NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Reppin Lexus at an Acura show....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 06:18 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Pito... I have to apologize for the guys. Most of us have been together from the inception of NELOC. There are many projects and event planning for 2007. Sometimes we do gravitate to those we have history with.

Well we have the 3 meet sticker rule... If a new member can put up with us for 3 meets we officially give them NELOC/CLub Lexus stickers. Just come to 2 more meets and you'll be a permanent figure in NELOC.

BTW: My next project will be an LS4xx...
Old 05-23-07, 06:21 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pito, looking good with the first gen bro. You gotta come out to some more events with us so I wont be the only first gen reppin.

Dashocka-- I have the same gen and never a mention from you as to upgrading for me.. What is it a NY thing?? HUH?? LMAO!!! OK,, I see the light now.
Old 05-23-07, 08:04 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pito
Mark that coupe looks damn familiar. Were you on that forum before or maybe someone you sold it too. I put that down as my dream coupe when the question was asked.
I've owned 2 Legends....a first gen sedan, and the KA8 coupe. My coupe was one of the most modded coupes around with a lot of prototype and one off parts on it. I was on AL.com from the very beginning when I first bought the car in 1995. I sold the car to Steve in Chicago a few years back. I really miss it....but it was time to move on.
Old 05-23-07, 10:13 PM
pito
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the coupe was my inspiration at the time. I loved the way it looked.

I do agree with you though on moving on.

I'll definitely be doing more meets. This lex is running so good. I went from 186k to 195k in a few months. I do want to get rid of the ticking, so that is something for me to think about.

See you at the future meets fellas.

Rising sun I appreciate that.

Trunk, I like your first gen so dont get mad when you see me with the mirror lights on.

I sometimes think about selling it, but damn I got so much work into it and it runs so good and reliable.
Old 05-24-07, 06:52 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ticking noise...nothing a fresh oil change and a bottle of Lucas can't solve..
Old 05-24-07, 08:33 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Dashocka-- I have the same gen and never a mention from you as to upgrading for me.. What is it a NY thing?? HUH?? LMAO!!! OK,, I see the light now.
I gotta keep the locals fresh and clean for 07 baby. The only upgrade you need for your ride is a tire pressure guage in the glove box..
Old 05-24-07, 08:41 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pito

I'll definitely be doing more meets. This lex is running so good. I went from 186k to 195k in a few months. I do want to get rid of the ticking, so that is something for me to think about.

I sometimes think about selling it, but damn I got so much work into it and it runs so good and reliable.
Don't sell your car just yet. A few upgrades and you will be in business. You are almost there.. The ticking noise is common even with Gs400's. You may just need a professional fuel injection cleaning and engine flush to remove the carbon buildup. That can contribute to valve tappet noise (ticking).. I had that same ticking sound 2 yrs ago, and now it is gone completely because I have done the above every 15k. I have a guy for you that can do that service if you wish. The worse case scenario caould be your car needing a valve adjustemnt job. Very costly service at the dealer, as all 32 valves of your engine will have to be readjusted to spec. The car will have to stay over night at a dealership for that service.. See you on Sunday at the Neloc meet..
Old 05-24-07, 01:29 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I gotta keep the locals fresh and clean for 07 baby. The only upgrade you need for your ride is a tire pressure guage in the glove box..
Oh,, you got jokes too!! Huh?? I keep one in the box,, only thing is my dumb self didnt change the flippin batteries!! You know you messed up. I thought we were boys!!! I need to hit the Ny sooner just so we can meet.
Pito,, I too have the annoying engine tap and from the LS forum, you know that it is a very common thing with the 1UZ engines. The solution which DaShocka gave is a quick, and inexpensive fix and Will quiet it down a little; in some cases make it gone. Valve adjustment is really the only way to completely knock it out and as stated it is very expensive to do so. Bsically the top half of the engine is gonna have to come off, might as well change the starter while you are at it, and 32 valves get costly real quick. Bottom line, it is more annoying than anything but it isnt causing any harm ot anything so you have time to save up if you go the adjustment route.

ticking noise...nothing a fresh oil change and a bottle of Lucas can't solve..
In some cases , this could very well solve the problem, however it depends on how far out of adjustment they are. In my case, Lucas didnt help, just calmed it down a little.
Old 05-29-07, 08:17 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
If you want to make a comment fine, but do so in a constructive and considerate manner.

Charris, especially since this is your first post. We strive here to give a sense of community, so if your just going to bring negativity to this forum, please do not post here. As the saying goes... If you have nothing good to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.

Good post, I agree 100%

Pito, send a PM to CL member aliga, he gets great deals on parts.

As far as 20's and Brooklyn, its nothing if you are mindful of what your doing! I have ran 20's day in and day out since 2001 all up and down Bk, no problemo.

Good luck.
Old 05-29-07, 08:42 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
They sure do.....but, the owners are getting younger as the price of a used Legend drops. The problem is the combination of a lack of aftermarket support for the Legend and the limited funds of many younger owners. This leads to many mods that seem cheap.....and it's ashame because back in the day, a KA8 coupe retailed for $50k.

I miss my coupe.....it was the first car I modded heavily

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

That is oh-so sweet, one of my alltime favorite cars is that Ac Coupe. MrMark, that is one nice modding job there. Wish I would have known you then, I woulda bought it for sure, if I could afford it.

MrMark, let's just say, if you're EVER selling one of your cars, please contact me first. When you're selling some vehicle, I'll probably suddenly be "in the market".
Old 05-29-07, 09:04 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

ahhh Kevin,, be careful what you wish for. Trust me!!!!