we have enough people who know how to play "Bones" (dominoes), then that would be nice as well.... but not that many people in this area play "Bones"..
Old 06-08-07, 09:50 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sunny068
Oh this is shaping up to hopefully be a good turnout. I'm down for spades Malik, or anyone else who wants some of me! I'm a beast, let that serve as your warning!

LOL, I've ended a relationship over Spades. Chick told me she could play, brought her to a family cookout and she ended up re-nigging (sp) within the first five hands. My sister cursed her **** out and she looked to me to defend her. Gave her cab money and haven't seen her since.

COUNT YOUR DAYUM BOOKS!!!!!
Old 06-08-07, 10:31 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
LOL, I've ended a relationship over Spades. Chick told me she could play, brought her to a family cookout and she ended up re-nigging (sp) within the first five hands. My sister cursed her **** out and she looked to me to defend her. Gave her cab money and haven't seen her since.

COUNT YOUR DAYUM BOOKS!!!!!
LMAO!!!! Cliff u a cool-blooded dude. lol. But you do have a point

-Smitty
Old 06-08-07, 11:26 AM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

I feel you guys about counting your books and renigging, but what about sandbagging. I used to play with guys back in college who would play with inexperienced players and purposely not count their books so that they could set them. Basically the games would turn into a bluffing contest at times and we would have made books almost every other hand. I like to play with the sandbagging rule in where after 10 books over, your team drops 100 points. I'm not sure if any of you play with that rule or not, but it surely stopped the fake biding.
Old 06-08-07, 11:30 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kwamdoo74
I feel you guys about counting your books and renigging, but what about sandbagging. I used to play with guys back in college who would play with inexperienced players and purposely not count their books so that they could set them. Basically the games would turn into a bluffing contest at times and we would have made books almost every other hand. I like to play with the sandbagging rule in where after 10 books over, your team drops 100 points. I'm not sure if any of you play with that rule or not, but it surely stopped the fake biding.

Kwame, my family takes it a step further because there's always someone waiting for next, 10 sandbags = game over
Old 06-08-07, 11:36 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Kwame, my family takes it a step further because there's always someone waiting for next, 10 sandbags = game over
Yup that's the way I know it. Bags cuts out all the BS lol.
Old 06-08-07, 12:29 PM
sunny068
Driver

Wow, I'm glad none of my boyfriends ever dumped me over a spades game, although I never play with them anyway. Maybe if mine comes to the cookout we'll see ... lol. Whatever rules you want are fine with me. Are we playing the 3rd joker rule (big joker, little joker, duece, ace)?

And I don't know how to play "bones" but I wanna learn.
Old 06-08-07, 12:39 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sunny068
Wow, I'm glad none of my boyfriends ever dumped me over a spades game, although I never play with them anyway. Maybe if mine comes to the cookout we'll see ... lol. Whatever rules you want are fine with me. Are we playing the 3rd joker rule (big joker, little joker, duece, ace)?

And I don't know how to play "bones" but I wanna learn.

LOL, Sunny, if you bring your boyfriend, we may have to create a waiver for him to sign on your behalf.

I _______ promise not to break up with my girlfriend ______ if she sucks at Spades. But if I suck and embarass her in front of her NELOC fam, I will ___________

XOXOXOXO

Joker, Joker, Deuce (diamond), Deuce (spade), Ace is the NYC version.

Last edited by oohpapi44; 06-08-07 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-08-07, 01:18 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Here's another important spades question, what do you set board at? I was playin with some dudes from DC and they went board and only got 3 and were like yeah and I was like nah homie you 1 short and they were like nah board is 3. So you know I wasent havin it and even the guy who was my partner was saying board was 3. Where I come from its 4 and I know a few people who take it up to 5.

-Smitty

Quick Reply: Md Bbq - Sat. June 23