Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We play
how many is at the table as board.
Old 06-08-07, 04:34 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
LOL, I've ended a relationship over Spades. Chick told me she could play, brought her to a family cookout and she ended up re-nigging (sp) within the first five hands. My sister cursed her **** out and she looked to me to defend her. Gave her cab money and haven't seen her since.

COUNT YOUR DAYUM BOOKS!!!!!
LOL....I think I must be related to you... too much in common bump for fly cookout
Old 06-08-07, 06:58 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smitty: Board is FOUR, ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR,....I've never heard of three. That sounds like a team not trying to claim they were set after that 10 was ran on them.

oohpapi44: Well in school, we would take out wild card to make the game more challenging. The 2 of diamonds was a 2 of diamonds. The 2 of spades was a 2 of spades, it sat at the bottom as the number states. The jokers stayed at the top as usual.

Oh yeah, we also played that if a 10 was run on you on your first hand, the team to miss board would be off the table. But that 10 would have to be bid as any other 10. And let's please play "NO BLINDS or NINES"....if you put yourself in a whole, TUFF, dig yourself out. If you don't have the ***** to go 10 to get 200 points then just bid 8, don't *****foot around with 9. Just a thought, what do you think.....

Last edited by kwamdoo74; 06-09-07 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-09-07, 09:29 AM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in for the bbq. Due for a md trip anyway.
Old 06-10-07, 03:30 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like this is gonna be off the hook. Not gonna have time to makeup a side dish, unfortunately. Tara,, Leroy and I will arrive early in order to help get things organized, setup, started etc. Add $40 more to the fund from me.

and BTW, this may seem like a small, insignicant item,, but some directions would probably help alot of folks out. Normally, I would provide them but I will not be able to do so b/c my laptop comp is down right now.
Old 06-10-07, 10:08 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spades is for kids, we play Bidwhist where I'm from. It's spades with more strategy. Step up to a real card game please. In spades, you feel helpless, praying to the Spades Gods most times....in BidWhist, you can make the most of whatever you got. Trump is set by the bidder, much more fun.

By the way, in Spades board is four (and sometimes it's hard for you and your partner to even get THAT when you done pissed off the Spade Gods!), sandbagging sux (but a necessary evil at times)...with 10 being the limit, and re-nigging is a no-no, but you gotta catch it, so a keen eye must be kept on those people cuttin' yo sh@#!

Last edited by KevinGS; 06-11-07 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-11-07, 06:40 AM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Spades is for kids, we play Bidwhist where I'm from. It's spades with more strategy. Step up to some real card games. In spades, you feel helpless, praying to the Spade Gods....in BidWhist, you can make most of whatever you got. Trump is set by the bidder, much more fun.

By the way, in Spades board is four (sometimes it's hard to get THAT when you done pissed off the Spade Gods!), sandbagging sux (but a necessary evil at times)...and 10 is the limit, and re-nigging is a no-no, but you gotta catch it, so a keen eye must be kept on those people cuttin' yo sh@#!
I feel you Kevin, I used to play BidWhist as well, and I totally agree. It is a more interesting game than Spades, but I haven't played in a while, but if we can get a few who can play, I'm game. If you really want a simple but fun game, what about Tonk. That's one's is usually for gamblers, but it is fun as hell and it can still be played for fun.
Old 06-11-07, 11:27 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
If Kwame, & Rum are there, then Count me in! Wuttttup Kwame!!!!
Hey Sam, should I add you to the list?
Old 06-11-07, 11:32 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hb55047
Im in for the bbq. Due for a md trip anyway.
Sweet! Added you to the list
Old 06-11-07, 12:34 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

**PLEASE READ**

Alright everyone, time to get the food list on lock

For those of you that are coming but not yet said what you will bring or donate please let me know, either PM or post up.

PLEASE review my 1st post (pg. 1) as I update the food list and attendee list just about everyday.

Directions to come, will be posted on first page. stay tuned

THANKS MUCH!

This BBQ is shaping out to what's gonna be a really good time!! Hopefully we have great weather and if not we will have a blast anyway!

Last edited by LittleGz; 06-11-07 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-13-07, 09:22 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

BUMP for some responses
Old 06-14-07, 12:37 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kwamdoo74
WASSSUP Sam, damn I was just thinking about that night at the bar in Carlisle with that girl. If you make it down here, I got a place to take you to. Smitty went with me last weekend and he had a ball. If we rolled up there deep after the BBQ, it could get out of control really quick........and I'll leave it at that. But yeah dude, come on down, bring your side kick Jimmy down with you too.(jk) Wassup Jimmy...
You Know the Deal, Party like a Rock Star! As of right now I might be busy, but I'll see if I can do something.
Old 06-14-07, 05:26 AM
edwardll
Driver

I'm new, I know no one knows who the hell I am.. Hopefully Its cool with ya.. I can bring food OR money.. Either or. just let me know..
Old 06-14-07, 06:18 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edwardll
I'm new, I know no one knows who the hell I am.. Hopefully Its cool with ya.. I can bring food OR money.. Either or. just let me know..
Come on through, man...

Welcome to NELOC. Yeah, we're a bunch of fools at times, but it's all good.

Quick Reply: Md Bbq - Sat. June 23