NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

A sad day indeed

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 07:57 PM
amorphous
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A sad day indeed

After much debate with me and the batmobile, I got my butt handed to me. Lesson learned no more trash talking before I know what the person is made of. And I had the bat himself in my ear the whole time while he was killing Cole Train. I'll give you your props Bat's but next time is going to be more challenging!
Old 06-06-07, 08:05 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Just like he told all of us who played him in Tekken, "thats an Asian game." And then he proceeded to beat the s***t out of us.
Old 06-06-07, 08:10 PM
amorphous
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apex84
Just like he told all of us who played him in Tekken, "thats an Asian game." And then he proceeded to beat the s***t out of us.

The Asian man won't win for much longer after I scrape off all the old man rust
Old 06-07-07, 03:38 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

n im still waitin on you guys on Forza 2
Old 06-07-07, 07:01 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
n im still waitin on you guys on Forza 2
LOL, keep the NERD Wars in one thread. lol, this had better be about a real race, if you nerds are going to start making threads about Xbox races, we will take away your controllers and dirty magazines...

LOL, seriously, I'm gonna be pi$$ed if this wasn't a real race
Old 06-07-07, 12:44 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

^^^LMAO at Papi^^^
Old 06-07-07, 07:13 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
if you nerds are going to start making threads about Xbox races, we will take away your controllers and dirty magazines...
ouch. ill make sure i stay off NELOC then...sheesh. im not a nerd but wow.
Old 06-07-07, 08:15 PM
amorphous
Pole Position

Just cause the afro nerd looks like me doesn't mean I look at dirty magazines....much...
Old 06-08-07, 05:34 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LittleGz
^^^LMAO at Papi^^^
I've been on this board longer than most of you, and I do not find the NERD references and cartoon funny. Happy faces & smiles will not diminish the content. What if said commentary was posted by me for example, in the 45 Carlise aftermath threads ?? How would most of you take it??? One wonders why there is a lack of participation on the part of senior members on this board. Those are the folks most of you can learn from. Has NELOC become a band of immature juveniles? Is this the image you guys want to portray? If so, then the title of this thread applies. You lead by example guys.... Good luck.
Old 06-08-07, 07:09 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, way too early. Let me say this. This thread was created by ONE member (amorphous) talking to ONE other member (Batmobile) and my response OBVIOUSLY was a JOKE (exhibit a a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter; "he told a very funny joke"; "he knows a million gags"; "thanks for the laugh"; "he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"; "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point" ) which I tend to make here from time to time (damn it's way too early for this, some of you, well ....... forget it)

Amorphous, who I've never met in person (If I did bruh, my bad, like I said, it's early) didn't take offense to it and Bat; who if didn't live so far away would probably be another partner in crime with some of GSoup's and mine's local antics, I know has a great sense of humor and will understand a joke (see exhibit a above). So why someone other than these two would take offense to what I said is beyond me. If I meant more than two nerds, i would have found a picture of more than two nerds (see exhibit b)

exhibit b

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
ouch. ill make sure i stay off NELOC then...sheesh. im not a nerd but wow.
I hope you're joking, if not then I hope what was said above makes sense.

Originally Posted by DaShocker
I've been on this board longer than most of you, and I do not find the NERD references and cartoon funny. Happy faces & smiles will not diminish the content. What if said commentary was posted by me for example, in the 45 Carlise aftermath threads ?? How would most of you take it??? One wonders why there is a lack of participation on the part of senior members on this board. Those are the folks most of you can learn from. Has NELOC become a band of immature juveniles? Is this the image you guys want to portray? If so, then the title of this thread applies. You lead by example guys.... Good luck.
Sean let me say this to you directly. Everyone here knows pretty much how I feel about you and I do my best to have no direct interaction with you out of sake of keeping my personal feelings from bringing down the harmony that exists on this board. I'm civil to you in person out of respect of the event or other people's homes. So why you feel that my joke (once again, point a) was directed at you, I don't understand. If I offended you, then I APOLOGIZE but like I said earlier, the only person who has the right to be offended would be amorphous since I haven't met him as my joke (yep point a again) was directed at him and Bat. Seemingly he wasn't bothered by the (not gonna say it)... But know this, when I speak on this board NONE of my comments are ever directed at you. So from this point out, if I ever type something you find offensive use this date 06/08/07 to reference when you say to yourself "Oh I know he aint talking bout me" because it will be true.

As far as your 'senior member' comment. Not sure what you think makes you (or any of us) a senior member or that we are considered 'teachers'. This forum has three moderators, everyone else is on an EQUAL level with the same amount of power on CL. Having more posts, more 'mods' or joining before someone else doesn't make you 'senior' (unless youre talking about our ages, then I'll agree with you - yeah I'm 'shocked' too - pun intended - see point a above, just made another one). But there have been 'new' people to come in and step directly into a 'leadership' role in getting things organized (Apex, Mark, Kevin, etc)

Most of your points in here lately have been nothing but snide or just bad vibe comments and you seem to be the only one to do that. If that's the case, then maybe we aren't the problem. You said 'what if' I made comments, you have, people just choose to ignore them and keep it moving. There are some people here who just want to do meets or car stuff and there are other people who want to build comraderie and friendships (as evidenced by Tara opening her home to a cookout and giving an open invitation to ALL, Bat offering to provide 'hookup's for phone service, or me offering to help out cable customers when I can, Hell I'm even trying to pimp out Malik to my Chocolate Lovers girl clique to pay for my bodykit - ok last one). And once again, none of what I'm saying is a personal dig at you, like I said above, when I'm talking, I'm not even referencing you at all in ANY shape or form.

In the last year this group of people have taken tremendous strides in grown, community and just regular life where I get can get phone calls from members on this forum from MD, NJ, PA just to say "what's up" and not mention the word Lexus at all and I'm a better person for it. So with what's been building, it seems that this thing called NELOC will continue to grow no matter what level of participation the so called 'senior' members provide. I can only hope you can get on board and ride it out with the direction it's going because you're missing a great ride.

NELOC ruff ruff (thowing my N in the air)

Now I'm closing my office door cause I just missed 5 minutes of "Maury", it's emergency makeover day, lol, and Jerry's up next.
Old 06-08-07, 07:28 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok..this is getting waaaaaay off topic. Both of you have said what you have to say and lets leave it at that. With that being said back to topic.

Any comments or replies after this will be deleted and dealt with accordingly.

C-Lo
Old 06-09-07, 05:01 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44

......... when I can, Hell I'm even trying to pimp out Malik to my Chocolate Lovers girl clique to pay for my bodykit - ok last one). And once again, .........

Pimp me baby your kit money is in my hand no offense taken.. and no that pic is not me and AMP....lol
Old 06-09-07, 02:19 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

WOOOOWWWWW!!!!! Been off the borads for awhile and yall get all sensative and stuff. Let's remember, we are all here to not only show love for the Lexus brand, but to have fun and form those "family type" bonds which will hopefully carry us through both good times and bad. Realize that when dealing with a group of people, there are going to be many personality types, and we all must be respectant of one another. Am sure that if any true offense were taken, then the responsible parties involved would resolve the issue and move on with life. Most of you would agree that we all seem to know one another rather well here, and for our newer members as well as visitors, we kinda pick on one another like a tortured little brother/sister (LOL!!!), but all is done in love and respect for one another.

It is almost impossible to talk all cars, all the time,, and nothing else, and sometimes we need just a little relief from our cars to enjoy one another both through conversation, or just saying "Papi,, I'm on my way up this weekend. I need directions. When I get there dinner and drinks on me! (Hypothetical Papi,, I seen you drink. LOL!!!)

It is true that Neloc has taken a dramatic turn this year, and we have evolved from just being an ordinary group of people who have hot cars that most would not even thnk of modding, to a true family type of atmosphere in which we encourage and welcome ALL to sit down and just kick back in convo. I can only speak for me, but every event that I attend, whether it is an officially organized one or just an impromptu get together, I am always excited and cant wait to see my second family. After that, the night seems to fly by so fast and ends too quickly, and I am always sad to have to part company; be it NY, PA, NJ, Va, or even here in MD. Even some of the newer members, please free to chime in if you agree, may attest to the strong family like feel here and the fact that we are genuinely friends. Look at the recent influx of people jumping ship from .net(thanks Leroy and Tara. LOL!!!)

I would encourage everyone to take a second read from my article in the Carlisle show guide, because I wrote those words from the heart. It was the way I felt then (a few months ago) and I still feel the same way now.

Last edited by trukn1; 06-09-07 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-09-07, 02:33 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol you guys

Hopefully I can join in on this xbox fun soon and see whats up

Lemme get some of them dirty magazines lol
Old 06-09-07, 02:40 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Amorphous, who I've never met in person (If I did bruh, my bad,
Cliff, he was at the Carlisle meet with us, but he got stuck with the nickname "Litle Brother". Am not surprised tho that you don't remember him because between this....

and let's not forget about this ,,,,,,

It's no wonder that you two cant remember one another!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Quick Reply: A sad day indeed